Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Goat hunting 2013/2014 *taxidermy added*

next to a nice fishing hole on the Horsefly

Re: Goat hunting 2013/2014

Congrats on the trophy. It's been awesome to follow you on your adventures the last couple years

Congrats on a great billy, what a hard earned trophy!
    Twist and pull.

I didn't have any real physical help... but if it wasn't for HBC I would have never had got this guy. So I think I owe a bunch of people a huge thank you... except for d6dan for the following idea when I moved up here;
    Quote Originally Posted by d6dan View Post
    The hell with fishing!, Get a hold of BCBillies and chase some goats!!!
    I had not/would not have thought about hunting goats if it wasn't for that comment. This obsession is your fault... and I thank you for it.

BCBillies moved away before I moved up. I think he didn't want to pack some rookie's goat out of some hell hole. To be fair I wouldn't either. Still have to toss a shout out to him. Last year and this year he provided me with a lot of info on goats.

Sherpa-Al
    because I think he felt sorry for me, so he basically pinpointed every possible spot where I had a chance at a goat and when.

Gerrygoat especially last year when I didn't really know where to start, I bombarded him with questions about gear, goat habitat, behavior and other general knowledge.

Kitnayakwa77 for this full Star Wars thread http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...-Weekend-Billy that really got me excited about getting a goat.

Rhyno for getting a goat before me and pissing me off lol... gave me that extra push to make me get it done.

decker9 for always being excited about my adventures, which in turn kept me excited about going out

Todbartell and the rest of the Nechako gang for helping out with a lot of my shopping for gear.

Quesnel Kid
    for taking me into a new goat areas.

Marc for creating HBC that basically started all of this mess and hooking me up with the people above.

There was also a bunch of what I believe to be non members that helped out:
    My dad
    Shaun Flanagan
    Brian Patrick
    Jeff Carlson
    Thomas Euverman
    Alex Tranq
    My G-Parents
    My brother... basically for not telling my mother about my adventures

Way to perservere! Goat hunting is addicting. Long horns on him, how old is he? G
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    Way to perservere! Goat hunting is addicting. Long horns on him, how old is he? G
    I aged him at 9... but I could be wrong. I'll let you guys know for sure when the inspection is done.

Right on! Good job, way to stick with it.

Nice Billy congrats and how about Grizzly hunting now
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

Quote Originally Posted by warnniklz View Post
    I finally got to put my hands on my first billy goat gruff. I grabbed his horns. At least twice the size of my penis... so he had to be at least 6".

Put them against the tape... 10 inch length and 5.5 inch bases... but bigger than anything I hoped for.
    Nice work and a wild ride!!! You got beat up a bunch over the season, but you came out ahead. Tough or too dumb to quit, doesn't matter, you got the goat!! Congratulations!!.

And by the sounds of it , you've been selling yourself a bit "short". If the billy's horn is twice the length of yours and he's ten plus, well you can "enlarge" your add on all those dating sites.
    I harvest carrots. I kill animals.

That's a booner goat!! Nicely done
    "One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted..." Jose Ortega y Gasset

Goat hunting is incredible! Great job on taking your first
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......