Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Mandatory Bow Hunter Training

Re: Mandatory Bow Hunter Training

Interesting read this post.

I am curious

To those who havent taken it ...what do you thing the course teaches? It's an honest question. I'd like to know what the general perception is concerning the course. Nothing to do with being mandatory or not.

'yote

Coyote i would say it will teach high %ag shots compared to low. Ethic`s will be someone`s opionon . tracking and game recovery and safety all good stuff . Take out the mandatory and i would take it if its offerd.

I am to busy renewing my falling ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
    To those who havent taken it ...what do you thing the course teaches? It's an honest question. I'd like to know what the general perception is concerning the course.
    I'll bite.......
    Here's my A$$umptions

I'd guess it emphasizes shot Placement, safety, etc.etc.

All good things no doubt about it.......but a mandatory course specifically for Bowhunters is just another wedge between the Hunting fraternity IMO.

Talk to a few perspective Hunter wannabe's and you soon realize the general consensus is there is alot of BS involved already.......long gun safety course to get a PAL, then take the CORE to get your Number, now if you show some interest in Bowhunting well here's yet another course for you to get.
    Sadly most simply lose interest and move on

We should be Educating Hunters young and old without question but it should be done in a manner that doesn't seem over regulated etc.....easier said then done I admit.

Why not simply push for a More "in depth" CORE program which I'm sure Most will agree is getting pretty "out dated" and could use a little refreshing anyways to say the least.....?

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Why not simply push for a More "in depth" CORE program which I'm sure Most will agree is getting pretty "out dated" and could use a little refreshing anyways to say the least.....?
    The CORE course is updated evey few years. The latest update was 4 years ago and another set of revisions is currently awaiting Ministry approval.

Not concerned about mandatory or otherwise. Also not trying to hijack the thread. Just want to know what people's perception is.

I'd also like to know, of those who have taken it, what did you think?

No hidden agenda here, just want some non-political honesty and opinions concerning the course.

'yote

FD- This is a little late but I wouldn't have a problem with the x-bow hunter if he had to take the IBEP bow hunting course.

Quote Originally Posted by Onesock View Post
    FD- This is a little late but I wouldn't have a problem with the x-bow hunter if he had to take the IBEP bow hunting course.
    Do you have a problem with the traditional bow guy who hasn't taken the course? Should he be punted from BOW ONLY season and have to hunt with the rest of us bums in GOS, as you suggest for the crossbow guys?
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

FD, You guys in the GOS are still killin 90 percent of the game, hardly what I would call "Bums".

Quote Originally Posted by 6616 View Post
    The CORE course is updated evey few years. The latest update was 4 years ago and another set of revisions is currently awaiting Ministry approval.
    Interesting...thanks for enlightening me.

Actually I think all bow hunters should have to take the course. What the MANDATORY course would do is stop the guys from buying x-bows on Friday and hunting on Saturday. Most guys that hunt with compounds or traditional gear shoot there bows for months before the season starts. I have yet to see one x-bow at a 3-D shoot and for sure they are welcome there. As someone said on here before I will borrow a x-bow for the late season. This in unacceptable as far as I am concerned. He couldn't just borrow a firearm without the proper courses now could he? I am not against any hunter who practices and knows the limitations of his/her weapon. Shooting a x-bow 3-4 days before bow season does not a bowhunter make!
    FD maybe you have a hidden agenda. Maybe you want to see bow seasons discontinued.