Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New to Canada and Looking for a Hunting Buddy

New to Canada and Looking for a Hunting Buddy

Hello, I just moved to Langley, BC from West Virginia, I hunted my whole life and harvested near 100 deer. My Wife is Canadian and that is why I live here now. My permanent residence papers should be coming in this November, Lord willing, and then I'll be allowed to start on all the paper work of getting legal to Hunt BC as a resident but until then I am not allowed to harvest an animal without spending a lot of money for out of country permits and I would be required to hire a guide, or find someone with the right paper work to accompany me. So I am trying to make the best of this season and instead of releasing the arrow myself or pulling the trigger I am asking someone to let me tag along on one of their hunts this year. I would prefer many but I will be happy with what trips I can get. I am not a city boy and I need to get to Gods country. I am not used to these wilds, they are much different then what I'm used to. So what I am looking for is someone to show me the ropes on how to hunt these parts, as well as the different game. I am used to hunting White tail deer, Turkey, Squirrel, rabbit, and ground hogs. I know there is a wider selection of game in BC and there is a lot to learn for myself. In return for anyone letting me tag along and teaching me tips and tricks in hunting these wilds I would help you with anything you need on the hunt, from carrying the game, cleaning the game, butchering and processing, and carrying gear. I am interested most in learning locations and helpful information on hunting deer that is within a few hours drive from me in Langley, so that when I am allowed to hunt I'll know somewhere to go for the weekends. I am up for any trip or any game though. I am into traditional bow hunting but I also own rifles and shotgun so if there is anyone out there that wants to make a friend and show him the ropes I would love to tag along, Thanks!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: New to Canada and Looking for a Hunting Buddy

Welcome to the best place on earth. You must be excited. Maybe tell the world a little more about yourself, age, vehicle, what days you like to hunt etc. Help narrow down the potentials. Many on here will help, some will even reach out. Some, like myself find more and more friends finally wanting to start coming with me so I have my hands full this year. PM me if you get you papers and want some info on the lower mainland hunting. Best of luck.
    I use camouflage flagging tape when in the bush, that way no one see's my trails or follows me into my spots.

PM sent...I'm in Kamloops. I have visited your corner of the USA. I was in North Carolina last fall and had a good visit with some local hunters there.

How much weight can you pack? And do you love caribou meat?
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

haha just spit coffee Dave.

I would be happy to help you as long as you disown FOX News.

I live in White Rock, newbie hunter, but want to get out every weekend if I can.

Thanks for the responses everyone. Well I'm 23, I drive a Toyota Tacoma 4x4, I can tag along any day of the week but weekends are best. As far as packing goes I'm a strong guy I can handle a lot. I haven't tried caribou meat but I'd love to. And as far as new goes I find most of them biased ether one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    How much weight can you pack? And do you love caribou meat?
    Lol, I don't if its funnier the fact that you said it or that he doesn't get it....yet
    "It's not a sport, it's a way of life. Enjoy every moment and every moment is a reward. Taking an animal is the objective but pleasure is found in the entire experience." - J_T

I guess there's something I missed