Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: game cutter beware

Re: game cutter beware

My game meat is too precious to me to leave it sitting for 2 months. When it wasn't on its way to me in 2 weeks I would have got on the phone and arranged the whole thing myself. Or better yet I would follow Eastkoot's advice and bring it to my home town after hanging it for a few days in the cooler. Your fault, buddy got tired of tripping over the damned stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Sorry there guy! But in my years as a butcher I've seen this happen many of times wether the customer has paid or not.. Ultimatly it is up to you to find arrangments to pickup your product! You can not expect the buthcher to do this for you unless u had made prior arrangements. The butcher also is more than likey swamped this time of year and needs to make room for customers! The butcher really does not make that much on cutting alone, therefore they can't be bothered with the extra hassle.
    Last edited by ~T-BONE~; 12-15-2006 at 05:33 PM.

Sounds to me like someone should of done a little better planning
    "ETCOOMS"

being from Kimberley I know Cliff, I agree He had no choice in the matter...should have retreived your meat quicker
    It'd look better on "my" wall!!

Sorry brother

You should have this all figured out before you even go up there, that's what we did.

You can't leave it there that long regardless.

Smile Re: game cutter beware

I would have been on the phone to get my meat home ASAP as that is what I hunt for. "T-Bone" you said the butchers dont make much on cutting but I disagree at $1.00 a pound which is what we had to pay this year to cut up a couple of elk cost us $700.00 and I know he could do that in about 6 hours or less. I wish I made that much per hour. I normally do all my cutting myself but circumstances made us get it done commercially. I still have no problem with paying that it is part of the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by tuchodi
    I would have been on the phone to get my meat home ASAP as that is what I hunt for. "T-Bone" you said the butchers dont make much on cutting but I disagree at $1.00 a pound which is what we had to pay this year to cut up a couple of elk cost us $700.00 and I know he could do that in about 6 hours or less. I wish I made that much per hour. I normally do all my cutting myself but circumstances made us get it done commercially. I still have no problem with paying that it is part of the hunt.
    Game cutting is seasonal. Kinda like farmers only makin hay when the sun shines! I don't know where you took your stuff but generally (locally) it is about $0.49lb. (without making sausage) I can see it being that much in an area like Dease lk. because of the demand! Not too mention the cost of using a locker just to hang. (people with money will pay!) Tuchodi what do butchers do between X-mas and easter? Besides making a little sausage that they don't get done in the fall if they don't send it away.. Most of all the butchering is done in the fall! Domestic and game!

I know Cliff well,I`ve taken meat to him before he is a damn good butcher and damned honest man.I live here ,I know him.From Sept.on he is up to his asshole in alligaters,same as all the butchers here,the harvest in this area is incredible!He has wrapped and frozen and shipped meat a thousand times to every where you can think of,including the U.K and Germany.How dare you slander him for giving you free storage while you screwed around for TWO MONTHS .Ever heard of Greyhound or Loomis?
    I`m real pissed with you.
    Scars Are like Tattoos but With Better Stories

Thumbs down Re: game cutter beware

Quote Originally Posted by sawmill
    How dare you slander him for giving you free storage while you screwed around for TWO MONTHS .Ever heard of Greyhound or Loomis?
    That's kinda what I thought when I read this Post

I don't know the butcher but I agree 100 % with Sawmill .
    Why would you leave that valuable a commodity for that long ?? Better planning young fella is all I can say. Mike
    "You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try" Beverly Sills