Page 17 of 72 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: Lots Of Wolf Talk eh ?

Re: Lots Of Wolf Talk eh ?

For the guys asking about a list, here is what Proguide66 said he is working on ! I think he understands guys don't want to just donate money to a random trapper who may or may not even be targeting wolves in their area. Sounds like he is going to liason with other trappers first then recommend them for support, which IMO is better than a list !!!

Quote Originally Posted by proguide66 View Post
    OK, I am working on a smooth method with a few guys I know who are VERY efficient and 100% solid. As I figure out WHO and 'where' we will let the area of interest be known here. if YOU hunt there, throw down !!! These guys are VERY happy with this news. Happy, eager, GOOD problem solvers is what we need moving.
    All I requested from them is good solid numbers with a photo of wolves with the date in the photo ( even just 2018 in it) for the season end. Piece of paper, scribe it in the snow, whatever. We can post result pics here OR email them with final tally at season end to donors when they come in. We can possibly throw donor names in a hat and draw some prime dried and salted hides to give back.
    Anyone has any input ( GOOD constructive input) drop it here.
    As far as I am concerned, posting pics here shouldn't be a concern. It is a hunting forum, we have plastered dozens of wolf pics on here in the past. I as well have lots of videos on youtube, it hasn't stopped the activity. I don't care either way, just as long as we ALL do our part in what SHOULD BE the #1 priority when it comes to our game in B.C.
    Why enhance 'anything' for ungulates if they are already gobbled up ? Lets get the numbers back where they should be and stay on top of it this time !!!
    Last edited by Islander30; 01-09-2018 at 04:04 PM.

Ok. Thanks for that. Must have missed this post or forgot I read it.

Thanks.

I know a trapper in my area that targets wolves.

Whenever I come across tracks in his territory, I zip him a quick message with location and my best estimate at the number in the pack and days old.

He's very appreciative of the intel, as it helps him focus his efforts.

I think we can all help in this way. Find out your local trapper's contact info and establish some rapport.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post

Whenever I come across tracks in his territory, I zip him a quick message with location and my best estimate at the number in the pack and days old.

I think we can all help in this way. Find out your local trapper's contact info and establish some rapport.
    Obviously the tracks you report in are on roads.
    Wait a minute.....wolves use roads!?

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post

Got a hold of one of them in my area so soon as Im back from walrusing around on the beach down here were going to hook up and Ill help in whatever way I can.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    That is awesome what a turn around wow wow!
    Any news on trappers on the Island ? Let's get the ball rolling here I have some $$ burning a hole in my pocket
    Ya same here, if there is a trapper who want to target wolves anywhere between nanaimo and cambell river....or even sayward, I can donate some money as well as I can help physicaly if help is wanted.......also would like to donate to any trappers having good success in 3-29, 8-14, 8-15

Last edited by Islander30; 01-10-2018 at 09:24 AM. Reason: spelling

Islander30. Great to post regions you wanna support. Also e eryone should remember wolves range a large area. Mentioned by several, but needs to be stressed. Supporting a trapper anywhere within several regions will help. So far for Vancouver Island I know one wolf guy in 1-03,1-04, 1-05 areas.
    Sure as this gains steams trappers will spread word and share areas they are in.

Gotta love the “eh”, just funny as west coast people don’t nearly say it as much as the eastcoast
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Like cyber toad mentioned wolves have vast territories that keep changing do their numbers. There are no boundaries to were they well go, the need for food keeps them on the move constantly. Three years ago my areas had no wolves , My daughter and I could go out on opening day and get our 2 deer. We would see 6-10 bucks and 15-20 doe's. This year 3 doe's in 2 days , no bucks all season. And remember most Limits and seasons in the Reg's are based on a whole region not just the 20-50 square miles you might just hunt

Arrow Re: Lots Of Wolf Talk eh ?

Quote Originally Posted by Islander30 View Post
    Ya same here, if there is a trapper who want to target wolves anywhere between nanaimo and cambell river.....
    Shoot me a pm.
    I have found the right fellow for the areas around Port & beyond.
    He is also in contact with the neighboring tappers, and can point you in the right direction for that if required.
    The trapper is aware of this initiative, and noted he would be quite pleased with any support that might come his way...

Even though this is the tightest time of year for me, I will be volunteering time (which I have a fair bit of) and funds when I can afford it.

I believe Proguide has this right, and that united we can make one hell of a positive difference!
    Many Thanks to The Man for bringing the idea forward!

Any other that want to help out on The Rock in the areas noted, feel free to pm for contact information.

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me