View Poll Results: Should there be a penalty for shooting rams under 8 years old

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • NO

98 65.77%
  • YES ( one year )

21 14.09%
  • YES ( two years )

30 20.13%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: " dink ram " poll

Re: " dink ram " poll

Is there a conservation concern? If there were, there would be a restriction. Why discourage the very hunters who don't even shoot enough rams now to reach AAH?

BC's game management is not to be designed to grow trophy animals for GOABC to sell to rich foreigners.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Should there be a one year penelty for shooting a spike Buck??

Or what about shooting a smaller bear? what about shooting a nanny?

If it is legal it is legal... if it is not it is not...

Dutchie

Despite what I've posted in the "dink rams" thread. I agreed with the old system where you sat out if you shot a legal ram less than 8 yrs old. It encouraged selectivity and thinned the crowds.

It's a lot more challenging hunting skill wise to get a record mule deer buck in the bush then a sheep in Kamloops ..

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt'n Guide View Post
    Despite what I've posted in the "dink rams" thread. I agreed with the old system where you sat out if you shot a legal ram less than 8 yrs old. It encouraged selectivity and thinned the crowds.
    Thinned the crowds? Why? There are a million square miles to hunt. We have low hunter numbers as it is.

In the huge area of 7B, we have an average 500 resident sheep hunters spread over 2 1/2 months of sheep season. In region 6, we have 210 resident sheep hunters spread over 2 1/2 months. You think it's crowded??? You want to further reduce hunter numbers from these few residents that go? WTF!

Selectivity? Why? So rich Yankees have more big easy rams, that they can BUY EVERY year if they want? You want residents to stay at home for 2 years while Bubba gets to hunt every year???
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Only so many people can climb up there and take all the time off work and afford to out fit themselves, it's a rich man's Sport hunt ..
    Jel .. Not many can do it ..

Quote Originally Posted by Jelvis View Post
    It's a lot more challenging hunting skill wise to get a record mule deer buck in the bush then a sheep in Kamloops ..
    Well Jelvis, first off...the Sheep hunt in Kamloops isn't exactly GOS now is it.

Second I would argue with you about book bucks being harder to bag than a high quality ram. Different of course, but not easier, saying that is a slap in the face to those guys that spend 2 weeks under a tarp for a shot at these animals.
    Ask me no questions and I will tell you no lies.
    Support www.residentpriority.ca

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckShooter View Post
    Lowering the corporate tax rates is a good thing, it gives corporations more profits so they can afford to give employees raises and other perks. OR if the company is on the brink of financial disaser it can help to keep those jobs for a while longer.

If your in good physical condition to climb up and way back you have a chance to see a nice sheep, otherwise no, or have a outfitter take you up into his spot. A person who can't hike good is out except in Kamloops along the roads on Red Plateau Dewdrop ..
    Jel .. Is that correct or you got a better take on it mulemad lettuce hear it.
    Last edited by Jelvis; 08-26-2010 at 07:05 PM.

There is no conservation concern for sheep when they must already be full-curl or 8 years old. Those are very restrictive criteria, and in themselves ensure that hunters will not negatively impact over-all sheep populations.

Either a ram is legal or it isn't....nothing else needs to be added to the equation.
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

Couple sheep were brought into Kamloops a few decades ago and now there everywhere eating all the deer food .. they breed like rabbits