Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5-13c

5-13c

My son and I drew a ''shared moose'' hunt for 5-13c- and we are booked into Fishpot lake resort for the last week of September.I have never hunted this area - any advice etc would be most welcome.Wearen't looking for a big bull- a nice 3 year old would be most welcome.Do you drive roads, or hunt slashes ?

2. Site Sponsor

if i was u i would just drive the roads...should be hard to fill ur tags around that area..
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

5-13c

did you mean''should be hard'' or ''shouldn't be hard''to fill your tag?I've never hunted that area-what is the country like?And, although our tag is for a bull, what is the deer hunting like?[ white tail?Mulies?]I have a bear tag, but will probably use that here on Vancouver Island-I do like a nice fall bear- makes great smoked hams

oops ment shouldnt be hard...i have hunted more of 5-13b...some one to get some advice on the are from would be willyqbc or swamper...they both live there...deer hunting there u should be able to tag a mulie buck...bears well when i was up there last year i seee a hole lot of bears but didnt havea bear tag..so u could tag a bear there too...
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

5-13c

I didn't know what season to pick[ it's split-up to september 30 and the second one October on]so I took the september opening- and am told thats a little early , but I'm heading off for the last week of my tag-up to september 30th.Is it worth trying calling?And- are the moose typically moving at daybreak and evening- or anytime of the day?[I have shot over 50 deer, but only one moose, up in Kinbasket lake area a couple of years ago- so I am not really familiar with moose hunting.We took that one late in the day, driving the logging roads and checking out the slashes.

pm sent to ya...

rbf...Sept. 30 should be into the rut, so calling will work. Also I understand the owners of Fishpot are more than happy to help out with pointing you in the right direction. Best of luck to you.

5-13c

I'd sure like to her from anybody else who has hunted that area.

Send a PM to Willyqbc. He has hunted that area quite extensively and should be able to give you some advice. If it's still Pete Carter that runs Fishpot he is a pretty good guy and will be able to help out.

I haven't hunted C in quite few years, been spending most of my time in A and B so I can't really remember where the boundaries are to give you any advice on specific areas. As far as how to get your moose.........

We took that one late in the day, driving the logging roads and checking out the slashes.
    ...................sounds like you got it pretty well figured out to me!! I will try to find a map with the zones to refresh my memory and will have some more info for you!

Chris
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson