Page 8 of 67 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: The start of a Booner Season..

Re: The start of a Booner Season..

He's definitely got potential - and I'd love to find one like him for the kids this fall - but if I'm gonna make this a booner season, I'll have to pass deer like this up. I wish I'd managed a better picture of his friend - as I'm pretty sure he was a good'er.

He's got some good bases, potential is definitely there. LOTS of feed and still 60 or so days of growing left.

I'd like to be able to keep an eye on this guy and his buddy over the next two months just to understand antler growth a little better. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll see these guys again - due to their location.

Saw a pair of bucks about a month ago, the small one had head gear like the one in your pic. His big bro had bone out past the ears already, looked like bike handle bars.
    That one I would like to catch up to, but when he is outside the park.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Some good velvet pics. I've been trying to get some early velvet pics but some bucks ain't playing nice, hiding their racks behind trees and brush. They are growing well and in a few weeks we should be able to tell what they may become by the end.

Went to Christina Lake for the weekend. BC Women's Amateur golf championship starts tomorrow and I've got 4 students in the field. Combined taking the girls through a practice round with a short camping trip with my GF (and no kids)..

Went for a pretty good hike yesterday and found a pretty promising elk area - tons of sign. Saw a nice 4x4 mulie - but he didn't stick around long enough for pictures. On the way home, I spotted this lanky bear not too far from Greenwood. Sorry about the blurry pics - was zoomed in 140X

Moved like a big bear - but ears looked big for the head and belly was a long way from the ground. I figured a few guys would be interested in the black phase with brown muzzle.

Not real easy taking pics of animals 400 yards away - this is about all I got:

Saw a decent 3 point mulw deer near Midway - but a damn cyclist scared him away before I could snap a pic. Lots of WT's between Rock Creek and Kelowna. Anyone have this issue with whitetails? Seems they are pretty good at hiding their heads behind trees. This was a doe - but it sure seems to be the WT MO..

A good weekend - but not much to report in the way of pictures. I'm definitely interested in the CL area though - might have to make a trip down there in the fall to see if the area I liked can produce my first bull elk..

nice pics!
    Originally Posted by olympia
    if your worried bout ticks than you aint never been bit by a snake while pissing...try gettin your hunting partner to suck the poison out

Loving this thread. Awesome pictures.