Page 34 of 83 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: No moose hunting in Area 5

Re: No moose hunting in Area 5

Quote Originally Posted by Islandbowhunter View Post
    Okay, so here's the call to action!

I have spent several hours crafting a petition letter, and it is now ready.

I believe Steve Thomson, Minister of Forests Lands & Natural Resource Operations, would be the best addressee. Can I get a consensus, it needs to be specifically addressed to the most relevant person...
    I would suggest you also include Tom Ethier (Assistant Deputy Minister) , the MLA's for our Region (Bob Simpson, Donna Barnet, and Gary Coons) and the local MFLNRO Director of Resource Management - Cariboo Region (Rodger Stewart).

If you want to keep the BCWF in the loop, I would suggest Bill Bosch (President) , myself (Tony Koett Region 5 President) , Wilf Pfleiderer (Wildlife Allocation Chair), and Al Martin, (Strategic Planning and Federal Hunting & Fishing Advisory Panel).

I will sign, flipping ridiculous, natives or whatever there calling them selves so we don't hurt there feelings.get to pick and choose and the folks who have worked hard get shafted, this needs to stop never met a non native selling salmon out of there trunk

I have the signatures coming in strong

And then there were four! Remember we need original signatures.

@Squirrelnuts: True, but I think we need to have it in people's hands well before then, at least before the season starts???

@TPK: I believe you have the document now, can I simply add addressee's names to it? We would need to make any edits asap, so everybody has the exact same document being signed. If there are any changes, I will re-send the revised document. This will not change the message or context, simply addressees. PM me if necessary.

Thanks for getting together on this!
    Whatever...I'm going hunting

Just FYI guys...other than Steven's allusions, posts 329 and 330 are worth a re-read.

Good on ya IBH and other guys for pitching in, just be aware of what we're doing.
    I believe this is directed at any or all of Big Timber, Non-Native GO's, and even possibly the loose cannons in the Chilcotin Tribe who "kill 'em all". (Wouldn't THAT be sweet?!)

I don't think this was really directed at us.......but we got caught in the crossfire.

Thanks Dude, I appreciate your input.

I think we need to stay focused and away from any of the racist language, stereotypes, etcetera, it will lead nowhere but loss of credibility, respect, and opportunity to dialogue.

I believe what we're doing is asserting our rights, not detracting from those of others...has it been perceived differently? I sure hope not, at least not what I've contributed.

Some have not learned to edit themselves and respond appropriately. Yes it's frustrating, but keep it together.

If the letter wasn't directed at us, it shouldn't have been addressed to us.
    Whatever...I'm going hunting

I would have liked to have thrown in "Predator Control Funding" but this would mean thinking years ahead. The brutal over-harvest of pregnant cows and any calf shows that this is not a very long-term thinking, pay-it-forward sector of the populace. That's as blunt as I can get on here.

And yeah guys, keep the low brow stuff out of it. Read more into this, and take the high road.

count me in . my i suggest if the moderators could make a sticky on this forum so it can be easily access to all , instead of geeting lost in the 30 + pages.

Kevin

IBH, PM sent.

DD

Quote Originally Posted by Islandbowhunter View Post
    I think we need to stay focused and away from any of the racist language, stereotypes, etcetera, it will lead nowhere but loss of credibility, respect, and opportunity to dialogue.

If the letter wasn't directed at us, it shouldn't have been addressed to us.

BINGO!!!! A very smart observation and post...

Have you ever won an argument with a woman by starting it off by calling her names???

Keep it direct, factual and honest.... We will see where it goes...

And lastly, keep up the good work..
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main