Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Bushnell Elite Scope

Re: Bushnell Ilite Scope

Quote Originally Posted by One Shot View Post
    Interesting I have one on a .338 lapua for more than a year and its still going strong. and another on a .300 win mag for a few years with no issues.........
    One Shot, I think the guys that broke a Bushnell Elite scope once and now are huge fans of Leupold are mountain
    hunters, and they regularly beat their scopes and rifles down on rocks and trees. Leupolds are a bit tougher than
    Bushnells and do stand up to more abuse, and you pay for that. That being said, I've used Bushnell Elites for years
    and they've worked flawlessly for me...I've even bumped them into a few trees now and then.
    B.C., PRE-NDP, formerly the best place to play! Cogito, ergo armatus sum!

Quote Originally Posted by warnniklz View Post
    ok I'll chime in... have a 3200 on my 300win mag for 10 years now... haven't even thought of the warranty or taken the turret caps off since I've sighted it in...
    I have a Bushnell Elite 3200 3-9x40 on my .308 savage lever that I've been dragging through the bush for 15 years and it's been beat and shit kicked and never had an issue with it,never fogs up and always holds zero even when I have bashed hard enough to warrant a test firing.....always surprises me when its right on the money year after year.
    It owes me nothing.

Well, Texas, it's good to hear that even if a guy does bash his Elite scope pretty hard it's most likely going to be fine!

Quote Originally Posted by Singleshotneeded View Post
    Well, Texas, it's good to hear that even if a guy does bash his Elite scope pretty hard it's most likely going to be fine!
    I still prefer Leupolds

They're built rugged to take abuse, great warranty, and have good optics...what's not to like besides the retail price?
    If I were younger and going up into the alpine to hunt mountain sheep, I'd almost certainly have a synthetic
    and stainless lightweight mountain rifle in .270wsm...and topped with a 4-12X40 AO Leupold scope.
    For some hiking from the truck or quad to where I can watch an opening I'm happy with my Elites.
    Thanks though for letting me know they can take more of a licking than I thought they could!

I took my Leupold fixed 4x off my Husqvarna and put an Elite 4200 on it.
    Worked up some good handloads over a week or so of fun shooting, then ran it off some rocks (Not on purpose, lol, I was sliding off a cliff)
    No issues, no fogging, no loss of zero. Still love the Leupy, but wanted larger obective lens and bigger magnification range.

i have had a elite 3200 3x9x50 on my 300 for about 5 years, my main mountain gun, its been to hell and back and never had an issue, havent touched it since i mounted it, same with my 4200 6-24 on my 22-250, even droped it out the truck once, right on the top turret, zero was perfect still, Elite binos, since 07, still work perfect!!
    Me personaly, elite has been a awesome product, but i have herd of some lemons out there.

Quote Originally Posted by madrona sh View Post
    Go with a high end Tasco.
    Don't know if your trying to be funny but I have Tasco Titan 3x9x42 mounted on my 30:06 and it's been beaten around by me for the last 8 years and someone before that and I'd buy another one in a heartbeat.
    "It is better to be tried by twelve than carried by six" author Jeff Cooper
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors - Plato

Firearm Legal Defence insured, Member of the CCFR

I have both Bushnell Elite series scopes and Leupold scopes. I like them both, but like the Elites a bit more in their upper lines - Elite 4200, Elite 6500 when compared to Leupolds in the same range.

My original Bausch and Lomb Elite 3000 (now owned by Bushnell) has been in use for 20 years and is still going on strong. Dropped, dented, dinged, abused and it still performs well.

The scopes are rarely the issue with poor shooting, it's more often the user or the rifle (inconsistent ammo or bedding problems, for example).

Never had to warranty any scopes, so have not had to go down that road.

Much of the negative criticism about Bushnell comes from their lower grade "WalMart" scopes not performing up to the same level as $1200 Leupolds, which is hardly a fair comparison... and not reasonable to have that kind of expectation, you certainly do get what you pay for and once you're into the $800 range most scopes are pretty darned good.

~NH3
    NFA, CCFR, BCWF

Quote Originally Posted by Night Hawk 3 View Post
    The scopes are rarely the issue with poor shooting, it's more often the user or the rifle (inconsistent ammo or bedding problems, for example).
    If that were most often the case, than switching out a shitty Bushnell for a Leupold would have ZERO effect on accuracy. Though I can understand that switching to a Leupold could raise a shooters confidence, and thus improve groups........

Quote Originally Posted by Night Hawk
    Much of the negative criticism about Bushnell comes from their lower grade "WalMart" scopes not performing up to the same level as $1200 Leupolds, which is hardly a fair comparison... and not reasonable to have that kind of expectation, you certainly do get what you pay for and once you're into the $800 range most scopes are pretty darned good.
    Um, NO, the guys who get burned by Bushnell's are very specific about make/model, as most cannot not afford to throw good money away on the same garbage. I see 3200/4200/6500 tags on a fair number of "My Scope Shit the Bed" threads......