Thread: Hunter friendly places to stay McBride area

Hunter friendly places to stay McBride area

Starting to lay out our plans for our hunting trip next year (we always get the ball rolling the season before so we can coordinate any LEH's and such), and we are considering the McBride area.

Are there any cabins or the like that anyone has tried in the general area (thinking 7-4 ish but are flexible) that are hunter friendly? We don't need anything fancy, just clean, ideally a place where you can hunt/quad right from the place.

If nobody knows of any accomodations, we do have trailers, so any good campgrounds that are still open would be great too.
    Ask me no questions and I will tell you no lies.
    Support www.residentpriority.ca

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckShooter View Post
    Lowering the corporate tax rates is a good thing, it gives corporations more profits so they can afford to give employees raises and other perks. OR if the company is on the brink of financial disaser it can help to keep those jobs for a while longer.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Hunter friendly places to stay McBride area

I know this is an old post, but I am looking at the area for this fall. Did you find anything or can anyone else point me in the right direction? Never spent any time in this part of the province.

thanks

Get ahold of PGK, I think he has the number for the Hybrid Hotel.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

The main valley is nice and also the bulk of it is private land on both sides of the river.

Unless you have permission to hunt land down low - all hunting is limited to the side valleys and high cut block areas.

Have a look:

Click on this link -

http://webmaps.gov.bc.ca/imf5/imf.jsp?site=olc

Click on Find Location bar at top ... then from the right column, select Place Names ... enter McBride and then it will center on the maps ..... enter 450 000 in the scale at the bottom left and hit return.

Then click "Layers" from the top bar and then the layers show up at the right - click on folder called "ICIS Layers by ownership"

Select Private land ---- then scroll down to refresh map button....all that yellow / orange is private!!

Not many people realize the extent of private land in the main valley and there can be some pretty good hunting on the side valleys. Even the overly hyped Rausch Valley is private and gated (that little sliver of private land you see).

Lots of places to stay in McBride or Valemount - then head out exploring the side valleys and high cuts or alpine if you're on a LEH goat, grizzly or for deer.

Don't forget to take pictures of PGK's infamous hybrids should you see one ... apparently there's fields of them.
    Last edited by BCrams; 03-16-2011 at 01:57 PM.

I did find a place to stay...they were cabins just off the main part of the road through town, nice, VERY clean, 2 queen beds and a very comfortable futon out in the fron room. They were not big but enough space for 3 or 4 people.

http://www.mcbridebc.ca/

There are others, but I would probably stay there again. Liek BCrams mentioned there is a lot of private land but if you ask many will let you hunt there, though of course some will not. Tons of area to hunt, but it's a hike your ass into the alpine kind of place, saw almost nothing (besides wolves and the deer in the fields) off the road. I would go again, but I suspect later is better for moose and the like. Draws are long and fairly low odds, so I may put in there this year.

Lowering the corporate tax rates is a good thing, it gives corporations more profits so they can afford to give employees raises and other perks. OR if the company is on the brink of financial disaser it can help to keep those jobs for a while longer.

The camp ground is very nice and has showers. There are nice cabins to rent I think it is something like "beaver river cabins"? As for hunter friendly the "hole" town is nuts and very nosy. Lots of private land blocking access to crown, its very confusing. And whats with the cops driving around 40-50 k's back in the bush? Stange place, kind of like salmo

Quote Originally Posted by Phoneguy View Post
    I know this is an old post, but I am looking at the area for this fall. Did you find anything or can anyone else point me in the right direction? Never spent any time in this part of the province.

thanks
    You should plan on a pre-season scout of the area, I think that there is an access issue with that area. Farmers with gates type of thing on FSRs.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    You should plan on a pre-season scout of the area, I think that there is an access issue with that area. Farmers with gates type of thing on FSRs.
    I didn't any locked gates on FSRs, and I spent about 1.5 days driving and 2 days hiking (was more of a semi scouting trip/get the father in law out for the first time in 10 years, trip during the season for me). There is some odd access on the West side mountains but I found my way around it...it's guys making like it's a private road with signs, but it's an FSR. There is so much country around there...drive up any of the bigger FSRs and start hiking, you won't have any problems with things to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    All FSR are open to the public. Goat River, Dore River, Kiwa Creek, Holmes (Beaver) River, Horsey Creek, Small Creek, Castle Creek, Canoe River and others down Kinbastket etc. Many of them have fences with cattle guards but are open.

The only road that is gated is the private road up into the Rausch River where it goes to a long chain of private property.

How private is a crown grazing lease when the cows are off for the winter?