Page 82 of 83 FirstFirst ... 327280818283 LastLast

Thread: No moose hunting in Area 5

Re: No moose hunting in Area 5

the "new area" is 5-13 A and is 872286 ha also 5-14a 40965 ha..also 5-13a 592462 ha there IS a reason for a concentrated special area..

I STILL maintain there will be no assault or kidnapping or violence condoned by the band or chief and enough folks know of the threats to ensure legitimate hunters are protected.

I do not trust the govt BUT I HAVE ABSOLUTE CONFIDENCE IN THE LOCAL C/O LEADER LEN....

steven

bandit is offline Passionate pointer parent

Problem solved it seems. No disruptions for the LEh this year.

http://www.bcwf.net/images/stories/C...RO_RELEASE.pdf

not to add fuel to the fire but i was just up hunting in the Fort St John area this past weekend and got into a conversation with some enviroment people. I mentioned what was going on in region 5. One of the people I was talking to let me know that this is just the begining. She said that first nations as a whole in BC are trying to take over wildlife management and the policing of it. I never seen any documentation of this but am only repeating what I heard. Not sure if there is any truth to it but she does work for the ministry.
    Hoyt Vectrix Plus, Blazer vanes, Victory shafts with Tekan II mechanical bh. Truglo sight

NEWS RELEASE
    For Immediate Release2012FOR0149
    001257Aug. 30, 2012Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource OperationsTl’etinqoxt’in Government Office
    Moose management agreement reached in Chilcotin
    WILLIAMS LAKE – Additional moose management measures announced today for theTl’etinqox
    t’in Territory in the Chilcotin demonstrate a strong shared interest in protecting themoose population.The B.C. government and the Tl’etinqoxt’in Government Office (Anaham Band) have resolvedto immediately implement a joint resource stewardship plan to recover the moose populationin the Anaham Range, and mitigate potential causes for their recent decline.Specific elements of a resource stewardship plan are being finalized. The plan will allow the B.C.government and the Tl’etinqox to work together with forest industry and wildlife stakeholdersto reduce land use and hunting impacts that have resulted in unusually low moose densities inthis area.Specific initiatives include:
    The Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations and the Tl’etinqox willjointly engage in hunter harvest monitoring, and management of predators and feralhorses.
    In cooperation with forest companies operating in the area, road deactivation plans tomanage access to sensitive moose habitat will start without delay.
    Forest companies have also agreed to schedule their forest harvesting activities toavoid conflict with guide outfitters operating in the area.
    The Tl’etinqoxt’in Government Office confirms there will be no disruptions to the 2012Limited Entry Hunt.
    The ministry has already commissioned an independent analysis of moosemanagement in the Cariboo, and results of that work will help inform futuremanagement decisions.
    Numbers of Limited Entry Hunt authorizations for moose will be reevaluated for the2013 season, in line with a reduced annual allowable harvest.The B.C. government and the Tl’etinqoxt’in Government Office also confirm their intention tocontinue working collaboratively into the future on issues of wildlife and habitat management.These immediate and longer term measures will add significantly to the collective ability of theB.C. government and First Nations to improve moose populations.
    Quotes:Steve Thomson, Minister of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations –
    “These actions ensure certainty for all those with an interest in wildlife management in theAnaham Range. More importantly they are concrete steps in establishing the long termsustainability of the moose population in the region.”“I commend the ministry staff, First Nations, the BC Wildlife Federation and forest companiesincluding Tolko, West Fraser and BC Timber Sales, all of who worked so hard to find commonground.”
    Chief Joe Alphonse, Tl’etinqox
    t’in Government Office –
    “The conservation and sustainability of moose is a common concern of all involved. We need tosee moose in our backyards 100 years from now!”“This has been a long process, and I am heartened that we have come to an agreement. TheTl’etinqox Government Office will not have to resort to actions to block moose huntingactivities. The plan announced today addresses the need for specific stewardship strategiesthat focuses on our Aboriginal traditions and land values.”“It’s known that First Nations communities in the Cariboo have the highest level of sustenanceuse of wildlife in the province. Loss of habitat through the pine beetle epidemic, timberharvesting, road access, predation, the complex
    type forest fires of 2010, and hunting have allcaused reduction of moose in our area, impacting our right to harvest wildlife.
    Donna Barnett, MLA, Cariboo
    Chilcotin –
    “I am pleased the Tl’etinqox
    t’in Government Office, stakeholders and ministry staff have beenable to resolve the issue. This is another example of how working together we can moveforward in the best interests of all.”
    Bill Bosch, president, BC Wildlife Federation –
    “It is our common objective that our communities have the opportunities to hunt moose in thisand other areas in the province for generations to come for the cultural, social and economicbenefits from this activity.”
    Quick Facts:
    In 2011, there were roughly 185,000 moose in the province.
    The Limited Entry Hunt for Region 5 (Cariboo) will open on Sept. 10, 2012.
    Learn More:
    To learn more about moose population declines, including in the Cariboo and Chilcotin,visit: http://ow.ly/dlJFY
    Media Contacts:Brennan ClarkeMedia RelationsMinistry of Forests, Lands andNatural Resource Operations250 356
    5261Chief Joe AlphonseTl’etinqoxt’in Government Office250 3058282
    Connect with the Province of B.C. at: www.gov.bc.ca/connect
    "Don't tell me how far you shot, tell me how close you got."
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”
    "He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Quote Originally Posted by f350ps View Post
    This just reeks GOABC, you can put money on that! K
    Does anybody know who holds the G.O. license or licenses for the area? I for one think this little muscle flex is just the thin edge of the wedge, it's gonna get nasty! K

Quote Originally Posted by f350ps View Post
    Does anybody know who holds the G.O. license or licenses for the area? I for one think this little muscle flex is just the thin edge of the wedge, it's gonna get nasty! K

Well folks I will let you know I start my hunt on the 10th in 5-13 I am heading directly into the MU at Alexis Creek or rather Redstone and going straight north of there (no further directions from this guy) We happened to pull off a group LEH and will be coming home with 2 bulls for our group regardless.

This is an extremley large hunting MU with excellent moose population, regardless of what the FN say. We have seen the FN folks selling cow moose meat just recently, they do not own this area and in fact do not own the area the squat on either.

from an unreliable source tonight... I heard band members are going to follow hunters around and honk their horns and make a huge racket...

if they do... at least they scare the moose for everyone

Horn honking was a traditional method of intimidating their enemies before a big battle. Sometimes just a few Braves, with exceptionaly large honkers, could scare off a large war party. Some of the mens horns were very long and on extended raiding trips, away from the women, the saying "blow your own horn" came into being.

Quote Originally Posted by warnniklz View Post
    from an unreliable source tonight... I heard band members are going to follow hunters around and honk their horns and make a huge racket...

if they do... at least they scare the moose for everyone
    I harvest carrots. I kill animals.