Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: Why is the WKBGTA proposing a bag limit of 1 elk or 1 moose not both in BC

Re: Why is the WKBGTA proposing a bag limit of 1 elk or 1 moose not both in BC

Amazing that hunters are begging government to close more sustainable hunts down when they just saw their grizzly hunt abolished due to "opinion."
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Well...they in that area of the province asked for it...now they got it....
    Now they will have more guys up there...all at the same time....chasing the same elk in a smaller window!
    Have fun with that!!!!

Hopefully they will be posting their "monster elk" that they will be creating from that...sure would love to see them.
    Lets see if they post it.....
    I seriously doubt it...

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    Amazing that hunters are begging government to close more sustainable hunts down when they just saw their grizzly hunt abolished due to "opinion."
    I hear you.....
    I'm lost for words....and to bring up stuff like this when NDP/Green is in power is about as foolish as one
    could be....

Quote Originally Posted by rogerb View Post
    any idea if the elk archery season will be axed as well?
    log in with your bceid and give your oppinion. i believe that with every rifle opportunity decrease should result in a bow hunting increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    I hear you.....
    I'm lost for words....and to bring up stuff like this when NDP/Green is in power is about as foolish as one
    could be....
    I'm too self centered and lazy to check into it but... I bet that part of the province is NDP.
    I would also bet the real smart ones can get even more foolish.
    Cant wait for someone to suggest shortening the mule deer season in region 3,8, and 5 because of...global warming.

The rutted up Muleys do require a little more care and preparation. My son calls it musky meat.

Because it leaves more moose and elk for the guide outfitters.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    When hunters are watching game numbers decline and no effort to improve things get suggested out of desperation

There is a need for change but we need well thought out change but no one can agree on what that is
    It’s simple.. too many people taking too many animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfdown View Post
    But there are fewer hunters now and they're taking fewer animals than before.

We haven't killed a southern caribou for 40 years - how are they doing?

We just got a brand new grizzly hunting regulation - is that because too many people are killing too many grizzlies?

Your simplistic solution is so far off the mark.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfdown View Post

No , its not that simple ..... But when there is a finite number of animals and more die each year than are being produced , that equals a net loss ... hunters are the only regulated cause of death for wildlife as we have no control over the others, ie FN , wolf , cougar , bear, accidents , desease and probably a few more .
    FD : Your example of the caribou is a poor one as we know thru science that the predators are almost exclusively responsible for the demise of the caribou.