Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is the site slow???

Re: Is the site slow???

Quote Originally Posted by moosinaround View Post
    The site is ok but a few members are!!
    I was going to go there, but I restrained my self

Pull your head out of your Ass
    long enough to see how stupid you look!!!!!

The site loads fast,with shaw.
    BCWF
    WSSOBC-Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sitkaspruce View Post
    or is it my computer(s)? I have tried the site on the laptop, at work and at home and it seems to take between 10-30 seconds to load a page.

Just curious if others are seeing the same...or is my comps only.

Cheers

SS
    I'm having the exact same problem, it might be because of the power outage that happened the other day. That's when it got slow for me at least. usually my laptop takes a half second to load, but now it's taking 10+ secs. to download. i was about to start a thread about this too... every other website has been fast for me. It's pretty odd that it's doing this though... maybe call telus.

If your home network is using a router, try resetting it (the router).

Every so often (especially after a power fail... don't ask me why) my network gets bogged down (certain pages take forever to load) ... a simple reset of the router tweaks things back up to 100%.

Thanks wetcoast, finally someone with an answer rather than smart ass remarks about other poeple and their computer skills.. Reset router, if Caveman and Moosin know what that is, and it seems to have solved the problem..
    Dana says:"That isn't me braggin', that is just me stating a fact."

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Quote Originally Posted by eastkoot View Post
    Thanks wetcoast, finally someone with an answer rather than smart ass remarks about other poeple and their computer skills.. Reset router, if Caveman and Moosin know what that is, and it seems to have solved the problem..
    Easy there Koot!!! Have some fun and go kill a bear bro, I'm on your side!! Tryin to have a little fun, no hurt intended!! Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Quote Originally Posted by eastkoot View Post
    Never intended to offend, but if you'd like a little help, try loading the free version of Malwarebytes. It will scan your PC and remove the malware, spyware and other issues that have a tendency to bog things down. Good program. The computer Guru's at work from IT use it so it can't be all bad. Another is Avast antivirus.

Pull your head out of your Ass
    long enough to see how stupid you look!!!!!

No prob.... glad to hear it worked.

Just don't ask me for an explanation why or how it only effects certain sites.

Those frikken Google Ads seem to be slowing response down a LOT, according to the process monitor on my 'puter! I think they scan the page and then decide on a relevant "Google Ad" to post at the bottom depending on the page's content. I realize they generate revenue for the site, but they suck hugely, and are killing off the speed benefits of the new server, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Yea this site has been horribly slow for me for some time now. I did unplug my router for awhile and plugged it back in but it never seemed to make it any better. Other sites still seem to be pretty decent. I am telus high speed and I even pay more monthly for the EXTREME speed package but don`t really see real world speed benefit from that either.
    A Pine needle falls. An Eagle sees it. A Deer hears it. A Bear smells it