Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: how do u guys finish off a wounded deer

Hybrid View

Re: how do u guys finish off a wounded deer

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    what is a "ferternity?"
    Maybe it's like when you and your wife want to have a child.....and you have to screw forever......just saying.

2. Site Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    what is a "ferternity?"
    LOL !

targ shoot with your bow more or dont take as far of shots so that you will get a kill shot.....

If you spine a deer you will need to finish it and another arrow can do the job.

A little off on your yardage or a deer trying to duck your arrow and you have a spine hit it can happen even at close range to anyone. I don't care how well you shoot foam animals can move.

Quote Originally Posted by 91Jason91 View Post
    targ shoot with your bow more or dont take as far of shots so that you will get a kill shot.....
    Its stupid answers like this that reck this site.

Quote Originally Posted by 91Jason91 View Post
    Yes, because in the real world things always go perfectly to plan and everyone who spends lots of time practicing never, ever ends up making a less than perfect shot....

Always one shot instant kills, have taken advice from all the self proclaimed super marksman on this site. Thank all of you for your uncanny insight into ballistics, angle of shot, moisture content of air and windage. A great help when I am winded heart pumping and full of buck fever, but most of all wearing the correct underwear

Cheers BIGSLIM
    Courage is being scared to death
    But saddling up anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by bigslim View Post
    Always one shot instant kills, have taken advice from all the self proclaimed super marksman on this site. Thank all of you for your uncanny insight into ballistics, angle of shot, moisture content of air and windage. A great help when I am winded heart pumping and full of buck fever, but most of all wearing the correct underwear

Cheers BIGSLIM

LOL thanks needed a morning smile!

Yes, if possible fling another arrow (or two). You won't be spoiling much meat and it will end the suffering more quickly.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

i do target practice twice a week for about an hour each time, my question was more geared toward a situation if i was to make a bad shot and now i have a wounded animal on my hands and i would like to dispatch quickly and humanely, people giving me answers like ie:a shovel, nunchuks, why do you wanna know? dont actually do me anygood.

I know shovel and nunchucks don't really help but they really make for some giggles. Now, back to the question..... Just pull out my 357 magnum and put one in it's head, then..........
    I use camouflage flagging tape when in the bush, that way no one see's my trails or follows me into my spots.