PDA

View Full Version : Fuel prices?

Pages : [1] 2 3

MichelD
06-12-2022, 02:33 PM
Is the cost of fuel going to change your hunting plans?

My wife's reduced consumption of red meat (I still have half a deer and boxes of ducks and geese) and $2.20 gas has led me to tell my past LEH partners to count me out of putting my name in on an application Region 6 this year.

I'll be driving to closer areas from the LML this year for some deer hunting and that'll be it.

Bustercluck
06-12-2022, 02:47 PM
I’m not sure it’s going to affect hunting plans, but I’m definitely not dragging my travel trailer too far this year.

HappyJack
06-12-2022, 03:09 PM
It depends on how high the fuel prices go, might have to buy an electric truck if it gets bad enough.

358mag
06-12-2022, 03:13 PM
It depends on how high the fuel prices go, might have to buy an electric truck if it gets bad enough.

So going spend $70,000.00+ on a electric truck because you cant afford a gas- diesel Truck ?

IronNoggin
06-12-2022, 03:25 PM
Wrote the Kechika trip off this year due to just that.
Only put in on my two regular long shots for LEH.
Still considering Alberta if I draw elk or antelope...

Nog

HappyJack
06-12-2022, 03:36 PM
So going spend $70,000.00+ on a electric truck because you cant afford a gas- diesel Truck ?

My gasser is paid off so the hit wouldn't be quite that large, I'd consider it a form of tax revolt, tired of having my fuel taxed into stratosphere amounts.

Bugle M In
06-12-2022, 04:01 PM
Well, I have a lot of family issues occurring due to estate.
I may not have a truck and camper at that point.
But, the fuel prices have certainly stopped any plans if a hunt even if I had the use of truck/camper.
It was 750$ almost last EK elk hunt diesel costs, at between 1.20 - 1.30 l, and now, almost double!!
It will be the first time in 40 straight years that I won’t be going.
So yes, fuel prices have made a difference I. Lifestyle choices right now

Retiredguy
06-12-2022, 04:14 PM
Absolutely fuel costs are going to change what I do this year. Only put in for LEH where I live...not that I expect to draw anything as I rarely do. Glad I live in hunting country and can hunt deer and bear out the back door.

Bernie O
06-12-2022, 04:25 PM
To think of buying any kind of an electric vehicle and calling it a revolt [no pun intended] against the government is laughable at best. My manners preclude me telling you what I really think of people falling into the electric trap.

Edzzed
06-12-2022, 04:32 PM
Won't affect me, We live in deer country. I will probably not take the boat out as much but then again, I am getting an 800 month raise soon. Applied for CPP.

Frank grimes
06-12-2022, 04:39 PM
Meh,
il hunt around my place. I moved to the EK a year or two ago. Last year I finally found some decent mule deer, hopefully this year I can connect. My couple of spots are about a half hour drive at the most, and a 1-3 hour hike. Unless they start taxing boot leather, my plans won’t change.

notyalc
06-12-2022, 05:46 PM
Not going to change mine at all. Just means I’ll work a couple extra days to make up for the extra fuel costs. It does suck having the prices where they’re at, but I’m not going to let that mess with my hunting plans. No biggie!

Sitkaspruce
06-12-2022, 07:18 PM
Changed our holidays. Instead of heading west down through the OK and EK, we are heading east to Alberta for our camping trip.

Hunting is always close to home, so that won't change. BS LEH is putting up more road blocks than gas prices......

Cheers

SS

browningboy
06-12-2022, 07:30 PM
It sucks for sure but we’ll go where we go, just a little more broke!

twoSevenO
06-12-2022, 07:32 PM
Not drastically, but definitely making some adjustments.

I will likely try to make it out for fewer trips but make each one a bit longer.

browningboy
06-12-2022, 07:34 PM
Question is….will there be less road hunting? Lol

landphil
06-12-2022, 07:36 PM
Yup, it will have an effect. Instead of going for a few days to a week at a time, I’ll make it count more and go for 10 days to 2 weeks.

Redthies
06-12-2022, 07:40 PM
I gutted a house in the Koots, and am in the process of rebuilding it from the studs up and building a new shop on that land for my business. I can assure, it’s super fun doing the 7 hour drive twice per week! Im getting 10-12 mpg in my pig of a truck pulling a big trailer each way. Luckily, the nearest RR radio frequency sign is 50’ from the corner of my new property, so I’ll be able to hunt on $10 in gas when the season starts.

It’s an effed up world when fuel is the biggest cost item in my house reno!

Bugle M In
06-12-2022, 08:15 PM
High fuel costs and living in BC do not go hand in hand.

And yes, I do expect that road traffic will be curbed while out hunting.
Road hunting was never my thing anyways.
Bit I think some locals will enjoy it.

Bugle M In
06-12-2022, 08:18 PM
Won't affect me, We live in deer country. I will probably not take the boat out as much but then again, I am getting an 800 month raise soon. Applied for CPP.
My buddy is in the process of removing inboards for outboards,
We had talked about this up coming season fuel savings because of it.
Not now, but should be even to last year.
still not good.

drift6969
06-12-2022, 08:44 PM
Just have to stay out hunting longer :)

HarryToolips
06-12-2022, 08:47 PM
I'll be heading to my R4 elk spot but other than that hunting local...was hoping for possibly one more hunting road trip but if the prices stay this high, that won't happen..

Bugle M In
06-12-2022, 10:54 PM
I wonder about the impact during that time of year for small towns?
Years ago, places like Cache creek were ghost towns except for the hunting traffic.
And even then, you could easily find a vacant room, but every buck (no pun intended) helped!
Nowdays, it’s hatd to find a room with things like kids hockey tournaments all over etc.
Which also makes me wonder how those famalies are all impacted right now.
My brother is all over BC every other weekend it seems with his boys, all year round!
Thats gotta hurt the pocket book right now!!!

XPEIer
06-13-2022, 06:34 AM
I cringe just to drive the 40 minutes to check my trail cameras,,, need to combine it with another trip. I hunt as close to home as I can, and our LEH are closer to home this year as well. That said, we are departing on an 8000km road trip to Tuk in August,,,, gas budget has doubled but it is still cheaper than plane tickets.

XPEIER

digger dogger
06-13-2022, 06:37 AM
I’ll be hunting a neighbours property for deer this year in the valley.
And have to cancel a trip up north for moose.
Because of the non-resident no moose hunting.
But it would be about 1000$ each way up to Dease.
I’ve heard twice now that the banks are gonna drive up interest rates to stop this justinflation.

westcoaster
06-13-2022, 07:30 AM
I cringe just to drive the 40 minutes to check my trail cameras,,, need to combine it with another trip. I hunt as close to home as I can, and our LEH are closer to home this year as well. That said, we are departing on an 8000km road trip to Tuk in August,,,, gas budget has doubled but it is still cheaper than plane tickets.

XPEIER

When you get back let us know what the fuel prices are in Inuvik. If you are suffering sticker shock down here wait until you get there....

blackbart
06-13-2022, 08:44 PM
If the price of fuel starts to impact my enjoyment of hunting and fishing then it is time to jump off of a bridge. I won't be changing any plans, even it it goes to $10/litre.

twoSevenO
06-13-2022, 09:11 PM
If the price of fuel starts to impact my enjoyment of hunting and fishing then it is time to jump off of a bridge. I won't be changing any plans, even it it goes to $10/litre.

Unless youre a multi millionaire That just bad financial decision making.
There are plenty of ways to enjoy what we do while making an effort to reduce our costs.

I wonder if the a-hole in Cloverdale still rocks the "LOL MPG" license plate on his Dodge

digger dogger
06-14-2022, 07:01 AM

You’s a Pimp Mac Daddy, yo!

Iron Glove
06-14-2022, 07:24 AM
90% of my hunting is a few km from our cabin where we spend maybe 120 days a year so I'm going anyways.
Cabin is @ 160 km from home so it's not really a big expense overall.
Where we are cutting down on our gas costs is using the Wife's Subaru for most of the driving around Town, trips in the Fraser Valley and such. She gets @ 50% better mpg than I get in the truck so it all adds up. Can't take the Subie to the cabin because we always take a load with us.

tyreguy
06-14-2022, 08:08 AM
Same here, extra fuel costs add couple hundred $$ to the trip - not a big deal.
Hunting trips are seldom are operating on a budget - if it was you would calculate the cost/lb and realize there are cheaper ways to fill your freezer.

wideopenthrottle
06-14-2022, 08:12 AM
I work in this god forsaken city to have the money to go to the woods...if I had to live in the city and couldn't afford the fuel to get to the country...I would sell and move to the country

HappyJack
06-14-2022, 07:35 PM
I work in this god forsaken city to have the money to go to the woods...if I had to live in the city and couldn't afford the fuel to get to the country...I would sell and move to the country

That's what we did, left the rat race behind. I highly recommend it.

Bugle M In
06-14-2022, 07:53 PM
Traffic in the city after rush hour does seem to be a little lighter these days, imo.
If the wife would allow, I’d be moving to either Vernon or if I want to give up my hunting for the most part, Nanaimo region, and go fishing, albeit neat entrance island to cut down costs.
No go however………. Grrrrrrt

RiverOtter
06-14-2022, 09:07 PM

XPEIER

When you get back let us know what the fuel prices are in Inuvik. If you are suffering sticker shock down here wait until you get there....
Just got back home on Friday from Dawson City and the Dempster. The highest we paid for fuel in the Yukon was $2.13, with the bulk of our fuel up's being $2.03-$2.09. Watson Lake was $1.95.
Less fuel tax in the Yukon and only 5% gst on bought goods balances things out.
Take at least 2 jerry cans to enable you to drive past the odd over priced gas station and get in the habit of rolling into the smaller stations to look at the pump price. We got cheaper fuel on a few occasions by doing just that and topping off.

As per the original question, fuel prices won't change my plans much. Might do more overnight trips than day trips, but that's never a bad idea even with cheaper fuel.

XPEIer
06-15-2022, 05:41 AM
Thanks River Otter, I unfortunately cannot pass any gas stations as my Tundra has a tiny gas tank. I will have 3 jerry cans with me to ensure I can get from one to the next. Did you do the entire Dempster?

XPEIER

Just got back home on Friday from Dawson City and the Dempster. The highest we paid for fuel in the Yukon was $2.13, with the bulk of our fuel up's being $2.03-$2.09. Watson Lake was $1.95.
Less fuel tax in the Yukon and only 5% gst on bought goods balances things out.
Take at least 2 jerry cans to enable you to drive past the odd over priced gas station and get in the habit of rolling into the smaller stations to look at the pump price. We got cheaper fuel on a few occasions by doing just that and topping off.

As per the original question, fuel prices won't change my plans much. Might do more overnight trips than day trips, but that's never a bad idea even with cheaper fuel.

Retiredguy
06-15-2022, 07:15 AM
The Dempster is a great run. First time I did it years ago you needed multiple spare tires. Have not done that trip in a long time, but plan to do it in the next few years as the wife has not seen it. Going to wait a bit though and hope the fuel prices go down...it will cost thousands otherwise just for fuel.

RiverOtter
06-15-2022, 08:55 PM
Thanks River Otter, I unfortunately cannot pass any gas stations as my Tundra has a tiny gas tank. I will have 3 jerry cans with me to ensure I can get from one to the next. Did you do the entire Dempster?

XPEIER
No we didn't, just went 113K up to show my wife the tundra and catch a glimpse of the Tombstone mountains.
I've been as far as the Peel river crossing once, but unfortunately the ice bridge was to close to break up, so we turned around. If I get up there again it'll be in early September for the colors. Not that it isn't beautiful anytime.

Not sure what you're running for tires, but we went up with10 plys on my wife's 4 Runner and never had a worry about getting a flat. I had a couple flats on that road with 6 plys the first time I drove it, so wasn't gonna play that game again. Lol.

To get back to the original thread, the fuel bill was definitely worth it to see that country up there.

wildcatter
06-15-2022, 09:12 PM
Drove the Dempster to the Arctic Circle many years ago, early winter with a rental car with all seasons on it from the White Horse airport.
Stayed at the Eagle Plains hotel overnight, it was great and no flat tires.
On the way up saw a guy off in the distance rolling a truck tire down the road, so when we got there I asked him what he was doing, he said I'm walking my spare tire. I said have a good day and drove off, but after 20 yards I backed the car up and asked if he need help, he said oh yes.
So drove him back to the highway depot where they fixed his tire and back to his truck, him and his buddy were caribou hunting and his spare was flat.
I asked him how long he's been living in the Yukon, he said moved up in the spring from Langley.:roll:
I said that should teach you a lesson, I'm not sure if he is still up there, but I'm sure he has at least a couple good spares.

XPEIer
06-16-2022, 06:33 AM
We are leaving WL on Aug 19, so should be southbound out of Tuk by labour day and should put us in the fall colours. I run 10ply BF Goodrich TA's and bought a new matched spare, so from what I have seen I should be fine as far as tires.
We are treating the fuel bill as the main cost as we are camping out of our truck, and other expenses should be minimal.

XPEIER

No we didn't, just went 113K up to show my wife the tundra and catch a glimpse of the Tombstone mountains.
I've been as far as the Peel river crossing once, but unfortunately the ice bridge was to close to break up, so we turned around. If I get up there again it'll be in early September for the colors. Not that it isn't beautiful anytime.

Not sure what you're running for tires, but we went up with10 plys on my wife's 4 Runner and never had a worry about getting a flat. I had a couple flats on that road with 6 plys the first time I drove it, so wasn't gonna play that game again. Lol.

To get back to the original thread, the fuel bill was definitely worth it to see that country up there.

twoSevenO
06-16-2022, 08:43 AM

What is the major source of flat tires?
Curious if they are plug-patchable or if they typicall get sliced and ruined for field repair.

Have wanted to go up there for 10+ years. Always something else that cuts the priority queue. House, kid, wedding ...... one year.

Elkaddict
06-16-2022, 09:21 AM
Traffic in the city after rush hour does seem to be a little lighter these days, imo.
If the wife would allow, I’d be moving to either Vernon or if I want to give up my hunting for the most part, Nanaimo region, and go fishing, albeit neat entrance island to cut down costs.
No go however………. Grrrrrrt

Never give up BMI. I thought I was in the same boat but eventually found shangri-la and convinced the wife to "just take a look". We have never looked back.

Bugle M In
06-16-2022, 09:45 AM
Never give up BMI. I thought I was in the same boat but eventually found shangri-la and convinced the wife to "just take a look". We have never looked back.
I appreciate it.
I started late with having a daughter, thus high school etc.
Maybe when she hits university and where she goes?
For me, fuel prices are a concern but my real big problem is probate and dealing with my brother.
I may not be posting up any more hunts!!!!
Then I will be posting up a few golden oldies that I haven’t done as of yet!

But interior like Vernon would be better for me.
I will keep trying.

wildcatter
06-16-2022, 10:14 AM
Curious if they are plug-patchable or if they typicall get sliced and ruined for field repair.

Have wanted to go up there for 10+ years. Always something else that cuts the priority queue. House, kid, wedding ...... one year.

Flat tires are caused by sharp rocks on the road, almost like shale rocks.
However I don't know the current condition, they may have improved and made the road surface better.

Bugle M In
06-16-2022, 10:35 AM
Yup, highway inflated tires will get sliced or punctured much easier off road.
Best to always deflate at the dirt road.
Pump up for drive home.
Usually a sharp rock you couldn’t avoid or shale you have to go thru.

Downtown
06-16-2022, 10:37 AM
Unbelievable that we here in Canada with huge Oil & Gas reserves are suffering from a Energy price explosion. What are our Politicians doing ? Everything is taking a Mayor hit from Transportation to Mom & Pop RV Grounds which so desperately depend on the Summer Season.

Shut down the Highway to Tofino (Trudeaus favored hangout) for a week, a month or all Summer to let those working in the Tourist Industry and are always protesting against anything and everything know how it feels for the average working Guy paying the insane energy prices.

Cheers

adriaticum
06-16-2022, 10:43 AM
Enjoy the "The Green New Deal", "The Great Reset"!
More shit to come.

Ron.C
06-16-2022, 10:44 AM
My partner and I cancelled our Sept fly in trip. Cost of fuel is the reason. Would like to be able to say F'it and spend the money, but that's not going to happen. Have other obligations that need to be met.

Will figure out something more local or possible an elk hunting to my regular area that is still doable

RiverOtter
06-16-2022, 02:27 PM

As has already been stated, the road surface is quite sharp shale. Not big course stuff, but sharp none the less. There were a pair of graders working on it a couple weeks ago and everything we travelled was pretty decent for gravel.
I'd not say the Dempster is any tougher on tires than many logging roads, but it's 600+ km's each way so it takes a toll on rubber.

Another tip, don't go up there with a receiver hitch cargo carrier, unless you bridge the gap between it and your vehicle. It will absolutely sandblast your tail gate or rear hatch as the rocks bounce off your cargo and hit your vehicle. We stashed ours a few km's up from the pavement and grabbed it on the way back.
A couple nights previous we did the Top of the World highway and got about 2 dozen good paint chips for our ignorance.

Downwindtracker2
06-16-2022, 03:17 PM
Fueled up the pig today.Diesel $2.39 9/10 a litre . I hit the $250 button. I didn't go over but I wasn't much under, either.

Downtown
06-16-2022, 03:54 PM
Yesterday on the Fraser Highway I saw one Gas Station advertising Diesel just shy of 2.45 a liter. MFG. I am not a Hater but as I hear Trudeau that Idiot is now the most hated Guy in Canada, I just may join that Crowd.

Cheers

Bugle M In
06-16-2022, 04:34 PM
I can certainly see folks on the LM having to change hunting plans.
Locals, not so much.
Those with fat wallets, well inflation does not affect them as much.
Thosr that try to pinch pennies, well, it’s hurting already.
And high fuel prices do affect political outcomes, and to some degree, intentionally

Downwindtracker2
06-16-2022, 04:35 PM
The history behind our oil world prices dates back to the Free-Trade agreement . In order to get a resolution mechanization on lumber tariffs, we agreed to sell oil at world price. This was before shale oil. That means we can't have a made in Canada price unless we sell it to the Yanks at the same price. With the Free Trade agreement we gave up a fair bit of our sovereignty. Liberals of the time were against the agreement, the Conservatives for it. The Conservatives won the election .

mpotzold
06-16-2022, 05:52 PM
Fueled up the pig today.Diesel $2.39 9/10 a litre . I hit the $250 button. I didn't go over but I wasn't much under, either.

Was at Van superstore today.
Diesel was $2.59 per litre-12cents per litre higher than a few days ago.:cry:

Bugle M In
06-16-2022, 07:17 PM
Being a BCAA member, I get I think 3 cents off per litre at any Shell station.
However, I haven’t tried with Diesel???

Redthies
06-17-2022, 07:54 AM
I hear Trudeau that Idiot is now the most hated Guy in Canada, I just may join that Crowd.

If you, as a thinking person, have NOT joined this crowd by now, you need to re-asses your life. That guy is running our country into the ground at a speed that is mind blowing. I also don’t “identify” as a “hater”, but I sure don’t care for that guys politics! He might be a great guy to have a beer with (he would likely order a Shirley Temple), but we can’t afford to keep him in power.

Redthies
06-17-2022, 07:57 AM
I can certainly see folks on the LM having to change hunting plans.
Locals, not so much.

I’m really digging my new backyard. 30’ from my back deck…

https://i.postimg.cc/kgKtZ9FD/90-D0340-F-ECB8-4-CE3-9061-0-EA030653346.jpg (https://postimg.cc/mPZDzvnG)

Arctic Lake
06-17-2022, 09:17 AM
LOL ! Redthies I wonder how a conversation would go having a beer with THAT GUY ! His head is so far up his rear end my god !
Arctic Lake
If you, as a thinking person, have NOT joined this crowd by now, you need to re-asses your life. That guy is running our country into the ground at a speed that is mind blowing. I also don’t “identify” as a “hater”, but I sure don’t care for that guys politics! He might be a great guy to have a beer with (he would likely order a Shirley Temple), but we can’t afford to keep him in power.

Downwindtracker2
06-17-2022, 09:23 AM
Husky use to do the BCAA at 1 1/2 cent at litre. It would pay a large chunk my BCAA RV . The pig uses diesel . For trip towing the travel trailer, we would budget 20 litres a hundred. It would rarely get that bad, unless I was passing cars going up the Coq, but between 13 1/2 and 18 1/2 would be more normal. I use our local Co-Op now and they have a gas rebate. The Co-Op has a beer store ,too !! with membership rebates as well !!.

Trudeau senior was a whitewater expert and I'm sure his son would be good guy to have in your canoe in whitewater doing the steering.

Avalanche123
06-17-2022, 09:45 AM
Husky use to do the BCAA at 1 1/2 cent at litre. It would pay a large chunk my BCAA RV . The pig uses diesel . For trip towing the travel trailer, we would budget 20 litres a hundred. It would rarely get that bad, unless I was passing cars going up the Coq, but between 13 1/2 and 18 1/2 would be more normal. I use our local Co-Op now and they have a gas rebate. The Co-Op has a beer store ,too !! with membership rebates as well !!.

Trudeau senior was a whitewater expert and I'm sure his son would be good guy to have in your canoe in whitewater doing the steering.

I use Co-Op too for my fuel....

I don't recall Trudeau Senior being as despised as his son (if he is indeed the father)....I recall Margret having an affair with Mick Jagar too....wonder how that would have turned out if MJ was his Dad lol...

J_T
06-17-2022, 09:57 AM
Trudeau may be despised, but I suspect he will be re-elected. I can't believe it, but that would be my hedge.

Downwindtracker2
06-17-2022, 10:38 AM
I use Co-Op too for my fuel....

I don't recall Trudeau Senior being as despised as his son (if he is indeed the father)....I recall Margret having an affair with Mick Jagar too....wonder how that would have turned out if MJ was his Dad lol...

His Dad wasn't merely despised, rather hated. There is a large background of that in just the Trudeau name, certainly in Alberta. His dad though intellectually brilliant, had absolutely no understanding of the west. The political division of the country dates back to Trudeau senior's poor political skills. However, he kept Quebec in it's place.

IronNoggin
06-17-2022, 02:12 PM
Trudeau may be despised, but I suspect he will be re-elected. I can't believe it, but that would be my hedge.

I sincerely doubt that will happen.

J_T
06-17-2022, 02:39 PM
I sincerely doubt that will happen. I hope not. I fear the women (LGBTQ+) that find him attractive and vote on the basis of physical appeal.

adriaticum
06-17-2022, 02:50 PM
I hope not. I fear the women (LGBTQ+) that find him attractive and vote on the basis of physical appeal.

Yeah but what percentage of the population are LGBTQ+ZTTYOBGYN ?

tyreguy
06-17-2022, 03:28 PM
Talk about getting sidetracked on a thread!! Not sure how the alphabet crew relates to gas prices - must be Friday!!!

huntingfamily
06-17-2022, 04:32 PM
Have a read of this additional fuel tax on BC residents...
https://northernbeat.ca/opinion/dirty-fuel-levy-squeezes-farmers-in-border-towns/

Redthies
06-18-2022, 12:21 PM
That fuel tax only effects very few in northeastern BC if you read the article. It sucks if you’re one of them, but it sounds like the price is back to the same as the rest of us pay for our fuel, as opposed to the cheaper/dirtier fuel they have been sourcing outside BC.

Bugle M In
06-18-2022, 10:15 PM
Bad economies can effect outcomes.
All depends how quick the bottom falls out for many financially vs how quick he calls the next election.
Its going to be a rat race as to election call vs a major recession, imo

BimmerBob
06-18-2022, 10:38 PM
Prices in Russia seem not too bad...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHpLLFJtLs8

358mag
06-19-2022, 08:55 AM
2.16.9 a lit = $9.80 per gallon on reg gas
Let that sink in for a moment or 2

REMINGTON JIM
06-19-2022, 09:04 AM
Just PAID :mad: $2.249 a lt or $10.25 a Gallon ! :evil: for Diesel on my Chilcotin trip ! Phucking BRUTAL ! RJ

Downwindtracker2
06-19-2022, 10:42 AM
And you got a deal !! I paid $2.399 and it has gone up since.

I don't even bother with gallons anymore just litres. Rather litres per 100 kilometers .If PG is 800KM away, that mean 8x what the pig uses per hundred. It makes for some shockingly large numbers.

j270wsm
06-19-2022, 11:30 AM
How is it 8x times more? When I calculate my fuel consumption for my truck( 12.3l/100 ) I get $45 more to drive 800km. I calculated the difference using last yrs price of $1.70 and todays price of $2.13.

Bugle M In
06-19-2022, 11:44 AM
So, if diesel now stays higher then gas forever (remember when diesel was less than half of gas), how many of you would consider switching trucks from diesel back to gas?
Granted, not the same power nor mileage.
Just wondering what many are thinking for the future?

srthomas75
06-19-2022, 11:54 AM
So, if diesel now stays higher then gas forever (remember when diesel was less than half of gas), how many of you would consider switching trucks from diesel back to gas?
Granted, not the same power nor mileage.
Just wondering what many are thinking for the future?

when and where was diesel ever half the cost of gas? Since driving a diesel myself for about 20 years it used to be about 10 or 15% less, only in the last 5? or so years would it be the same or more sometimes.

IronNoggin
06-19-2022, 11:56 AM
... Just wondering what many are thinking for the future?

Selling the F 150 this fall.
Replacing with a smaller 4x4 like a 4 Runner or similar...

Nog

Downwindtracker2
06-19-2022, 01:20 PM
How is it 8x times more? When I calculate my fuel consumption for my truck( 12.3l/100 ) I get $45 more to drive 800km. I calculated the difference using last yrs price of $1.70 and todays price of $2.13.

My poor writing skills. 800 KM drive and you get 12.0 per hundred that equates to 8 x 12 = 96 liters. At $2.40 a litre, that 800KM drive is going to cost you $230 one way. And your12.3 is economical compared to a 1ton diesel pulling a trailer or carrying a camper. The Average is around 18.5 .

mike31154
06-19-2022, 01:54 PM
Welp, my 4 cylinder Taco is looking pretty good atm vs a full size truck but even it is getting painful to fill. It has an 80 litre tank so if I run it down to almost empty I'm looking at over $150 for a fill up. I usually drive between 600 to 650 Km on a tank depending on driving conditions, 4x4, city, hwy etc. One way or another they're pushing us to electric or hydrogen powered vehicles. The oil companies gotta get it while the gettin's good I guess. There's going to be quite the gas station infrastructure crash in the not too distant future....

I was keeping track of cost & consumption on a spreadsheet but stopped about a year & a half ago. Price/l was just over a $ back in November 2020 which is my last record. Purchased the truck new November 2013.

Averages over that almost 10 year period.
$/L - $1.35
$/fill up, for the most part ~ 600 Km driven - $84.10
L/100 Km - 11.3 (21 mpg)
$/100 Km - $15.23

twoSevenO
06-19-2022, 02:53 PM
Selling the F 150 this fall.
Replacing with a smaller 4x4 like a 4 Runner or similar...

Nog

What year 4 runner and what year f150?

I think you may be disappointed with the difference in fuel economy. My buddy's Tacomas both the older 4.0 and newer 3.5 don't get any noticeable improvement over my 2011 F150. I don't expect a 4runner to be much better.

IronNoggin
06-19-2022, 03:10 PM
What year 4 runner and what year f150?

I'd have to ask my bowhunting partner on the 4 Runner year.
His gets double my 1998 F 150.
Even better than that in 4 wheel drive.

Cheers

Redthies
06-19-2022, 03:49 PM
I’ve always run diesels, and recently bought a gasser (‘08 Chev 2500HD with 6.0). It’s a comfy and capable truck, but the whole 10-11 mpg thing is hard to take. Mind you my 3500 diesel might be able to squeeze 13.5 on the same route with the same load, so after you factor the difference in fuel, it’s a lot closer cost wise. I only buy fuel in the USA and have been paying $1.80 per litre CDN. It’s $5.10 USD per gallon down there now. It’s still not cheap, but it’s way better than up here!

twoSevenO
06-19-2022, 06:37 PM

Cheers

Ah yes, 1998 f150, now it makes sense haha

Bugle M In
06-19-2022, 07:15 PM
I remember when my 78 T/A 400 4speed 6.6l only cost 8.50$ to fill up!!!
Mind you a pack of top smokes was a 1.75$, under 20$ a carton.
A hunt trip was 15$x3.
1 tank up, 1 tank around and 1 tank down for an entire weekend split amongst 3 guys.

REMINGTON JIM
06-19-2022, 08:10 PM

Cheers

Yea WELL a 98 f150 with a 4.6 or 5.4 are NO gas mileage WINNERS either ! RJ

Dour
06-19-2022, 08:22 PM
I’ll be going realistically it’s only an extra 40$ to fill my jeep. And I get 500 ish km to a tank. On the highway. Soooo 170$ to fill my 80L tank. And after all the shit I changed. I’m getting 14L/100 on the highway if I keep at 100 :evil:. Sooo it will take a little longer. As long as no hills that is hahaha the old 4L. Its thirsty on hills with the 33”s :icon_frow. 97 grand. 6” lift. 33”. Lots of mods. It’s horrible to drive :roll::grin::grin:

rageous
06-19-2022, 08:23 PM
Find another person to squeeze into your vehicle for a hunting trip if cost aren’t feasible.

Dont put off an opportunity to make shit happen.

wildcatter
06-19-2022, 09:46 PM

Cheers

I have a friend with an old 4 Runner past 440K and still running good.
My beat up pickup with the same engine 410K and no problem.
So if you find one that was well maintained it would worth buying.

twoSevenO
06-19-2022, 10:15 PM
Find another person to squeeze into your vehicle for a hunting trip if cost aren’t feasible.

Dont put off an opportunity to make shit happen.

Tried this last time and the one guy wouldn't keep the blindfold on. Kept peeking under it. Another kept bitching he couldn't breathe through the game bag. Too much hassle.

browningboy
06-20-2022, 06:32 AM
Too bad they didn’t sell Suzuki Jimni’s here, would be very popular.

Redthies
06-20-2022, 06:33 AM
Tried this last time and the one guy wouldn't keep the blindfold on. Kept peeking under it. Another kept bitching he couldn't breathe through the game bag. Too much hassle.

Try chloroform. Sometimes they struggle a bit, but it’s usually over and lights out pretty quickly.

Redthies
06-20-2022, 06:34 AM

Try finding a reasonable price on a Samurai now!

mpotzold
07-13-2022, 07:11 PM

SURPRISE, SURPRISE!:shock:

Today -same place, same station-diesel was 40 cents per litre cheaper!

WHAT GIVES??
Also a lot fewer masks seen including store employees!

Bustercluck
07-13-2022, 07:33 PM
I don’t know who Janet yellen is but she sure sounds like she went to the same school as chrystia freeland. Trying to set the price of Russian oil so we can buy it cheaper. I don’t know if they’ll have much luck forcing communism on a superpower like Russia, but it’s a good thought. If sanctions drove the price of oil up, maybe removing them would have the opposite effect, but what do I know.

https://www.rt.com/business/558918-russia-oil-price-cap-us/

The US is planning to limit the price paid for Russian oil but at a level that would still be profitable enough for production to be continued, Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen said in an interview with the Wall Street Journal published on Wednesday.
“We have heard some concern about the possibility that Russia would simply stop producing. I would say that it doesn’t really make a lot of sense as a Russian response… We would expect to set the price cap at a level that would clearly be profitable for Russia to continue to produce,” Yellen was quoted as saying.
According to the official, the price-cap mechanism would require that any tanker carrying Russian oil only receive financing and insurance from US, UK and European Union institutions if the sales price of the oil is below the cap. According to Yellen, many countries would have no choice but to accept the price cap, given that a number of the globe’s major maritime insurance companies are based in either the EU or UK.
“It makes it easier if at least they put a price cap in place… But even if they don’t, this sanction will apply to Western banks and insurance companies that they’re going to be dealing with, and so they’re going to be affected by it. But it doesn't hurt them. It helps them,” Yellen stated.

wildcatter
07-13-2022, 07:58 PM

I would love to have a Jimny, they look like awesome vehicles.
The "easiest" way is to import a used one from Japan, mind you it has to be 15 years old at least.
Here are a bunch of good images: https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&q=suzuki+jimny&iax=images&ia=images

I have a Mitsubishi Pajero that I imported about 12 years ago, but it's not that great on fuel.
Otherwise a very good 4 wheeler.

338edgehunter
07-14-2022, 08:26 PM
I'm in fsj so everything is within range lol

Rampager
07-25-2022, 02:50 PM
Try finding a reasonable price on a Samurai now!

A friend was just offered $20k in a parking lot for his great condition '90! Crazy! (he said no).

I do have to say, my carbureted '89 get's horrendous gas mileage for a 67hp 1.3 engine. But of course much better than my diesel truck!

Bugle M In
07-25-2022, 02:55 PM
In point Roberts the diesel is cheaper than regular!!

Thing is!, if oil prices start to come down (and I am not complaining), it might mean the kickoff to a recession when you consider the markets and what the earnings are potentially this week.
Historically Anyways.

browningboy
07-26-2022, 07:08 AM
A friend was just offered $20k in a parking lot for his great condition '90! Crazy! (he said no).

I do have to say, my carbureted '89 get's horrendous gas mileage for a 67hp 1.3 engine. But of course much better than my diesel truck!

i have a 2000 tracker that is done right up as far as you can, just never drive it as it’s just made for the bush

BimmerBob
08-29-2022, 02:47 PM
For those electric car aficionados' this may be something to consider as electric energy costs hit records in Europe where costs in France are hitting the $1300/mWhr making filling up your empty battery at about $130, in Estonia it is around $5000/mWhr making it $500 for a refill.

Going green just may be going to cost a lot more green than the green new deal lets on...

Arctic Lake
08-29-2022, 02:59 PM
Regular $ 1.89 per litre Chevron Maple Ridge . Robbery !
Arctic Lake

FlyingHigh
08-29-2022, 04:10 PM
$1.43 at Costco in Grande Prairie. UFA dipped to $1.32 + GST late last week for a few days.

grantk
08-29-2022, 04:46 PM
For those electric car aficionados' this may be something to consider as electric energy costs hit records in Europe where costs in France are hitting the $1300/mWhr making filling up your empty battery at about $130, in Estonia it is around $5000/mWhr making it $500 for a refill.

Going green just may be going to cost a lot more green than the green new deal lets on...

If anything this should encourage people to switch to an energy source that is 100% made in BC or Canada. What is worth considering is that while fuel prices in Canada reached records well above $2/L this year, the price of electricity has remained dead-flat. It is probably encouraging for electric car aficionados to know that it takes war-sanction pricing of energy supplied by your enemy to make the cost of a charge equivalent to filling up with gas at the pump.

BimmerBob
08-29-2022, 05:10 PM
If anything this should encourage people to switch to an energy source that is 100% made in BC or Canada. What is worth considering is that while fuel prices in Canada reached records well above $2/L this year, the price of electricity has remained dead-flat. It is probably encouraging for electric car aficionados to know that it takes war-sanction pricing of energy supplied by your enemy to make the cost of a charge equivalent to filling up with gas at the pump.

As a utility BC Hydro is regulated as far as cost of service goes but do not doubt for a minute that the government oversight will notice the difference in costs for oil/gas and will try to extract additional gravy from their provincial cash cow at BC Hydro. I think the best way to approach may be to install solar on residential properties to freeze your household costs of energy and hopefully get enough on there to fuel your auto's too.

At my stage in life it will most likely never pay back for me but if I get bored in the next couple of years I might just install a net metering system to remove the globalist masters inflationary effects on me.

Be well.../B

mpotzold
08-29-2022, 05:38 PM
SURPRISE, SURPRISE!:shock:

Today -same place, same station-diesel was 40 cents per litre cheaper!

WHAT GIVES??
Also a lot fewer masks seen including store employees!

Today-same place!
Diesel 221.9 c-Regular 189.9 c

Redthies
08-29-2022, 07:07 PM
I paid $1.11 US the other day, but I’m one of the minority here that actually travels, so I’m able to cross freely in and out of the US. With today’s exchange that’s $1.42 CDN. I’m not overjoyed, but it beats the hell out of $1.89…

mpotzold
09-19-2022, 04:19 PM

Was there just after lunch today.
Diesel was $1.979 & reg. $1.939 per litre.

Side note:-Seems like people are coming to their senses. :pLess than 50% wore masks.

Bustercluck
09-19-2022, 05:07 PM

Side note:-Seems like people are coming to their senses. :pLess than 50% wore masks.
People are still wearing masks? Crazy. I maybe see one mask per week.

finngun
09-19-2022, 05:34 PM
Salmon arm,bc 151 per litr..no bad

IronNoggin
09-22-2022, 02:44 PM
Here's how high Metro Vancouver gas prices are predicted to get before the weekend

Gas prices are rising in Metro Vancouver and drivers may see another hike at local pumps before the weekend.

On Thursday, average prices reached 208.9 cents per litre, up five cents from the day before. But the increases are expected to continue, according to price-prediction site Gas Wizard (https://gaswizard.ca/price-history/), and could get up to 218.9 Friday.

According to a heat map from GasBuddy.com (https://www.gasbuddy.com/gaspricemap?country=can&lat=48.35287114255559&lng=-121.16400816954388&z=7), the Greater Vancouver region has the highest prices in the country as of Thursday.

In Toronto, average prices were 148.9 Thursday and in Calgary they were 12 cents lower, according to Gas Wizard.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/here-s-how-high-metro-vancouver-gas-prices-are-predicted-to-get-before-the-weekend-1.6079369

wideopenthrottle
09-22-2022, 03:10 PM
why wouldnt you wear a mask...unless you like facial recognition technology tracking you

tyreguy
09-24-2022, 11:16 PM
$3.99/gal in Bellingham today, with exchange about $1.45/L CDN
Apparently no issues with refinery maintenance or shutdowns there…….wheee the refineries are!!!

We are overpriced here in BC to make up the difference from the electric cars who pay no road tax.

browningboy
09-25-2022, 06:44 AM
Keep hearing fuel is to go up in the next week? Hope it doesn’t

digger dogger
09-25-2022, 07:31 AM
I bought diesel at Lickman Rd husky Chwk yesterday.
1.94L.
My ass still hurts from being f***ked at the pump.
Poilievre can’t take over soon enough.

Redthies
09-25-2022, 08:05 AM
Fuel light is on in the Tundra. I’m heading to the booming metropolis of Laurier Wa (population 1) to fuel up. I’ll report back later on cost. The local Grand Forks stations are at $1.79 for regular.

Redthies
09-25-2022, 08:26 AM
why wouldnt you wear a mask...unless you like facial recognition technology tracking you

They’re tracking you by your smartphone. No need to wear the mask anymore:D

IronNoggin
09-25-2022, 10:34 AM
Vancouver gas prices are predicted to come close to their all-time high on Sunday

The price of a litre of regular gasoline in Metro Vancouver is expected to rise again on Sunday by as much as 13 cents, a total that would bring the region close to its all-time high.

According to price-prediction site Gas Wizard (https://gaswizard.ca/gas-price-predictions/), stations in the region will be charging prices as high as 233.9 cents per litre on Sunday, up from 220.9 on Saturday.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/vancouver-gas-prices-are-predicted-to-come-close-to-their-all-time-high-on-sunday-1.6083220

OUCH!!

Mulehahn
09-25-2022, 11:32 AM
I still have yet to find an article as to why the GVRD is going up. Almost every article says that the rest of Canada and BC is not expected to rise; or if they do certainly not 40+ Cents in 5 days. Gas across the line is holding its price. How can a gobal commodity like oil rise in such a specific area like Vancouver but not anywhere else?

KBC
09-25-2022, 12:06 PM
$2.339 when I drove through Maple a ridge and into Poco today. A week ago I paid what worked out to be $1.285 a litre in Sumas Wa.

tyreguy
09-25-2022, 12:34 PM
My opinion on this is they have really pushed the EV program giving incentives and free charging etc which contributes nothing into road tax and transit tax, in fact it reduces what they have coming in.
Therefore, the taxes are increased to (a) maintain revenue (b) increase EV incentive (c) decrease ICE use.
remember propane, get you switched over then up the price………EV users need to apply a thick layer of KY because it’s coming. ICBC is going to want your mileage on renewals, EV will pay a premium based on mileage on the road. They will continue with the sky is falling with global warming and keep petrol prices up. As a protest, I gassed up in the USA and it was $.60 per litre cheaper yesterday and I bought 206L which keeps $132 in my jeans until they get the message.
I still have yet to find an article as to why the GVRD is going up. Almost every article says that the rest of Canada and BC is not expected to rise; or if they do certainly not 40+ Cents in 5 days. Gas across the line is holding its price. How can a gobal commodity like oil rise in such a specific area like Vancouver but not anywhere else?

SSG-man
09-25-2022, 06:11 PM
Crazy prices.

Chek6 news has a poll now asking if "you'd consider giving up your gas vehicle?"

Over 77% say no so far.

https://www.cheknews.ca/

Bugle M In
09-25-2022, 10:02 PM
Went to fish on the island and overnight it went up 17 cents.
Walt til the reserve oil the US put onto market stops come October 31st, and right after the elections down for mid terms.
Wait to see we’re the prices head then!
Not the way to help bring down inflation.
Si more interest rate hikes coming, imo.
Then ask folks.
Bug what are people supposed to do??
There ain’t enough EV out there to buy and the costs to build batteries are sky rocketing in regards to the materials to build them and definitely not enough supply of those materials.
Government and their stupid policies at work again and we will pay a big price for it.
No refineries coming online either.
So good luck everyone.
Probably why the very rich have pulled out most of their money from the stock markets in the past 9 months.
They know the jig is up.
Pain on all fronts coming.

Stone Sheep Steve
09-26-2022, 05:10 AM
$1.26-1.32/L thru the 3 states that we have travelled in so far

digger dogger
09-26-2022, 05:29 AM
Haha envious of your move, Sun Shine Steve! :-)
Looking forward to hearing about ur adventures in the sand.

IronNoggin
09-26-2022, 12:43 PM
Metro Vancouver gas prices hit record high $2.339 per litre

Price nearly a dollar per litre more expensive than Calgary, Toronto

https://www.mapleridgenews.com/news/metro-vancouver-gas-prices-hit-record-high-2-339-per-litre/

TheObserver
09-26-2022, 03:44 PM
Crazy prices.

Chek6 news has a poll now asking if "you'd consider giving up your gas vehicle?"

Over 77% say no so far.

https://www.cheknews.ca/

Hahahah good! That's what the scumhounds want, f**k them and their eLeCtRiC vEhIcLeS

ab3
09-28-2022, 08:07 AM
Up in 70 mile today. Drove up from LML where gas was 2.28!! In 70 mile, a full 5 hrs drive from the city, gas was 1.79. I know there's a few extra taxes in the city but that's a 50 cents difference per liter.
Madness!!

Bugle M In
09-28-2022, 08:50 AM
Yup, went up 17 cents a few days back over night, and had we known, the boat would have been fueled the night before.
Soonds like there is more hikes coming, and then wait, come Oct 31, when the US reserve oil stops being released!
Its going to get crazy even more.

It must be having an impact for many of us.
Spoke to a guy on the island returning from Watson lake towing a trailer with his gm diesel.
Trip cost him just under 2,400$ on fuel alone.

Rhe consumption of fuel for a few days fishing on the island was way up in costs.
Almost not worth it, if you don’t have money to burn.

Arctic Lake
09-28-2022, 08:50 AM
If I’m not mistaken here in the LowerMainland .75 cents is tax . I’m sure glad I’m not working full time miles from home
I may have posted this before but what the Hydrogen Highway that was supposed to be the saviour for all of this ?
Arctic Lake

SSG-man
09-28-2022, 09:24 AM
If I’m not mistaken here in the LowerMainland .75 cents is tax . I’m sure glad I’m not working full time miles from home
I may have posted this before but what the Hydrogen Highway that was supposed to be the saviour for all of this ?
Arctic Lake

It's been decided. Electric is the new green.....green money that is.
When the shift has revealed the new dirty problems we'll have to address them in priority.

Bugle M In
09-28-2022, 12:17 PM
It's been decided. Electric is the new green.....green money that is.
When the shift has revealed the new dirty problems we'll have to address them in priority.
Yup, I agree with that.
I know California has some hydrogen fuelling stations now, and companies like Honda do have a car on the market (think I even seen one here in Vancouver, a Honda)
But agree, seems like pockets are being lined if we are convinced EV is the only choice.

westcoaster
09-28-2022, 05:59 PM
I thought this was an excellent explanation of why gas engines aren't going anywhere....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hatav_Rdnno

Edit:
Let's go hunting with a Lightning!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nS0Fdayj8Y&t=613s (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hatav_Rdnno)

wideopenthrottle
09-28-2022, 06:17 PM
just put in half a tank (first time ever to not fill up completely with my 2 year old truck)...2.36 iirc...in burnaby

Stone Sheep Steve
09-28-2022, 07:14 PM
We are now in Roswell NM.
Fuel here is $3.43us/us gal. That’s roughly $1.18 can per litre.
I’m tired so that may not be an accurate calculation

SSS

scoutlt1
09-28-2022, 07:45 PM
https://www.nrcan.gc.ca/our-natural-resources/domestic-and-international-markets/transportation-fuel-prices/fuel-consumption-taxes-canada/18885

mpotzold
09-28-2022, 11:45 PM

Bought some diesel tonight-same place- for $2.079 & the reg. was $2.299 per litre.
Just a few days ago diesel was $2.039 & reg. was $2.043 per litre.
Only about 1/4 of the people wore masks!

walks with deer
09-29-2022, 03:00 AM

But the SoGi team knows Lgbget****edZMan# have a hirer percentage.

TheObserver
09-29-2022, 07:31 AM
But the SoGi team knows Lgbget****edZMan# have a hirer percentage.

I refer to them as the alphabet people

There is also lgbtqp that they are trying to normalize/push. I'm guessing you can figure out what the p stands for..... lOvE is LoVe is love..... sick f*****s

digger dogger
09-29-2022, 07:59 AM
I put premium gas in my car yesterday at Lickman Husky.
2.44L
Stings still!!!

TheObserver
09-29-2022, 08:05 AM
I always go to silverdale, it's always cheaper. Day before yesterday was 2.05L. Still absolutely ridiculous but cheaper than in town or anywhere else I find

Arctic Lake
09-29-2022, 08:22 AM
I try to do that as well . Depends how tired I feel .
Arctic Lake
I always go to silverdale, it's always cheaper. Day before yesterday was 2.05L. Still absolutely ridiculous but cheaper than in town or anywhere else I find

Bugle M In
09-29-2022, 08:46 AM
Used to be Sunday late nights were the cheapest at the pumps.
Not sure how much that holds true these days??

digger dogger
09-29-2022, 09:25 AM
So regular gas in Chilliwack yesterday was 2.24 per L
I just got off the phone with a buddy in Ontario, at a truck stop gas station.
1.56 reg and 1.76 premium. Gasoline.

TheObserver
09-29-2022, 09:32 AM
So regular gas in Chilliwack yesterday was 2.24 per L
I just got off the phone with a buddy in Ontario, at a truck stop gas station.
1.56 reg and 1.76 premium. Gasoline.

Yeah the lower wasteland and some more of BC sucks man, can't wait to get out of here. Getting one more different Trade ticket and i'm gone. The only thing i'll miss is my Mom and hunting Blacktails lol

digger dogger
09-29-2022, 09:41 AM
I heard a lot of advertising on 101 and cfox yesterday, promoting Alberta.
I have a niece moving to Calgary and one of my sons friends are headed there on the 1st.
No property transfer taxes apparently, cheaper fuel.
I could used to 6mos of Alberta and 6mos of Costa Rica or Mexico.

mike31154
09-29-2022, 10:06 AM
Just heard on the news this morning fuel prices hit a North American record in greater Van. $2.40 something a litre??!! Could go even higher. Reason quoted is insufficient production from refinery in the US that supplies the area.

TheObserver
09-29-2022, 10:18 AM
I have a niece moving to Calgary and one of my sons friends are headed there on the 1st.

Cheaper vehicle insurance, way cheaper housing (for now).

There is a lot more normal people out there too (for now).

I was thinking of going to the BC rockies or up North. But the smartest move all around for life in general for me would be Alberta for sure. But I do like BC, just not the lower wasteland.

TheObserver
09-29-2022, 10:19 AM
Reason quoted is insufficient production from refinery in the US that supplies the area.

Lol I wonder how many still actually believe their BS

Stone Sheep Steve
09-29-2022, 05:59 PM
Arrived in Laredo Texas just now at the Mexican border.
Cheapest gas we saw today was $2.93 us per us gallon.
That’s about $1 Canadian per litre.
Welcome to Canadian politics

Gas will even be cheaper when we head south across the Mexican border.

SSS

Edzzed
09-29-2022, 09:10 PM
Filled up yesterday. Been trying to keep my tank full. Considering what Vancouver is paying. Guess we got it good here. https://i.imgur.com/ArNix9l.jpeg

browningboy
09-29-2022, 09:51 PM
What’s funny is the Trudeau government announced 300% hike in carbon tax, going to get way worse… read the link part way down

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/lilley-trudeau-is-about-to-raise-taxes-three-times-but-hopes-you-wont-notice

Bustercluck
09-30-2022, 05:57 AM
Taxes in Alberta are a fraction of what you pay in bc. Bc has been adding hidden taxes on everything for a long time. You don’t realize how much extra you pay in bc u til you move to Alberta.

They have a saying in Alberta about going to bc, “Bring Cash”.

Bugle M In
09-30-2022, 10:02 AM
BC standing for Bring Cash…..
so true!!!
never heard that and don’t know why I didn’t think of that!!!???

Sitkaspruce
09-30-2022, 07:03 PM
Last week, Hinton gas price was $1.50 and Revelstoke was $1.75

Today, Revelstoke is $2 and Hinton is $1.75.

So they both went up $.25. Why?

Crazy since oil is below $80.....

Cheers

SS

mike31154
09-30-2022, 07:29 PM
BC standing for Bring Cash…..
so true!!!
never heard that and don’t know why I didn’t think of that!!!???

I heard that in 2004 when I moved here.

Bugle M In
09-30-2022, 11:45 PM
I miss the days when a buddy called you up and said let’s go up hunting!
The only issue was if I had other obligations, not the 20 or 30$ bucks for 1 or 1.5 tanks of fuel for my share of the costs!!!!
the good old days!
Now, think hunting or fishing and instantly one starts thinking how many can I get to commit into the same boat or truck first and foremost!!!!!

IronNoggin
10-01-2022, 10:28 AM
Vancouver has the most expensive gas in North America

The Metro Vancouver area has the highest (https://vancouver.citynews.ca/2022/09/30/metro-vancouver-gas-pump-prices/)price of gas in all of North America as of Friday.

On average, British Columbians in the region are paying $2.42 per litre at some stations. This comes after an abrupt 40 cent hike to the cost for fuel.

In comparison, the national average is just $1.61 per litre.

“I don’t know that I’ve ever seen a wider gamut of price behaviours coast-to-coast in my career,” said GasBuddy head petroleum analysts Patrick DeHaan.

https://tnc.news/2022/09/30/vancouver-gas/

tigrr
10-01-2022, 10:33 AM
Jumped 20 cents a liter in a lot of places around here. Libtards/NDPricks running the asylum again.
BC doesn't give any of the carbon tax money back like most of the provinces. And some areas have the highest vehicle insurance in Canada. $700 insurance for an F350 in AB and moved to BC and it Jumped to $2500.
Looking at real estate in AB again.
Reg Gas $1.29 in Sherwood park AB, $1.87 in Williams Lake BC

Bugle M In
10-01-2022, 11:42 AM
Wonder how stats will be like when looking at those coming in to be BC vs leaving BC and more interstingly, Alberta influx vs outgoing???
Dadly, again another move my wife does not want to make!
She better hope I don’t meet a blonde country woman from Alberta��

IronNoggin
10-05-2022, 12:30 PM
OPEC+ to cut oil production by 2 million barrels a day next monthThe OPEC+ alliance of oil-exporting countries on Wednesday decided to sharply cut production to support sagging oil prices, a move that could deal the struggling global economy another blow and raise politically sensitive pump prices for U.S. drivers just ahead of key national elections.

In a statement, OPEC+ said the decision was based on the "uncertainty that surrounds the global economic and oil market outlooks."

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.6606887

Linksman313
10-05-2022, 12:37 PM
Jumped 20 cents a liter in a lot of places around here. Libtards/NDPricks running the asylum again.
BC doesn't give any of the carbon tax money back like most of the provinces. And some areas have the highest vehicle insurance in Canada. $700 insurance for an F350 in AB and moved to BC and it Jumped to $2500.
Looking at real estate in AB again.
Reg Gas $1.29 in Sherwood park AB, $1.87 in Williams Lake BC

Horsefly to Sherwood Park would be a hell of a life change for ya

prices jumped $0.25 in one day at all pumps in Grand Forks for the "Holiday" last Friday
dropped Monday morning $0.15

adriaticum
10-05-2022, 12:38 PM
OPEC + announced today they will be reducing oil production by 2M barrels a day.
THis may have something to do with gas prices.
Or government just needs more money.

XPEIer
10-06-2022, 05:47 AM
I also find it odd that the Federal NDP tabled a motion to investigate large grocery store chains for taking advantage of food prices and inflating costs. Why the Royal F&% are they not launching an investigation into why the gas markets are so volatile... because they dont get the taxes from food like they do gasoline. Why are governments still subsidizing big oil, then turn around and have us pay more taxes on gas so they have money to keep subsidizing,,,, stop the cycle. How about increasing the royalties oil companies need to pay to get Canadian oil products out of the ground.

over simplistic I know.

Oh ya, our gas went up 0.40 cents in 10 days,,, but yet they tell you they order their fuel 6 months in advance.

Xpeier

adriaticum
10-06-2022, 06:37 AM
How about firing half of the public service bureaucrats?
The only problem the west has these days is too much money in the public sector.

browningboy
10-06-2022, 06:50 AM
Think gas is high now, wait until next April 1st..:(

Redthies
10-06-2022, 07:18 AM
prices jumped $0.25 in one day at all pumps in Grand Forks for the "Holiday" last Friday
dropped Monday morning $0.15

I drive across to the USeh in Laurier for my fuel. Ridiculous this side of the border.

Linksman313
10-06-2022, 08:49 AM
I drive across to the USeh in Laurier for my fuel. Ridiculous this side of the border.

True Patriot lol
I did the same until fuel pump #3 shit itself at Union Mine

have you noted who owns ALL of pumps in our area now?

monopolies expanding to Trail, Montrose and Beaver Valley i see.

Bugle M In
10-06-2022, 09:05 AM
The prices ar “Insane”.
I didn’t go elk hunting this year, the first time in 39 years straight!
(yes, I am absolutely gutted about that), due to personal matters.
I should have been gone this last week.
Seeing what the fuel prices were during the week made it a bit easier to swallow!!!
Theres no way I could have afforded the trip right now seeing his they jumped up that week.

And you know what folks, u less our province starts cutting some of the taxes on the fuel……..
Its going to get even worse!!
Opec is cutting production.
US will soon stop releasing their Reserves at the end of the month and they also have to buy it back at some point to replenish those reserves.
Russia and winter is coming.

Mire high fuel prices records to still be broken in months to come, imo.

Spy
10-06-2022, 10:00 AM
Just filled up in PG $179 per L

adriaticum
10-06-2022, 11:17 AM
Western love affair with Saudi Arabia might be coming to an end.
This can't be good and Canadian oil industry is in shambles.

beadblaster
10-06-2022, 01:05 PM
Opec is now cutting oil production by 2 million barrels pervday after biden tried to get them to increase production. You think fuel prices were high before.

Bugle M In
10-06-2022, 02:42 PM
Opec is now cutting oil production by 2 million barrels pervday after biden tried to get them to increase production. You think fuel prices were high before.

Western love affair with Saudi Arabia might be coming to an end.
This can't be good and Canadian oil industry is in shambles.

Yup, seems like the Saudis did not like seeing the oil being discounted!
Thus lower production to bring it to a price per barrel they like.
And yes, not what Biden wants or needs right now.
And I have no idea why the Saudis want to inflict that kind of pain on the US right now, and they “know” that’s what they are doing but why?????????
Did not think they hated the US?
Maybe want Biden out?
I have no idea?

And yup, fuel prices will go up here.
Any wagers or guesses what it will be soon?
2.50, 2.75 or 3$:shock: per litre?
I do know we are not done!
There goes Novembers hunt then!

adriaticum
10-06-2022, 04:03 PM
And I have no idea why the Saudis want to inflict that kind of pain on the US right now, and they “know” that’s what they are doing but why?????????
Maybe want Biden out?
I have no idea?

Any guess scares me so I won't even try.

whognu
10-06-2022, 04:12 PM
the world is awash with fossil fuels

this is a simple production (supply) problem caused by those who said "wind, solar, hydrogen" is the only answer

no logic, no thought that it would be a 10 + year transition

so the energy companies said fine, we all have 30 years or known reserves yet because of the 'climate' of 'no fossil fuels' we aren't going to waste our money looking for more; we'll just sell what we already have

and because we are not looking and spending, we will pay out 50 - 75% of our free cashflow to our shareholders

this is amounting to 12 - 20% annual returns to shareholders

did you know that your average Canadian energy company could buy all their shares and go private in 2 -4 years!

this is like you buy a condo and the net income pays off the condo in 2 - 4 years - that's how cheap they were

f'me - germany shuts down all its nuke plants.....now gets energy from france.........pray tell how? oh yeah, their nuclear grid.....too stupid for words

uk burning canadian wood chips to make electricity

this woke shite is really paying off.............

the energy ignorance globally is mind numbing

make no mistake, we all want a better environment for our kids and grandkids, BUT IT'S NOT A G'DAMNED SWITCH, it's a transition

drill baby drill; build those pipelines; ship all our nat gas to china so they can stop burning coal

and go full steam ahead inventing, creating and building new technology to replace FF's --- FOR AS LONG AS IT TAKES

then shut them all down (no, i do not believe that we will ever be off FF's)

good luck to us all.................

ps. luckily the current pm cannot possibly screw up our country long term, and once he is gone, canada will realize its place as a commodity powerhouse with a license to print money

tyreguy
10-06-2022, 04:41 PM
KEYSTONE XL - how do you like it now Dems!!!! Just like the shortsighted nitwits who were against Site C but want electrification. Bunch of dumb Greta’s.
Suck it Joe!!!

Maybe want Biden out?
I have no idea?

Bugle M In
10-06-2022, 05:40 PM
Hmmmm…..
Is there keystone shares to buy??
Might there be a reversal in the works, if not by Biden but potentially if the republicans get in???
Could be some opportunity coming????

IronNoggin
10-07-2022, 11:03 AM
Alberta First Nations acquire $1.12 billion stake in seven pipelineshttps://tnc.news/2022/10/06/seven-pipelines/

Group of First Nations and Métis communities acquires minority stake in 7 Enbridge pipelineshttps://tnc.news/2022/10/06/seven-pipelines/

notahypocrite
10-07-2022, 11:07 AM
lol fall maintenance but usually drivers arent driving as much as they do in the summer. prices will go down mid- late october. down to 180 which is still insane.

Bugle M In
10-07-2022, 01:56 PM
Yup, people do travel less, thus consume less in vehicles, but we have way more people and way more vehicles world wide.
And some still heat with oil in those parts of the world.
War also consumes a lot of oil.
We have Russia/Ukraine right now.
What if very shortly China goes into Taiwan and sucks US into that???
Then it won’t even be high prices, it would be rationing.
Just the other side of the coin, maybe.
But oil I think is going over 100$ a barrel real soon and who knows where it stops then?

mpotzold
10-10-2022, 10:55 PM
Bought some diesel tonight-same place- for $2.079 & the reg. was $2.299 per litre.
Just a few days ago diesel was $2.039 & reg. was $2.043 per litre.
Only about 1/4 of the people wore masks!

This afternoon-same place!
diesel $2.369 -reg. $2.279 per litre

Redthies
10-11-2022, 08:26 AM
$1.94 for regular here in dogs country. Across the line it’s $1.55 CDN per liter.

high horse Hal
10-11-2022, 09:07 AM
Good rant and I couldn't agree more

re BC wood fiber, https://www.cbc.ca/news/fifthestate/the-big-burn-1.6603564
nothing dumber, but owned by foreign interests, like other rape and pillage commerce

the world is awash with fossil fuels
this is a simple production (supply) problem caused by those who said "wind, solar, hydrogen" is the only answer
no logic, no thought that it would be a 10 + year transition
so the energy companies said fine, we all have 30 years or known reserves yet because of the 'climate' of 'no fossil fuels' we aren't going to waste our money looking for more; we'll just sell what we already have
and because we are not looking and spending, we will pay out 50 - 75% of our free cashflow to our shareholders

this is amounting to 12 - 20% annual returns to shareholders

did you know that your average Canadian energy company could buy all their shares and go private in 2 -4 years!
this is like you buy a condo and the net income pays off the condo in 2 - 4 years - that's how cheap they were

f'me - germany shuts down all its nuke plants.....now gets energy from france.........pray tell how? oh yeah, their nuclear grid.....too stupid for words

uk burning canadian wood chips to make electricity

this woke shite is really paying off............
the energy ignorance globally is mind numbing
make no mistake, we all want a better environment for our kids and grandkids, BUT IT'S NOT A G'DAMNED SWITCH, it's a transition
drill baby drill; build those pipelines; ship all our nat gas to china so they can stop burning coal
and go full steam ahead inventing, creating and building new technology to replace FF's --- FOR AS LONG AS IT TAKES
then shut them all down (no, i do not believe that we will ever be off FF's)
good luck to us all.................
ps. luckily the current pm cannot possibly screw up our country long term, and once he is gone, canada will realize its place as a commodity powerhouse with a license to print money

Bugle M In
10-11-2022, 09:52 AM
It was 2.40 I thought the other day here in Tsawwassen?
I think the average USA price is 3.83 a gallon with Cali well over 6 something!
Lets be honest, Cali is a nuthouse with policies, but honestly, here in BC, especially greater Vancouver area, we’re not much different then Cali.

adriaticum
10-11-2022, 10:02 AM
Fuel prices are going to bite.
This is all planned.
Part of the Green New Deal/Great Reset.

Bugle M In
10-11-2022, 10:12 AM
Well, sounds like the US might have to release more reserves, but that’s a big no no.
And now places like Cali are handing out fuel cheques to people who have stayed they will use that money to buy their fuel.
So, how is that going to help bring down fuel prices!!!???
not!

high horse Hal
10-11-2022, 10:45 AM
Driving south for fuel?
What are the actual experiences at the border? covid restrictions?
limited volume?

KBC
10-11-2022, 12:39 PM
I go down every couple weeks to fill up my truck. I haven’t been down since just before the rules were relaxed on October first but I never had issues going there or back. A couple times the US border asked if I was vaccinated but most of the time not. I always fill my truck and two 20L gas cans and have never had an issue.

Bugle M In
10-11-2022, 12:46 PM
Don’t need to fill out ArriveCAN.
It’s cheaper but even over there you can see it’s pricey.
I do take a 20l jerrr can along, but not more like some folks which I believe is actually illegal and unsafe.
not even sure if the 20l is legal but I do cargo strap it down in the box.

Bugle M In
10-11-2022, 12:50 PM
So, 2.25 basically out here today.
1gallon is what? 4litres+.
So, just for generalization facts,
a gallon of gas is 10.00$!!!
And they hand out rebate cheques right now in Cali because a gallon is over 6$!!!
And we have terrible traffic congestion as well, with a lot of vehicle idling and barely moving for Goid chunks of the drive!
Tell me this isn’t going to hurt very shortly.
Between food rising and this gas issue, credit cards must be going up and down at a crazy rate right now!
Which by the way, aren’t those rates going up as well???!!!

Bugle M In
10-11-2022, 12:51 PM
Glad my new hedger and edger add battery powered right now in this big chunk of property!

Bubbacanuck
10-11-2022, 01:13 PM
I work in south surrey, so I drive across the border every few weeks to Blaine to fill my truck and 5 x 20L jerry cans. The other day it was $2.40 CAD/L here and driving down there (after exchange & conversion) I paid $1.78 CAD/L. It is easy to see why I fill up down there. Legally, you are allowed a maximum of 6 x20L jerry can fyi.

KBC
10-11-2022, 02:47 PM
1gallon is what? 4litres+.
So, just for generalization facts,
a gallon of gas is 10.00$!!

I thought a US gallon is 3.78l

Edit: it’s 3.785l

Bugle M In
10-11-2022, 04:58 PM
I thought a US gallon is 3.78l

Edit: it’s 3.785l
Okay.
I was too lazy to look it up.
Goid thing I don’t own many 2 stroke equipment!!!
Still, at 2.40 per litre the other day.
That’s pretty mind boggling imo.
And worse, I think it is still going higher in the next few months!
Goid thing that 95% of the driving I do is by choice and not out if necessity!!!!
Credit cards, up and down, up and down, up and down right now for many!!!!
That is going to be a big problem very quickly.

tigrr
10-11-2022, 06:41 PM
$1.74 up to $1.94 in Williams Lake bc. $2.20 in Horsefly up from $1.80.

browningboy
10-11-2022, 09:41 PM
This government will have gas over 3 bucks per litre by next spring, and if not even more. Not looking forward to filling up the river boat at 74 gallons with premium running a 454! Lol

Bugle M In
10-11-2022, 10:58 PM
Might be a few boats up for sale come next year!!?
My buddy was disappointed about going from inboard to outboards and then filling up after a day, then realizing just how much more cost right now then this time last year.
And by next summer, what? Throw in an extra 30% maybe????
Insane to fathom but might be possible!

browningboy
10-12-2022, 06:34 AM
Might be a few boats up for sale come next year!!?
My buddy was disappointed about going from inboard to outboards and then filling up after a day, then realizing just how much more cost right now then this time last year.
And by next summer, what? Throw in an extra 30% maybe????
Insane to fathom but might be possible!

I know right? Here’s the thing with all the new taxes put in place for next year it’s going to happen, it’s mind boggling.

Bugle M In
10-12-2022, 09:56 AM
Boats just suck gas like crazy for the range used.
Even to go Hali fishing and getting to the grounds is so pricey now it almost isn’t worth it even if you get a few and that is never a given.
Certainly no more out if Uki to Bamfield salmon trips!!
Plus the fact you are always replacing shit on boats that spend their time in saltwater.
I spoke to a guide out of pacific angler and it seemed they had way less charters due to salmon restrictions and fuel.
Even stating he has gone out far less himself due to fuel.
That is going to have an impact on some businesses for sure!
From charters to sales all over the coastal areas.

ACB
10-12-2022, 11:21 AM
The one thing you have to remember with boats is, SPEED COSTS, I know myself with my boat and its only a 17' with a 115 merc 2 stroke, the difference between 4100rpm and 3600rpm in fuel economy is huge. It all depends how fast you want to get some where. And jets compared to props is about 30% difference in fuel economy.

browningboy
10-12-2022, 12:08 PM
The one thing you have to remember with boats is, SPEED COSTS, I know myself with my boat and its only a 17' with a 115 merc 2 stroke, the difference between 4100rpm and 3600rpm in fuel economy is huge. It all depends how fast you want to get some where. And jets compared to props is about 30% difference in fuel economy.

Boats and gas economy shouldn't be in the same sentence! lol

Linksman313
10-12-2022, 12:15 PM
Took my 4 year old out for his first hunting trip Sunday afternoon, total mileage on 2005 Honda EF 400 quad 47km
gas used 3.5L
cost $6.70
the half ton...... hahahaha

Bugle M In
10-12-2022, 01:41 PM
My buddy is scrambling for a kicker for the boat now!

Elkaddict
10-12-2022, 08:28 PM
Different kind of fuel but check out the price of firewood in Finland. 1000 euro for a pallet. If a standard pallet it 48x40 that could be close to a full cord.

https://sauneco.com/shop/birch-firewood-dry-1000kg/

j270wsm
10-12-2022, 08:52 PM
$1000euro’s for 2/3 of a cord……I thought $400 for my yrs supply was too much.

mpotzold
10-12-2022, 09:06 PM
[QUOTE=mpotzold;2365101]This afternoon-same place!

​Went to the store again today & the price has not changed.
Later Eve told me that the price may drop by 30 cents per litre as early as tomorrow. She thinks it's for reg??

mpotzold
10-12-2022, 10:58 PM

Later Eve told me that the price may drop by 30 cents per litre as early as tomorrow. She thinks it's for reg??

https://www.pentictonwesternnews.com/news/gas-prices-predicted-to-drop-more-than-30-cents-overnight-in-some-parts-of-b-c/

Bugle M In
10-13-2022, 09:16 AM
I heard the same thing, that gas would be dropping by 30 cents over night.
I am not sure why?
Was told that a few refineries came back online?
I think we are being fleeced is all!
Ooec is going to produce less.
US reserves will stop being released soon enough.
And now suddenly gas drops in te biggest one day amount ever here!!???????????
Not sure if it happened though.
We really are the puppets in this shit show.

And, talking to folks, a lot of folks, gas prices and the costs is really starting to have an impact!
A lot of folks talking about selling their bigger vehicles for smaller fuel efficient ones.
Just like in the 70’s!
Which was the beginning of the end of our muscle cars back then!
Its true, history has a way of repeating itself.

mpotzold
10-13-2022, 10:25 PM

Just got back from the same store
diesel $2.40 - reg $1.92 per litre (36 cents per litre drop!:shock:)

Bugle M In
10-13-2022, 10:40 PM
lol, still almost 2$ a litre and we are now happy!!!!!
I get it, it could be .35$ more.
But man, if that’s all it takes, wait till they jack it up to 3$ for a week, knowing we will be happy at 2.50$!
Bring in the clowns!
We live in a circus ring.

ian745
10-14-2022, 06:09 AM
price of gas sure dropped but they are making up for it with the price of diesel going up at basically the same rate,

station by my house in comox, dropped gas by 19 cents and raised diesel by 18.. go figure

browningboy
10-14-2022, 06:21 AM
lol, still almost 2$ a litre and we are now happy!!!!!
I get it, it could be .35$ more.
But man, if that’s all it takes, wait till they jack it up to 3$ for a week, knowing we will be happy at 2.50$!
Bring in the clowns!
We live in a circus ring.

Nailed it bro!

mike31154
10-14-2022, 10:04 AM
Anyone remember when the price 1st started holding at more than $1 a litre? All the signs had to change 'cause they only had 2 digits with the decimal at the beginning lol. Must have cost them a fortune & sign makers made a killing....

digger dogger
10-14-2022, 11:48 AM
Anyone remember when the price 1st started holding at more than $1 a litre? All the signs had to change 'cause they only had 2 digits with the decimal at the beginning lol. Must have cost them a fortune & sign makers made a killing....

I remember that, it was the beginning of getting hosed at the pump.

I was just talking about this to my wife this morning.

Just bought diesel at lickman rd husky in Chwk for 2.19.

It’s still about 1.50 to high. F**kers.

HarryToolips
10-14-2022, 12:35 PM
So we're expecting to see a drop in price soon, is that right?

adriaticum
10-14-2022, 12:42 PM

No.
In France it's 2.5 Euros now and many gas stations don't have fuel at all.
I don't expect a price drop.

Bugle M In
10-14-2022, 01:03 PM
A couple of refineries came back on line supposedly, thus there was a big drop in price overnight around me.
But overall, the big picture with opec reducing barrels per day and USA supplementing with reserves that soon have to stop and they need to buy back, I don’t see oil going down.
Oh, plus the whole Ukraine/ Russia and that oil.
It needs to come down to combat inflation.
But I can’t see how that is going to happen?
So, I expect it to go up as a barrel of oil goes up.

Bugle M In
10-14-2022, 01:42 PM
A couple of refineries came back on line supposedly, thus there was a big drop in price overnight around me.
But overall, the big picture with opec reducing barrels per day and USA supplementing with reserves that soon have to stop and they need to buy back, I don’t see oil going down.
Oh, plus the whole Ukraine/ Russia and that oil.
It needs to come down to combat inflation.
But I can’t see how that is going to happen?
So, I expect it to go up as a barrel of oil goes up.

mpotzold
10-18-2022, 02:25 PM
[QUOTE=mpotzold;2365528]

diesel $2.40 - reg $1.92 per litre (36 cents per litre drop!:shock:)

Again same store just got back.
diesel $2.44-reg $1.93 per litre

Bugle M In
10-18-2022, 04:39 PM
Curious, if diesel continues to climb beyond gasoline, and the price per litre gets further and further apart, who here would consider getting rid of their diesel truck for a gas one?
And, yes I know the benefits of diesel trucks.
But just curious.

Stone Sheep Steve
10-18-2022, 05:14 PM
We are about $22.35 Mx dollars per litre.
That’s roughly $1.60 can.

Canadian dollar is falling and gas prices are increasing. When we were planning on leaving for Mexico it was only $1.20 ish

SSS

upperleftcoaster
10-18-2022, 05:18 PM
Curious, if diesel continues to climb beyond gasoline, and the price per litre gets further and further apart, who here would consider getting rid of their diesel truck for a gas one?
And, yes I know the benefits of diesel trucks.
But just curious.

hydro one in Ontario switched their fleet trucks some years ago from diesel to the v10 gassers after the 6.0L fiasco. It was cheaper to pay more for gas than repair the diesel fleet. They might be back to diesel now as I’m sure their truck turnover is high. The businesses will mostly do whatever is prudent. I told my buddy he needs to add a fuel surcharge to every contract he does now just to keep his margins.

as for me I’m still heading out for my hunt next week, fuel prices be damned. Thankfully I can afford it but does make a guy more cautious about heading out far now.

Bugle M In
10-19-2022, 03:38 AM
Here is where fuel prices are headed,

https://youtu.be/02i_EzSuGEw

mpotzold
10-22-2022, 11:13 PM
[QUOTE=mpotzold;2365765]

Again same store just got back.
diesel $2.44-reg $1.93 per litre

update
yesterday diesel $2.30-reg $1.85 per litre
today diesel $2.30-reg $1.82 per litre

Redthies
10-23-2022, 02:25 AM
Yup, it’s official. Never been happier that I sold my diesel truck in April.

browningboy
10-23-2022, 06:56 AM
Yup, it’s official. Never been happier that I sold my diesel truck in April.

‘I just bought diesels because I enjoyed the power and mileage, but coming up I’ll order a gas truck as I don’t need the diesel anymore as i rarely tow anything heavy.

IronNoggin
10-23-2022, 10:44 AM
Regular gas in Port: $ 1.89.9

Bugle M In
10-23-2022, 11:28 AM
I guess the fat’s are a bit more quieter these days!?
But then again, probably more hunters in foot bumping into each other in the woods.
I think the prices will certainly be much higher by next summer.
I can see a lot of communities taking a hit on their bottom line as less people take less road trips due to the costs.

MichelD
10-23-2022, 11:47 AM
I made the original post in this thread on June 12. Price of gas was $2.20.

As it turned out I only made one big game trip this season, a return trip of about 400 km give or take. Gas was over $3.30 in Vancouver at the time. On my way out of town and back I got it for $2.23. It dropped to $1.87 in Vancouver a few days ago so I topped up. Pretty happy I didn't have to go farther than that, though I miss being out in several of my more distant hunting destinations.

RiverOtter
10-23-2022, 03:07 PM
$1.78 for regular in the North Okanagan today at some stations.

Bugle M In
10-23-2022, 06:16 PM
I miss when my a friend said “ wanna go hunting right now” (last minute Friday night), and I wasn’t sure if I wanted to get laid that weekend or could go!!
I sure as heck didn’t even consider the cost of fuel!
The Good old days!!!

mpotzold
10-28-2022, 03:58 PM
[QUOTE=mpotzold;2366591]

update
yesterday diesel $2.30-reg $1.85 per litre
today diesel $2.30-reg $1.82 per litre

same store today
diesel $2.29-reg $2.01 per litre

mpotzold
11-02-2022, 03:19 PM
[QUOTE=mpotzold;2367481]

same store today
diesel $2.29-reg $2.01 per litre

-diesel $2.28-reg $1.98 per litre

-in store about 20% masked!

Bugle M In
11-02-2022, 03:31 PM
Wait til after the US midterms.

Bugle M In
11-05-2022, 12:39 AM
So, US just released their last batch of emergency reserve oil, so that’s over!
And, diesel seems to be in extraordinarily low supply right now.
So, guess we are going to see those issues at the pump very shortly.
And, the US had to buy that released reserve back at some point.

Stone Sheep Steve
11-05-2022, 03:57 AM
So, US just released their last batch of emergency reserve oil, so that’s over!
And, diesel seems to be in extraordinarily low supply right now.
So, guess we are going to see those issues at the pump very shortly.
And, the US had to buy that released reserve back at some point.

There won’t just be issues at the pump when diesel runs low. There will be major issues everywhere.

Lots of people back east still heat their homes with diesel. It could be a tough winter.

Speaking of heating homes, I just heard on Peak Prosperity that a cord of firewood in Denmark is selling for just under $2000 US a cord.

SSS

RyoTHC
11-05-2022, 09:28 AM
I’m sorry guys.
I bought my first diesel truck in 2017, before I got it diesel was cheaper than gas.. now because of me we are running out of diesel entirely..

Bugle M In
11-05-2022, 10:46 AM
I’m sorry guys.
I bought my first diesel truck in 2017, before I got it diesel was cheaper than gas.. now because of me we are running out of diesel entirely..
I remember when my dad picked up his first diesel, a 90 Dodge Ram Cummins and diesel was a third the price of gas.
Our trips in the gas fueled ford with Alaskan was costing us 400$ to do our elk hunt.
Then it went down to 120$ with the diesel the next season and way more power.

But now I have to wonder what the savings would be doing the same trip, and if diesel is still the way to go??
Heavy load, I still see the diesel as way better.
But damn, it’s getting pricey!!

mpotzold
11-09-2022, 12:47 AM
[QUOTE=mpotzold;2368636]

-diesel $2.28-reg $1.98 per litre

-in store about 20% masked!

today
-diesel $2.30-reg $1.97 per litre

Redthies
11-09-2022, 07:43 AM
I remember when my dad picked up his first diesel, a 90 Dodge Ram Cummins and diesel was a third the price of gas. But now I have to wonder what the savings would be doing the same trip, and if diesel is still the way to go??
Heavy load, I still see the diesel as way better.
But damn, it’s getting pricey!!

I’ve always been a diesel guy. I’m VP of the Cummins group for BC, so clearly a fan. But.. I’m driving a 2019 Tundra these days. I sold my truck camper and got an off-road ready bumper pull. I get around 12 mpg towing that trailer (3500 lbs) in the Tundra. It has a couple of TRD performance mods and is right around 390 HP. My Dodge 3500 with 5.9 and Northern Lite would get: wait for it… 12 mpg! I saw diesel at $2.33 and gas at $1.72 the other day. I am going to say unless you need to tow really heavy (Tundra is rated for 10k, but I’d say 7k is “comfortable”), or have a slide in camper, go gas. Unless prices return to normal with diesel 10-20% cheaper than gas, I doubt I’ll ever own a diesel again. It sucks, but it’s our current reality.

Bugle M In
11-09-2022, 10:13 AM
I’ve always been a diesel guy. I’m VP of the Cummins group for BC, so clearly a fan. But.. I’m driving a 2019 Tundra these days. I sold my truck camper and got an off-road ready bumper pull. I get around 12 mpg towing that trailer (3500 lbs) in the Tundra. It has a couple of TRD performance mods and is right around 390 HP. My Dodge 3500 with 5.9 and Northern Lite would get: wait for it… 12 mpg! I saw diesel at $2.33 and gas at $1.72 the other day. I am going to say unless you need to tow really heavy (Tundra is rated for 10k, but I’d say 7k is “comfortable”), or have a slide in camper, go gas. Unless prices return to normal with diesel 10-20% cheaper than gas, I doubt I’ll ever own a diesel again. It sucks, but it’s our current reality.
Well, we have enjoyed our Cummins engines over the years.
Although our 1990 Dodge Ram look like a piece of shit style wise, it’s lightweight (but could still move that 76 Alaskan, which was a bit lighter then the new one), with the 5 speed manual was wicked on mileage.
The 06, definitely more comfortable and heavier duty by a long shot (3500), not so good on mileage.

A buddy told me he neighbour has switched from diesel to gas powered.
And like you, says the new trucks on gas are pretty good now.
Rationale being that many new trucks are showing up with 10. Speed transmissions, so they have no issues now going up say the snow shed on the Coq etc.

The one thing I know with the diesels were, the engine temps never really moved, no matter the load or climb.
Bot sure about the gas ones???
But yes, it will probably be a consideration in the future, because I don’t ever see diesel being all that cheap again.
And yes, you see less and less campers now.

Redthies
11-09-2022, 10:34 PM
My Tundra only has a 6 speed, but towing 5,000 up the Coq or Crowsnest it doesn’t heat up at all. The 1st Gen Cummins, especially the ‘92 and ‘93s are probably my favourite truck of all time. They are what you should see in the dictionary when you look up the word “truck”!

https://i.postimg.cc/htm3CZcN/C91-F1-B53-525-B-4-E0-F-8056-EC80-F9-C445-C3.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Bugle M In
11-09-2022, 10:51 PM
It was a 90.
And I miss it!
Dropped it from 5th back into 4th, and hammer down, with a 10ft Alaskan and I still could blow by everyone.
Inly real upgrade were some air bags to the rear, and I don’t think it sucked any extra driving it balls out.
And the clutch in that tranny was a tank.

Anyways, thanks for the info on considering a gas powered truck.
I don’t think diesel will ever drop below gasoline ever again.
Not until everyone is stuck with EV’s.
All I wonder is, how long will trucks be given a grace period over regular passenger cars??

mpotzold
11-12-2022, 12:06 AM
[QUOTE=mpotzold;2369582]

today
-diesel $2.30-reg $1.97 per litre

tonight
-diesel $2.26-reg $2.03 per litre

Redthies
11-12-2022, 06:52 AM
$1.43 CDN yesterday in Washington near Colville. $1.87 in Grand Forks. Flush the Turd!

mpotzold
11-13-2022, 10:22 PM
[QUOTE=mpotzold;2370718]

tonight
-diesel $2.26-reg $2.03 per litre

Van.-same store-tonight
-diesel $2.20-reg $1.93 per litre

browningboy
11-13-2022, 11:36 PM
Just came back from Calgary, filled up the rental car at 1.41 per liter, cheap out there

Bugle M In
11-14-2022, 12:14 AM
I am just thankful t point Robert’s is just 1 minute drive away!
Went Friday night around 8pm, no line up!
Back home in 10 minutes and glad I don’t need to drive to work everyday!

I am guessing most folks fuel bill must be up 30% atleast from last year???
Diesel must be up what???… 70% ???

IronNoggin
11-14-2022, 01:00 PM
Don't expect Whoregone et al to follow suit...

Alberta axes fuel tax again, but here’s why not all provinces will be so luckyhttps://tnc.news/2022/11/13/fuel-tax-provinces/

mpotzold
11-16-2022, 08:19 PM
[QUOTE=mpotzold;2371184]

Van.-same store-tonight
-diesel $2.20-reg $1.93 per litre

latest
diesel $2.20-reg $1.84 per litre

Brew
11-16-2022, 08:40 PM
My Tundra only has a 6 speed, but towing 5,000 up the Coq or Crowsnest it doesn’t heat up at all. The 1st Gen Cummins, especially the ‘92 and ‘93s are probably my favourite truck of all time. They are what you should see in the dictionary when you look up the word “truck”!

https://i.postimg.cc/htm3CZcN/C91-F1-B53-525-B-4-E0-F-8056-EC80-F9-C445-C3.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

that’s the exact truck I learned to drive on. Would love to have one in that shape