Thread: Yeast infection in my Labs ear.

Yeast infection in my Labs ear.

I am wondering if anyone has this problem with their Lab? Mine gets it almost every time she is in the water. I dry her ears really well, but she still gets the infection. Is there another way of dealing with this rather than getting antibiotics from the vets? Thanks.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Yeast infection in my Labs ear.

does the ear stink real bad

The vet gave me some kinda solution to clean my labs ears with. His ears stunk real bad from a yeast infection. I was told twice per day and I (mostly) followed the instructions but the infection was ongoing and just wouldn't clear up. I ran out of solution and his ears cleared up on their own. We haven't been in the water much lately though and this summer has been pretty dry. I don't really have an answer for you man, I know you can't keep her from the water that would just be cruel. You might try a solution from the vet, they make some that you put in after they've been in the water that is supposed to help dry them and fight off infection.

Best treatment is Surolan. 10 days and the ears will be like new again. The vet recommends a weekly flush with boric acid/ISO alcohol to keep it from coming back.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

swimers ear wash Vinigar and hydrogen peroxide works well you can get the recipe on line. I have the ratio mix but not here with me if you cant find it on line pm me
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

If it does get infected, don't use the cleaning solution, as the vet tells me it will just cause irritation and hurt like hell. Only use the cleaner before the infection as a preventative measure. Use only the Surolan if the infection takes hold.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !