Quote Originally Posted by Sirloin View Post
I DONT work against the BC Resident hunting community by trying to take away their hunting opportunities.

Please point me towards the science that says closing a 6 point GOS elk season and opening a special GOS 6 point elk season for seniors only will increase overall elk populations. I'd love to see that.

Please point me towards the science that says an elk and a moose is just too much meat for a family. I'd love to see that.

Please point me towards the science that says mule deer meat during the rut is not fit for consumption, i'd LOVE to see that one.

These are not science based and we all know it.

Pointing out all the good they do is not an argument in defense of WKBGA putting forth recommendations to away every average hunters opportunities. It also doesn't give them special status deciding how to regulate the wildlife of BC held in the PUBLIC trust of ALL tax paying BC Residents.
I'm sure they do some wonderful things for conservation and good on them, but I tend to agree with your valid questions, this is Not science based in my mind. I generally only hunt Nov, but they have decided what is palatable meat?? How about twice the meat of a two point, hamburger, sausage and the best cuts steak.
Its a better harvest regarding conservation in my mind if it's an old warrior upon his final days.
its also called hunting, not cruise the roads for an easy spike or two point, although Im not passing judgement, do what is best for you, health, age, time all play a role.