Thread: Norton Lake?

Norton Lake?

Has anyone been able to make it to Norton Lake this year or last? I know it says from about 10 -12 km in on the Indian river FSR, coming from squamish, that it is washed out. And if you can get through, is it worth it? anyone ever had anyluck hunting in that area?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Norton Lake?

Huge deactivation across the road. I know some guys have gotten across with their quads but were talking winching up and down a substantial drop off into the deactivaton. Never hunted there but seen a few bears and such but it has been a while since going.
    I didnt even know I knew how to ninja roll...but its my new move in a pinch....

but if anyone could point me in the right direction for dirty hookers, it would be much appreciated. And possibly a lawyer

That area is closed to motor vehicles. They really don't want you in there at all.
    WS

Oh well, thanks for the info saves me a trip.

The reason they closed this area is that they transplanted an elk herd in there a few years ago. The idea is to let the herd get a good foothold without human intervention. I've been told they are doing quite well.
    The gate at about 4 mile on the Mamquam FSR is usually locked and the high snow levels have made the road impassable at best, not to mention the heavy deactivation. The only way to get in there is on foot, and it still wouldn't be an easy hike.
    WS

...................annnnddd...... the bridge is gone.