Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Grizz hunt ends early!

Grizz hunt ends early!

Inspite of the complexities of life TSW and I managed to book four days for a grizz hunt. The night before we left I ended a telephone conversation with my buddy Gerrygoat with "if nothing else it should be entertaining". On that note I packed the remaining gear and was in bed by midnight. At 2:50 a.m. the alarm sounded and by 3:30 TSW and I were pulling out of town. As with most memorable hunts things start to go sideways before you know it!

More difficulty than expected in this undertaking but after 45 minutes we were back on the road - I now have a new ornamental rock for the front yard! We had hoped to hunt the final part of the day and were now looking to make up some time.

The journey into the spot was a sweaty undertaking with weather unusually warm for this time of Sepember. By mid afternoon we gear up but unfortunately the video camera decides it would rather stay at camp and refuses to work! At this point we assume that this must be a good thing.

At 3 pm we finally arrive at the destination. The wind is perfect and we like what we see. Initially two grizz are spotted through the brush. They look immature so we move on. We take a rest and TSW decides to take a little nap. Shortly after I hear movement in the brush and see grizz at 70 yards. I tap TSW on the shoulder - "showtime". He perks up but again not what we are looking for. A little later we move on and again another grizz but not what we want. This bear looks very nervous and is looking down stream. We head downstream and within two minutes I spot a bigger bear moving upstream towards the other bear - looks like a showdown may occur between the two. I like the size and colour of this bear and unleash the 300 wmag while aiming at the shoulder. The grizz instantly bolts directly at us and two more shots are fired at 12 yards.

http://s383.photobucket.com/albums/o...t=IMGP1592.flv

The 7th grizz ends the hunt at 5:20 pm but not without a little excitement. Thanks to TSW for joining me on this trip and making it all possible. Once again we have been blessed with a great hunt in a prestine area.

Last edited by BCbillies; 05-27-2009 at 10:03 PM.
    "Every time is a once-in-a-lifetime experience . . . all different" Glenn St. Charles

LIFE MEMBER: RMGA, WSSBC, BGRCBC

2. Site Sponsor

guest Guest

Re: Grizz hunt ends early!

Good looking bear, What are the rough measures on that one?
    Sounds like your in G bear heaven !
    Congrats.
    C/T

Nice bear..

it always makes the end result that much sweeter when murphy's law has kicked your ass along the way.

Awesome Bear! Congrats!

Carl

WoW! That's a brute. Good hunting, nice photos. Jelvis

sweeeet...GREAT BEAR WELL DONE GENTLEMEN...
    looks like a great hide and good sized pumpkin head..

cheers

steven

That is one beautiful bear!!!

Way to go MK!! I got to come up there one year with u and Gerhard for one of those big fella's! Beauty of a Grizzly, congratulations! RAMSHOT>

Another awsome adventure from you guys. The colour of that bear is amazing.

Hey Man, That is awsome! I think you are one of the best guys on this site! Thanks for all your help so far with the goats, I would love to hear some of your grizzly tales!