Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do I need to carry my firearm license with me when I take my rifle out hunting?

Do I need to carry my firearm license with me when I take my rifle out hunting?

I lost my wallet about a month ago and I sent a replacement application form to RCMP.

No sign of living, so I called them to check my application status.

As usual, the lady said, I need to wait little bit longer due to high volume .

I guess that Im going to get my license back when hunting season is over.

According to RCMP website, it only says restricted or prohibited firearms.

Any idea?? Q. Do I need to carry my licence and registration certificates with me when I take my firearms out hunting?

The Criminal Code states that a firearms licence and a registration certificate for any restricted or prohibited firearms must be produced for the inspection of a peace officer. If these documents are not produced, the peace officer may seize the firearms. If that was the only reason the firearms were seized, and the required documents are produced for inspection within 14 days, the police are required to return the firearms

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/faq/lic-per-eng.htm

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Do I need to carry my firearm license with me when I take my rifle out hunting?

Without your firearms license, you cannot be in possession of a firearm. However if you are hunting with a partner and he is close enough to "supervise" as he would a newbie, you can go hunting using your own HUNTING license and tags. But he must stay with you while you are in possession of a firearm without a license.

As a side note, if you were to have your firearm seized as mentioned above, don't be surprised if its not as easy as the quoted paragraph says to get your gun back.
    MDRGC
    BCWF
    NFA

Re: Do I need to carry my firearm license with me when I take my rifle out hunting?

There is no penalty for not carrying your PAL card with you when hunting. You must possess one and produce proof of possession if asked.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Thank you all

There is no such thing as registration for firearms any more so you are ok there,they were all suppose to be destroyed when the conservatives repealed the registration.As for you PAL I have never been asked for mine so don`t think you need to worry there.

EVERYTIME I have been asked to produce a pal. think about it, CO/police finds guys/girls with firearms... CO/police wonder if they are legally able to have guns... CO/police ask for proof. Proof=pal. The pal is the only thing that enables authorities to verify if u can have firearms when Internet/cell reception is out of the question.

its like asking do I need to Cary my drivers license on me when I drives vehicle. Same thing
    Last edited by MattTse; 05-07-2013 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    There is no penalty for not carrying your PAL card with you when hunting. You must possess one and produce proof of possession if asked.
    In other words if a cop asks to see your PAL when you're out hunting and you don't produce it expect to wear a new pair of bracelets, possibly
    Quote Originally Posted by elkdom View Post
    magnums can easily turn your brain to mush,, and there is much evidence of that on the internet !

I would think so, I always have mine on me anyways, you never know when you might want to buy something that requires it.

If you're out hunting, does a valid hunting licence not count for possession of un-restricted firearms?

And if I'm not mistaken CO's and cops run on radio repeaters, if not satellite reception, so running your name with dispatch should not be a big deal...

its always a good idea to have it on you, what will happen if you dont? well i guess each co/cop will treat the situation differently...hopefully you have a jar with some "lawyer funds in it", its like getting caught without a drivers license which has happened to me, the first time the cop took a pic of me and let me go with a stern warning, the other time i got a 65 dollar fine(this was years ago)