Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: PSE Brute LT or Bow Madness

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Region 2
    Posts
    358

    Question PSE Brute LT or Bow Madness

    Without going into a bunch of details I have narrowed my choices to these two PSE bows, and I am wondering if the Bow Madness is worth the extra $200. I am fairly new to Archery, so think that the extra 1 1/8 braise height with the Brute will be a advantage and cover some flaws until I get better. However, the cam system on the Madness is apparently better. I have been to a few archery shops and they all say there is not much difference, the Madness is just a better bow, not much help. Thank for any actual advice.

  2. Site Sponsor

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    williams lake,b.c
    Posts
    1,431

    Re: PSE Brute LT or Bow Madness

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulehahn View Post
    Without going into a bunch of details I have narrowed my choices to these two PSE bows, and I am wondering if the Bow Madness is worth the extra $200. I am fairly new to Archery, so think that the extra 1 1/8 braise height with the Brute will be a advantage and cover some flaws until I get better. However, the cam system on the Madness is apparently better. I have been to a few archery shops and they all say there is not much difference, the Madness is just a better bow, not much help. Thank for any actual advice.

    kinda like the idea of a pontiac and a cadillac. both gm, just ones better.
    get the one that works best for you.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by huntwriter It seems the "BS" worked just fine for me. But it's no problem you do what works for you I do what works for me


    hunting, fishing, wheeling, arrow flinging, gun shooting, loving it all
    proud supporter of the browning and A.P.A. killing club

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    salmon arm
    Posts
    533

    Re: PSE Brute LT or Bow Madness

    just like jess said...they will both kill what you shoot at just the bowmaddness will do it quicker and with more class.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Prince George
    Posts
    6,194

    Re: PSE Brute LT or Bow Madness

    They say the Madness is a sexier bow ... I say they are both Fugly ....

    seriously tho ..

    the Cam system on the Madness is more agreesive ... if you are new to Archery and still have a tendency to creep your shot .. you shoulder will not apreciate it ...

    The Brute is is a great bow for a novice to intermediate shooter, the back wall of the draw on it isnt as solid as the Madness (get to full draw and keep pulling.. thats the wall... some bows are solid and you cant move ..others have a spongy feel to them) the more solid the wall usually the better the bow will group because you are constantly anchored the exact same.
    Brace height is another factor ... you have allready figured that a larger BH is more forgiving to shooter induced tourqe ..but is typically a slower bow as the power stroke is shorter ...

    shoote em both and take what feels best to you ...
    A true Archery Nut

    Willing to help and anser archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

  6. #5
    Bow Walker Guest

    Re: PSE Brute LT or Bow Madness

    Don't give any thought to what is considered the "better bow". It only matters which one shoots better in your hands.

    I shoot a bow that is supposed to be a lower quality Bowtech - so say some people. It's a Diamond brand. It is my hunting bow and it is without a doubt a diamond. I wouldn't change it at all.
    Last edited by Bow Walker; 08-08-2010 at 02:19 PM.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Lower Nicola
    Posts
    1,590

    Re: PSE Brute LT or Bow Madness

    I recently purchased the Bowmadness xs kit, and am loving it! Pretty much my 1st bow, but its really nice to shoot. Rob
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    williams lake,b.c
    Posts
    1,431

    Re: PSE Brute LT or Bow Madness

    Quote Originally Posted by Bowzone_Mikey View Post
    They say the Madness is a sexier bow ... I say they are both Fugly ....

    seriously tho ..

    the Cam system on the Madness is more agreesive ... if you are new to Archery and still have a tendency to creep your shot .. you shoulder will not apreciate it ...

    The Brute is is a great bow for a novice to intermediate shooter, the back wall of the draw on it isnt as solid as the Madness (get to full draw and keep pulling.. thats the wall... some bows are solid and you cant move ..others have a spongy feel to them) the more solid the wall usually the better the bow will group because you are constantly anchored the exact same.
    Brace height is another factor ... you have allready figured that a larger BH is more forgiving to shooter induced tourqe ..but is typically a slower bow as the power stroke is shorter ...

    shoote em both and take what feels best to you ...
    yes........ yes they are definately fuggly..........
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by huntwriter It seems the "BS" worked just fine for me. But it's no problem you do what works for you I do what works for me


    hunting, fishing, wheeling, arrow flinging, gun shooting, loving it all
    proud supporter of the browning and A.P.A. killing club

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Prince George
    Posts
    2,716

    Re: PSE Brute LT or Bow Madness

    I bought the Bow Madness, this spring, as a back-up bow. I also looked at the Brute because of the price. I liked the B M better in every repect.
    It shoots good and handles easy. The factory strings have a poor rep. and I had to re-serve the centre serving before even putting the loop on.
    Nice bow for the money.

    I paid $615 for the bear bow.
    I harvest carrots. I kill animals.

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Lower Nicola
    Posts
    1,590

    Re: PSE Brute LT or Bow Madness

    Quote Originally Posted by Ambush View Post
    I bought the Bow Madness, this spring, as a back-up bow. I also looked at the Brute because of the price. I liked the B M better in every repect.
    It shoots good and handles easy. The factory strings have a poor rep. and I had to re-serve the centre serving before even putting the loop on.
    Nice bow for the money.

    I paid $615 for the bear bow.

    Curious as why the strings have a bad rep? Rob
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    salmon arm
    Posts
    533

    Re: PSE Brute LT or Bow Madness

    rob you will find that out. Your strings will not last long pse only put good quality strings on their top bows the maddnes is not one of those.

    I will put a plug in for bc4bowhunting on this site makes a top quality string.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •