Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Head shots

Re: Head shots

Quote Originally Posted by reach View Post
    Worst. Trolling. Thread. Ever.

Fixed it for ya.

Bow Walker Guest

Why resurrect an asinine thread like this one?

I have met Bartell, but have been sworn to secrecy about his true identity..However, I would suggest starting by looking here....

http://dosequis.com/academy/
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

Dave that was amazing! Do you know anything more of the story? Like did he actually mean to shoot it in the head or was he exhausted from the chase and make a lucky bad shot? "What The Fuddle Duddle" was he thinking? LOL That was incredible!!! LOL
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

the head is tough,and bone can deflect arrows and the skull is the hardest of all,now i was allways told that deer wolf pig etc have brains as big as a walnut,so to hit it for a clean kill is very very hard,on the other hand the vitals are a much bigger target and dont move as much as a head.after all it is a clean kill i want,and not to make any animal suffer.

Bow Walker Guest

Bear brains, pig brains, deer brains are about the size of a baseball - or a field hockey ball. I've cracked enough skulls to have seen first-hand the size of the brains. Only one I haven't actually seen is a bear's brain - but given the comparative size of the skull, it's definitely larger than a walnut, or a golf ball, more like a softball.

thats great info,im like it when i get to know something new,would you say that a head is a harder target than the vitals due to its constant movement.

Bow Walker Guest

Archery head shots is something that is definitely not recommended.

I have done it - once - as a coupe de grace shot on a stationary deer. I took the shot from less than 15 yards - a gimme type of shot at that range.

I have contemplated it on a buck that was facing me in deep ferns - he was only 10 yards away and all I could see was his upper neck and head.

I passed and am glad I did.

I usually take headshots with Blunts... If you hit them in the antler or the base of the head it will knock em out!
    gives time for you to run up and sleeper hold it...
    -A Hungry Dog Hunts Best-