Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Erblestock J107

.284 is offline You`ll shoot your eye out

Erblestock J107

Anybody have a J107? How do you like it - would you get another or go with something else - I`m gonna get a new sheep hunting bag and looking for opinions, Thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Erblestock J107

I JUST recieved mine about two hours ago. I had a quick look over it and it looks like a very quality pack with lots of thought put into the design process. My only concern is the amount that you can pack out. My hunting partner has a serious bias for external frame packs and he thinks there is not enough places to strap on meat. I think it will be alright but I have yet to pack out a sheep. There is some very cool features on the pack.

Anybody that has had the pack have an opinion on packing out meat with the J107???

Love it more every time I use it. I just discovered a spot beside the rifle scabbard for my fly rod!
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

.284 is offline You`ll shoot your eye out

Hey newbie did you get the spike camp attatchment for it?

Yeah I got the spike camp duffel. I bought my whole kit online and they give you a deal when you buy the kit. The kit has the bag, the waterbladder, the spike duffel and the rain poncho thingy.

I am so excited to try this thing out, it really looks like an amazing bag.

If you buy it get it from the best of the west website, its cheaper than the eberlestock site.
    I've got the J104, it works well (wish they were all 4lbs lighter)
    Originally Posted by averagejoe
    thats pretty cool. i bet you get close to those cats some time when there low in the tree hey. when do they have kittens?? do you ever see baby cougars in the tree or do they hide in her pouch?

Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle
    ....I guess some peeps think a mother griz is like a crack whore ready to drop her baby at the first church door she sees...funny

[quote=CNewbie;454517] My hunting partner has a serious bias for external frame packs and he thinks there is not enough places to strap on meat. I think it will be alright but I have yet to pack out a sheep. There is some very cool features on the pack.quote]

I have the J104, pretty much the same pack, with the duffel attached, it jumps to a 7900 cubic inch pack!!! Don't worry lots of room for meat!!

Perry
    The man who smiles when things go wrong....has thought of someone to blame it on!!

Light travels faster than sound!......He looked pretty bright.....Until he spoke!!

Ive got a wilderness wander and really like it, only two mountain adventures on it so far but its one really strong pack. life time warnty and made in kamloops, buy local is my motto. Its a heavy pack at 11 pounds but works really well for my style of hunting. last year pack in weight was 63 lbs pack out was 105 with no worries. probably could have been more liberal with cape trimming but it was pretty warm and we wanted to get off mountain as quick as possible due to 25 plus weather. anyhow thats my two cents. oh wilderness wander packs are pricey around 750 or so but i really like mine.

I absolutely love mine. I've taken it out every weekend in april, and done a fair amount of hiking with it. In the picture I'm carrying every piece of gear I have (about 60lbs) plus food, and some of my buddies gear that his pack wouldn't hold. Oh, and the rifle in the scabbard, another 8.5lbs. The pack is a dream to carry with weight. It sits nice and close to the back and if you pack it right, distributes the weight nicely onto the hips. You'll probably need to tweak the torso adjustments to get the right fit (it makes all the difference in the world when you get it right). That's one advantage of the j107 over the j104 (i think maybe the only one too), it has the adjustable torso. I havent packed out any meat yet...having had that luck so far this year, but I've definately loaded it full of crap, and it seems like its tough as hell. As for space, I dont even have the duffel, and I havent had any issues - with packing gear anyways. But the straps are super thick, and they are long enough to strap a quarter to the outside, I bet, as long as the inside isnt packed to capacity. When my pack is at capacity (interior) I can still strap my tent and thermarest to the outside - just to give you an idea. So far, it's been well worth the money I spent on it.

http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/7...195382702b.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by BlacktailStalker View Post
    If you buy it get it from the best of the west website, its cheaper than the eberlestock site.
    I've got the J104, it works well (wish they were all 4lbs lighter)
    Talked with Simon Senycz at the BCWF fundraiser, he's distributing them in BC for what I believe is less than Best of the West. Wish I had won the J107 that Simon donated to the fundraiser...thanks Simon for your generous donation!

sy.60@hotmail.com or 250-425-5061
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !