Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harlequin paintjob

Harlequin paintjob

I have a love hate relationship with oils. Sometimes I love aspects of it. Other times I hate it. But I get better each time I do a decoy. Was given a couple decoys from Murray(Gunner) on here and after showing Ian them he suggested a harley for this foam decoy. Supposed to be a hen Bufflehead pretty sure.

So far so good. The sidepockets are probably the nicest I've ever done, texture and feather detail is outstanding. The rest of the bird is just okay for now. Still have to do touch up all the blue and then a final of the other colours, I sortof paint back ass backwards hahaha, do it in 10 steps instead of 3. And oils can take forever to dry too.

1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Harlequin paintjob

You probably have lots, but here's some extra pics for reference:

http://nationalzoo.si.edu/scbi/migra...Harlequin_Duck

Click on the "Thumbnails" to open a bigger pic.

That will kill em!

Looks great man!

Lorne
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

Looks pretty damn good Adam!! But why do you guys want to shoot those poor little Harleys???
    I figure a Cormorant would rank slightly higher as table fare?? Cheers---Field Marshal.

Cormies remind me of brant since they come in sometimes when we're out there.

Those cute little harlies......well....I need about 4-5 more on the wall before I stop. The wood duck of the sea.
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

looks good.....got more?
    FULLY AUTOMATIC MANURE FLINGER

Until I build a shop behind my house I do decoys at a snails pace. Im good for maybe 2 a year. They'll be extra rare hahah

Quote Originally Posted by field marshal View Post
    Looks pretty damn good Adam!! But why do you guys want to shoot those poor little Harleys???
    I figure a Cormorant would rank slightly higher as table fare?? Cheers---Field Marshal.
    Whos says we dont shoot cormies too?!?!?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

Knew a taxidermist that server Cormorant at a camp once... people ate it and liked it...

Just goes to show its iffy to eat anything a taxidermist cooks!!!
    Member of:
    BC Wildlife Federation
    Delta Waterfowl
    Ducks Unlimited

All done except the eyes.