I will talk everyday to anyone who will listen to my plan, and in turn I will listen to theirs.
I have a 'no name' lake picked out North of Tuya (Dease Lk), same kind of mountains as Tuya, for the middle of Sept. The lake is 4500 ft. so no timber which is fine, but it would be nice to have a fire when I return back to camp, but not this year. There are some rough areas according to my maps that look as if they might hold rams...but maybe only goats.
I love hunting caribou, hence the timing, so I am going to look over some bulls and maybe find a bruiser, that will work for me too. Probably a good idea to get a goat tag too...my partner killed a Booner last year while I had no tag. Good fun just the same.
It's exciting to look over a new basin that you just spent the last three hours climbing into and maybe make some soup and spend the afternoon. I will always try to camp in a good spot that offers a good panorama, so I'm still hunting, while I'm waiting for water to boil or my coffee to cool. They are usually crap places to sleep, but I can glass till dark and first thing in the morning.
I have a new partner this year...ya, ya, I know what you're thinking...but I have worked and hunted with him in the past and he pulls his weight; so I hope it works out, I would like to see him kill a caribou at least.
Anyone have 'the best laid plans' they wan to share?