Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Findlay Creek Outfitters

Re: Findlay Creek Outfitters

[QUOTE=Fisher-Dude;1834402]Can you explain to us how a 6 point elk season results in low elk populations?[/QUOTE

No he can't.. lol
    Resident hunter and proud of it!

i didnt say i could . Its just my opinions .Nothing more . I would say its simply a combination , there is no one overwhelming factor . I have hunted the area , i Have Friends who Hunt the Area . Its just my Opinion. Im not going to argue any of the points .
    Last edited by GOLDEN TOP SNIPER; 10-25-2016 at 03:48 PM.
    " Never tell me the Odds "

Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

I think i clearly said it the first time . Hard to say what the main reason is . . personally , i have my opinions on some the stated facts , but i really dont and wont get into them on this site . I prefer to come on this site and review gear , read stories ., cheer people on , give my advice if someone wants it . , i have meet some good people from it . gone hunting with them , had them help me with some questions i have about hunting and gear . i have not or never will claim i know everything , because i dont ..

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    Can you explain to us how a 6 point elk season results in low elk populations?
    The 6 point season worked wonders to bring back the bulls from the former 3 point season, the question is , where are all the cows going.

when i hear an account of a eye witness say he saw cow elks loaded into a truck, I can figure out that if you kill off all the cows, it will have a impact on the elk population. If all you harvest is 6 points it will not.

I would like to say , it is not the Columbia valley natives who are doing it, i met some and i know where they are from.

For those who do not think un regulated hunting cant have a impact on elk ,Talk to the guys who live in the flats year round, talk to mike and you will have a better idea about the plummeting elk population.

like i said . some things i wouldnt want to get into on this site . I Have no problem with 6point season . and there is bow too for any bull in Sept. . So its hard to put your finger on one cause . I just dont like how this one moose draw spot we have near here , they give out 25 draws when several years ago , they only gave out less than 6 . The area is shot out . sure there is some around . but its not like it used to be . not sure why they feel the need to give out that many draws .. i guess they have there reasons..

So no one really knows. Do the biologists have any ideas?

If there is a high level of unregulated harvest, then that may play a huge role in declining populations.

Typically, the level of recruitment (how many calves survive) dictates over-all population.
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

All predators ( humans included) have played a role in the decline, everywhere in BC! Bad management of the recourse has allowed it. If you want to cut the wolfs share, cull the wolves to a manageable level. If you want too cut the bears share, manage the bears ? Guides and Resident Hunters are already managed! We just need the other piece of the puzzle too get on board and we can, maybe start managing wildlife!
    Last edited by Spy; 10-25-2016 at 05:43 PM.

Bingo . give that man a cigar .