Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Hunting in Okanagan

Re: Hunting in Okanagan

Whad abou the nor okanagan?
    MU 8-26 cuz yoo dint tink dare waz deer dare. WRONG!
    You can shoot pheasants in the main valley and head up into the hills for good mule deer hunting reach out from Mabel Lake road and Trinity Valley road it turns off at 10 K east of Enderby.
    You might see an access but might have problems on some with Private Land in between can cause some locals to lose their cool.
    Some of the best hunting areas are beyond these several roads with the access problems but ask around and meet some locals and hunt with some of the "incrowd", buy em a beer and attend the local fish and game club get togethers.
    Jel .. chit chat over a smoothie in the summer and ask a few questions also. This is about hunting not the CIA
    Last edited by Jelvis; 03-05-2011 at 05:42 PM.

If you want to hunt the most excellent area for mule deer it is the Pass Creek area north of Grand Forks in MU 8-15.
    This is excellent deer hunting area and so you get the other hunters in all shapes and sizes hunting here as well. Hey, who cares if your in the right spot at the right time you get a shot, otherwise keep going your going to see a deer.
    Sheep were transplanted here years ago and when sheep are put in an area, it's mule deer winter range and habitat.
    Take the road north from Grand Forks along the Granby River.
    then choose a road off shoot of this one and hunt or keep going all the way along til you see a nice situation.
    This road runs to Edgewood on Arrow Lake.
    excellent mule deer hunting up Pass Creek 21 km north of Grand Forks.
    OR AND
    Christina Lake has great deer hunting in all the hills around the lake.
    You can get access to good mule deer hunting from Hwy 3 itself.
    You want to try here the old Santa Rosa Summit road ( are you kidding me) Whoa! Drive right out of the Christina Lake Village up the Santa Rosa where the bucks are. Try it you'll love it.
    Go for gos or leh on elk in this MU 8-15 in the area between Christina Lake and the Paulson bridge.
    Jel .. MU 8-15 .. Grandby River -- Christina Lake ... You owe it to yourself to hunt here at least 8 times
    Always check reg's yourself first .. regulations can change and so can leh ..
    Last edited by Jelvis; 03-05-2011 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jelvis View Post
    Go for LEH on elk in this MU 8-15 in the area between Christina Lake and the Paulson bridge.
    Jel .. MU 8-15 .. Grandby River -- Christina Lake ... You owe it to yourself to hunt here at least 8 times

You owe it to yourself to get a new book. There's no LEH elk in 8-15 anymore. It is, fortunately, GOS now.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Maybe, soon who knows, you don't know the future no one does.
    Always check gos (general open season) and leh (limited entry hunting) for yourself each season these old time guys think they know it all. Hey learning the right way is important .. join a local shooting club
    Jel .. Check for yourself each year, don't just go by what some senior citizen thinks he knows.
    Last edited by Jelvis; 03-06-2011 at 05:09 PM.

I remember when I got my first car a station wagon and when I turned 19 I exsplored every slash I could find do the same thing and you will find if you are not 19 then head out with someone that is 19 or older to exsplore..
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

From the U.S. border to OK Falls. MU 8-01 Access from Hwys 3 and 97.
    from Oliver via Fairview road (west) and Camp Mckinney Road (east).
    access into southern part of 8-01 from hwy 3 above Osoyoos .. the first from Osoyoos at 13 km and then 18k and finally 23k.
    Good deer, grouse and bear hunting.
    Check your backroads maps for detail and clarity of simple boundaries.
    Jel .. MU 8-01 .. Hot stuff .. Study maps, distance from intersections, directions, land marks like mountains and hills as well as water sources, lakes, creeks and rivers and elevation at certain spots you want to visit.
    Last edited by Jelvis; 03-06-2011 at 03:13 PM.

Alright guys,

.270 WSM or .270 Win or 30-06?
    Its not all about the kill, The real joy and pleasure is in the hunt.

270 and the 30-06 will do more then you need

Then when you get the hang of it get your self a 338 Win Mag, a 22, a 12ga, or 16ga, or 20ga we all need a 410 to play with, the list go's on and on and on.......
    Last edited by bearhunter338-06; 03-06-2011 at 04:42 PM.

Ok you want to hunt with some shots at deer or leh sheep, how about goat? You need a straight shooter, 3 to 12 power telescopic sight, .270 Winn. This is the Ashnola Range a fine hunting area.
    MU 8-03 the one and only Ashnola River road folks. Five K west of Keremeos you see it BAM! Turn off the Hwy 3 and crosses the, the, yes, hey can you pronounce this tung twister, the Similkameen on an old covered bridge, so saw weeet. Then up you go Hugo, into hunting paradise, driving through, down the middle of ah ah, open country, read my lips, o-p-e-n country and as your vehicle sales along you get into lightly timbered ridges with many fine trophy mule deer bucks to be seen roaming the open timberlands and grassy hillsides of this wonderful MU 8-3
    If a record mule deer buck doesn't fill that hunting season with elation, you can hunt for Cali's (California bighorn sheep) or try your luck and lungs for a white Rocky Mountain Goat with 10 incherz.
    MU 8-3 .. Ashnola -- Cathedral Lakes .. Trophy Hunting for Mule Deer, sheep and
    I got your goat .. Just go there and see for yourself .. or take a real good friend along .. 3 words ..
    .......................................beyond WORLD CLASS
    Last edited by Jelvis; 03-06-2011 at 05:05 PM.

[quote=Jelvis;872013]Ok K boyz and goilz I got a hunt for you in region 8 that will blow you away, hey, jel here, who else lol, I want you to hunt here take photo's here, shoot a nice buck here and put em on here.
    A place to start hunting and a place to keep going.
    MU 8-13 to the top, it's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll at the Summit of the Monashee.
    Hwy 5 is joined by the Christian Valley road from Westbridge on Hwy 33, in MU 8-14, about one third of the way in from the west.
    There is good whitetail and mule deer hunting to be found by simply hiking back a bit from Hwy 6 near the summit.
    ALSO, several roads that you can drive in off the Hwy 6 leading up to alpine country and some of the best mule deer hunting in the world in our B.C. Region 8 back yard.
    Take advantage of your hunting opportunity in thissy here .... Hunt$ of the Mona$hee $ummit ..

My Avatar photo is from the summit of the very mountains ol Jelly Bean is speaking of. Some of the nicest territory in all of B.C. in the Monashees North of Cherryville. Hunted by few but hiked by many. Outstanding spot for a high country early season velvet beast!
    Then put up a post here on this thread, Hunting in Okanagan ..