Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wall tent chimney setups

wall tent chimney setups

good afternoon

i just got myself a 10x12 wall tent that has a 6" stove jack on the back wall. i am in the process of building myself a stove that is 22 inches deep 18 inches wide and 17 inches tall. my only concerns are how to exhaust it properly. should i just run galvanised snap-lock pipe with your normal adjustable elbows? once outside the tent how far away to you run your pipe before another 90 degree elbow. are any of you supporting your pipe once out of the tent?how high do you finally terminate the pipe at and what are people using for a chimney cap??

all and any input is appreciated

thanks

fuzzy

2. Site Sponsor

Re: wall tent chimney setups

Just make sure your pipe terminates at a point higher than the peak of the tent. If you do a google image search on wall tents you can see plenty of pics of stovepipe set ups. got to love the heat in the wall tent.

I us a 3ft. pipe from the inside elbow to the outside elbow. Then 2, 3ft pipes up,. We tie the upright pipe to a support, I don't use a top cap. The draft & heat is enough to keep the rain & snow out of the pipe.
    "Hunting" is selective harvesting of organically grown, free ranging meat, achieved by placing a good bullet in a vital spot. !!!

Don't use galvanized pipe !!! Use black stove pipe. The zinc will burn off the galv. pipe and this is poiseness .
    Cnada tire or a stove shop has the pipe you want.

Use black stove pipie in the tent but once you leave a 26 gauge galvanized pipe will work just fine. No risk of poisioning in the tent and a heck of a lot cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by dmace View Post
    Don't use galvanized pipe !!! Use black stove pipe. The zinc will burn off the galv. pipe and this is poiseness .
    Cnada tire or a stove shop has the pipe you want.
    This is good advice, made this mistake with the first stove and was lucky enought to get away with it but it could have been bad.

If you are in Victoria get your pipe at Wilks Stoves on Burnside.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Use a 5" pipe, angle it through the 6" hole, reduscer's and 6 to 5 inch adapters for differant angles are available. You need clearance anyway to the back wall and a 5 " pipe won't hinder anything at all, the wall is the pipe support. might be to simple, see alot of out the wall pipes come up from the coast, all seem overly complicated. We use pipes on our 4 tents staight through the roof ............no problems as we do not tarp a canvas tent .
    We can only be kept in the cages we do not see. @

Look at the pipe on pyramid tent, one variable elbow at stove then pipe out ,and wall supporting pipe
    We can only be kept in the cages we do not see. @

...........have a barrel stove , stovepipe , elbows etc available if anyone is interested , I have pics avble , stove is in Kelowna.

Rob