Thread: Great weekend in Trail

Great weekend in Trail

Kudos to the West Kootenay Archers in Trail for putting on their usual high-quality 3D shoot this past weekend. This is truly one of the most enjoyable venues around and the weather couldn't have been better. Lots of camping/visiting around campfires and great fun in general, even though there were a couple minor hills these old bones creaked on. My granddaughter placed well in her category and I managed to bury myself in the middle of my pack. Thanks to all the volunteers who made this a great success as always.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Great weekend in Trail

OUCH! I think you're talking about my "little" hills. Big Rod did have his hands around my throat for that. Sorry, will reroute next time. Was a fun time though.
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

A and B were great. C was a little hilly but still enjoyable none the less. Lots of long shots which was fun. Had to eyeball a 50yard pin for my fiancé! Definitely one of my favorite shoots and after getting my bow dialed in I shot great. Took home $130 for the extreme shoot and a 1st place trophy for the Men's Unlimited. Can't wait till next year! Awesome shoot!! Thanks again!

Glad to hear you guys had a good time. "C" course wasn't nearly as hilly to shoot as it was to set up. I dropped the head of the wolf while setting it up and it rolled all the way to the power line at the bottem of the hill.
    ~ If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting. ~ Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck2 View Post
    Kudos to the West Kootenay Archers in Trail for putting on their usual high-quality 3D shoot this past weekend. This is truly one of the most enjoyable venues around and the weather couldn't have been better. Lots of camping/visiting around campfires and great fun in general, even though there were a couple minor hills these old bones creaked on. My granddaughter placed well in her category and I managed to bury myself in the middle of my pack. Thanks to all the volunteers who made this a great success as always.
    I just think it's awesome that you take your grandaughter to compete in 3D archery shoots. Kudos to YOU, Sir!