Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bear Bag Limit

Bear Bag Limit

The current limit is 2 in most regions. Last time I was talking to a friend who advised me to shoot two black bears this spring and not to be too picky. He told me that the population of black bears has to be put under control, which I totally agree. But given the current bag limit, I could only bag one in spring and keep the other for fall hunting in case I have to shoot one. So, is there any chance that they'll raise the limit this coming season?
    Alex Li Custom Recurve 48" 62# @ 28", Osage-Bloodwood/Maple/Bamboo with Bocote Riser
    Alex Li Custom Recurve 48" 53# @ 28", Bocote/Bamboo with Water Buffalo Horn Covered Belly
    Blackwidow Recurve 56" 61# @ 28"

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Bear Bag Limit

I have to ask, why would you shoot an animal because your friend told you to? Sorry but I might be missing something here but wouldn't it be because you needed the meat, wanted a rug or what have you? Does your buddy have the data to show that they are out of control? I know there are lots around but didn't know they were out of control.
    Their steaks, roasts and burger to me! Tom

The black bear population is booming, and most bios woudl like us to harvest more predators.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Last spring I saw four black bears within 2 KM range. None was giving an a$$ about the others being round.
    Alex Li Custom Recurve 48" 62# @ 28", Osage-Bloodwood/Maple/Bamboo with Bocote Riser
    Alex Li Custom Recurve 48" 53# @ 28", Bocote/Bamboo with Water Buffalo Horn Covered Belly
    Blackwidow Recurve 56" 61# @ 28"

Black bears eat a lot of newborn deer, elk, and moose.

Thumbs up Re: Bear Bag Limit

I'll do my best to take one..........maybe two

I'd agree in some regions the bag limit could be raised but Two is pretty generous already..........but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    .........but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !
    Umm...what exactly are you doing with that pepperoni stick Will? On second thought, I don't wanna know.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Quote Originally Posted by rollingrock View Post
    The current limit is 2 in most regions. Last time I was talking to a friend who advised me to shoot two black bears this spring and not to be too picky. He told me that the population of black bears has to be put under control, which I totally agree. But given the current bag limit, I could only bag one in spring and keep the other for fall hunting in case I have to shoot one. So, is there any chance that they'll raise the limit this coming season?
    I think I'd be pretty picky - wouldn't want a raunchy old , worm ridden bear.

Wolfman
    "didn't want the cabin lookin' like it was built by a boyscout with a dull hatchet."

- Dick Proenneke

Not wanting to hijack this thread, but i'll be in geo-camp from june to august near Mackenzie, and was wondering if i could shoot a bear after work, i mean apparently you need to take the meat to "your place of residence" but what if i eat it there... i mean i live in coquitlam, would it still be legal?
    ________
    Com?te
    Last edited by Eichelherr; 02-07-2011 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eichelherr View Post
    Not wanting to hijack this thread, but i'll be in geo-camp from june to august near Mackenzie, and was wondering if i could shoot a bear after work, i mean apparently you need to take the meat to "your place of residence" but what if i eat it there... i mean i live in coquitlam, would it still be legal?
    They are closed June 15th and usually reopen Aug 15th so before and after those dates your good to go. You can eat it there.
    Their steaks, roasts and burger to me! Tom