Yup, you bet. Everyone has their own opinion. This for sure is a hunting forum and the reason we are all here is because we all enjoy the sport. Nobody ever said there is anything wrong blood in a photo, it is absolutely part of what we all do. There are lots here that don't mind the gory photos either and that is their prerogative. I also totally agree that there will be those that even think that posing with a dead creature is distasteful and disrespectful to the dead animal but i'm pretty certain that it will be those photos that depict extreme blood and gore that will get the most negative responses. We all know that hunting involves some crimson and I for one am one happy hunter when my hands and arms are covered in it, it means I was successful and that is a great day. I also agree with photos such as "Shooter's" they are great, they depict events of the hunt and help with our fond memories of the experience. Absolutely nothing wrong with it. Guns and bows are also part of the hunt and should be part of the memories, we are proud of our choice of quarry and it should be part of your photos.

I think that all Coach I were talking about is if you are going to take a photo of your prize, take some time to make it look appealing. If you don't feel that is necessary or really don't care then so be it, this thread then really isn't for you. Each to their own. I for one think that people would appreciate my photo with my prize animal if it had the least amount of blood and gore as possible. Sometimes it's not always possible and most people understand that. A little effort can go a long way. The techniques I learned were from a very respected and accomplished taxidermist. I wonder how many people have their trophy animal mounted with bullet holes, tongues out and covered in blood because that is the way it expired...

Like Coach said on the start of this thread, it's about helping others to take a better photo, not to criticize. If you are interested in learning how to take a quality photo with your freshly harvested game, then read on, if not then it is your choice to move onto another thread.

'Blainer' - Great pronghorn photo, I think the blue sky in the background works well. As said before, sometimes it's not always practical to get all the blood out of the photo, your prong horn just has bright lipstick on. If it bothered you, you could always try and convert the photo to B&W. Ive done that before with success.

'Bow Walker' - Very good on the laying down pose, ears look natural too and it looks like you may have positioned the bow to cover any wounds.

Here are a few of my own.

Pine bow to cover some ugly holes.