Thread: Rambo DOWN!!!

Rambo DOWN!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 4.jpg 
Views:	2222 
Size:	8.4 KB 
ID:	3650

RAMBO DOWN!!

My friend was lucky to pull a Bighorn sheep LEH in region 8 this year. He had been out a few times before and had seen a few rams but was unable to get a shot on one. The guy he was hunting with had to go back to work so he called me out to see what we could do.

We headed for the hills before day break and were sitting in position when the sun was coming up. We were seeing nothing and decided to move along a few ridges and gutters to see if we could find the herd. After about 15 -20 minutes of hiking we located a nice little watering hole that had four bears in it. Mamma bear was feeding with her three cubs on the berry bushes, and was getting some water, and going for a morning swim. We sat and watched them for about 10 mins or so. Mamma was black in color with one cub being a nice cinnamon color.

At 08:00 we decided to move south of the watering hole as there was a nice ridge we could glass down with some fields below. As we were moving for the ridge top we saw two ewes heading north towards the watering hole. We sat and held or postion as we figured more would be behind them. We sat and watched three more ewes move towards the watering hole. We were so zoned in on the ewes infront of us that we didn't notice the 10 rams that were 150 yards beside us. My buddy slowley moved into a good comfortable shooting position when they caught our wind and took off. I thought it was over and they were gone. We moved to see where they had gone as they had ran between two small hills behind the ewes, and BOOM there they were 100 yards away from us just standing there.

We slowly took up a nice shooting spot at a fallen tree, and buddy squeezed off his first round. The ram and his entourage took off, the ram was running full speed as if he hadn't even been hit. Buddy fired another shot that round hit the inside of his left horn and penetrated beind his eye, and still he ran. He ran up a hill to the north of us then he just hit the ground like a rock. We watched him and coud not believe he took two 100 yard 7mm shots in the boiler room and ran full speed.

After watching him for a bit we went and field dressed him and loaded him up, we almost rolled the quad two times, and 5 hrs in total to get him home. It was a great hunt and was pleased that on my first time going with him we were able to land this great ram.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Rambo DOWN!!!

great job ,how old was that ram

We counted the annual rings and he was 8 years old.

thats a beauty nice one

nice ram, would love to see some better pics, maybe a bit bigger in size.
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Very nice ram. Congradulations.
    Nothing is like climbing a mountain, and then feeling like you are at the top of the world.

congradulations...well done Gentlemen.....its a good day to be alive...

thanks for sharing..

steven

Nicely done.

I can hardly wait for the sheep police (drama queens) to show up and start there drama fest to this one also.
    Quote Originally Posted by burger View Post
    Sorry Ozone you are correct

Looks like a good lookin ram. Congrats!!

Gotta post some better pics!!

thanx,,, i moment worry about real rambo---- but gongrats about fine ram.....