Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What Kind of Grub everyone feeding your dog?

Re: What Kind of Grub everyone feeding your dog?

Orijen, made in Alberta. Was voted #1 dog food in north america by some institute down in the States..for what thats worth. Works for my dogs anyway. They also get 1/4 cup raw beef with there food.

Quote Originally Posted by jikkyo View Post
    When I first had Jin, I fed him 2 bags of what my breeder fed him; Pinnacle. Then I switched him to Orijen, then Before Grain, then Acana. After doing lots of research, I decided to try Kirland Lamb&Rice. That's right, Costco-brand! The food is actually pretty good quality and at 28$/40lbs, it is super great value.

He's doing great on Kirkland and I supplement with raw meats/bones and fish oil.
    Yeah I feed both of mine the kirkland now and find no difference from when i was feeding them Orijen or Acana. I also pressure can all the scrap meat and trimmings from cutting up our deer, elk, moose, bear or whatever else. They love it.
    ~ If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting. ~ Aristotle

"Yeah I feed both of mine the kirkland now and find no difference from when i was feeding them Orijen or Acana."

Yes but kirkland is a pretty good dog food. In my experience (which I can't prove) when the results of feeding good dog food show's up is when the dog's get older.

Nutro Natural Choice Large Breed Dog Food for Puppies. Straight dry food, it's what the breeder had him on, doesn't seem to be too bad. Any Nutro opinions out there? After reading this, I may switch out to Kirkland when the puppy stage is over.

Raw beef and veg mix that we prepare ourselves mixed with NRG grainless dehydrated salmon ($200/box lasts 2-3 months) (fresh salmon in the fall).

Lean ground beef ($20/month) from the grocer mixed with carrots, spinach, squash, apple, banana and sometimes beets (yuck)($10/month).

Raw beef bones (free from a buddy that butchers cattle)

Spirit has been on the same diet since we picked him up from our breeder. He's now 70lbs of solid tail wagging muscle.

cwf
    'try not, do or do not, there is no try'-YODA

http://pdgf.pitapata.com/UT71m7.png

http://pdgf.pitapata.com/Tx3Zm7.png

We've been feeding our dog blue buffalo. I was feeding her the Eukanuba game meat dog food but it was taken off the shelves for a couple months due to contamination issues. We were referred to 'Blue Buffalo' during this time and have since stuck with it. It is made from all natural ingredients, has more real meat that most other dog foods, and also has anti-oxident rich fruits in it as well. Its a little more expensive but after some research i couldn't really find anything else that was healthier. Solid dumps and shes loves it. http://www.bluebuffalo.com/
    Kill Em And Grill Em

Nutro for my baby.
    It's only when you see a mosquito land on your testicles that you realize there are other ways to deal with problems than violence.

Nutro Venison and Brown Rice.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Quote Originally Posted by Everett View Post
    A bowl of Presidents choice lamb and rice and a half to full pound of raw deer, bear, moose and elk trim per day. They also get rice and vegatables every so often.
    Raw bear? You don't worry about trich? Dogs can get it as easily as humans.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Quote Originally Posted by MillBay View Post
    "Yeah I feed both of mine the kirkland now and find no difference from when i was feeding them Orijen or Acana."

Yes but kirkland is a pretty good dog food. In my experience (which I can't prove) when the results of feeding good dog food show's up is when the dog's get older.

Yah as I said in a previous post on this subject I switched from Iams to Super Store's PC brand(which is made by Iams at least at this point) and the dogs showed no differance in condition appatite stool output etc. The only thing is when you use a "Houst Brand" you really have to pay attention to your dogs condition, appatite and the look of the food cuz they contract out the manufacture of it so at the end of a contract you may be getting a whole different product in the same bag. Iams today Pedigree to-morrow.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.