I'll gladly take the course if she's the instructor

Can't guarrentee that I'll remember anything

SSS
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

Re: Mandatory Bow Hunter Training

Of course she is the instructor!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Onesock View Post
    Actually I think all bow hunters should have to take the course. What the MANDATORY course would do is stop the guys from buying x-bows on Friday and hunting on Saturday. Most guys that hunt with compounds or traditional gear shoot there bows for months before the season starts. I have yet to see one x-bow at a 3-D shoot and for sure they are welcome there. As someone said on here before I will borrow a x-bow for the late season. This in unacceptable as far as I am concerned. He couldn't just borrow a firearm without the proper courses now could he? I am not against any hunter who practices and knows the limitations of his/her weapon. Shooting a x-bow 3-4 days before bow season does not a bowhunter make!
    FD maybe you have a hidden agenda. Maybe you want to see bow seasons discontinued.
    I'll ask again - should a traditional bow hunter who hasn't taken the course be punted into the GOS, as you believe crossbow hunters should?

The only agenda I have is more opportunity for everyone with whatever weapon they wanna use. Bow hunters get Sep 1 to Dec 10 here - longest season of anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Quote Originally Posted by Onesock View Post
    Actually I think all bow hunters should have to take the course. What the MANDATORY course would do is stop the guys from buying x-bows on Friday and hunting on Saturday.
    So what you’re saying is that because of a few irresponsible people every bowhunter should have to suffer, spend more money to make yet another mandatory course that will prevent nothing of what you fear. NICE!

I tell you what. I love bowhunting been doing it for many years but if mandatory bowhunter education would come about I would hang my bow on the wall for good and so would many others. But I guess that would be fine by you then you have bowhunting season all to yourself or maybe not. Maybe, the government would scrap bow season because of lack of participation. Always be careful what you wish for it could backfire on you.

Oh by the way, I talked to an archery rep on a hunting show and he told me that compound bow sales go dratically up a week or two before the season opens.

Most guys that hunt with compounds or traditional gear shoot there bows for months before the season starts.
    So does the majority of crossbowhunters, just because you do not see them at the range doesn’t mean they don’t shoot. When I shoot my crossbow I do it under the week during hours when most others have to work. Why? Because I am getting tired of putting up with the attitudes some of the “holier than thou” bowhunters display. The immature sniggering and uneducated comments.

Oh, let me tell you a very short story. One time a guy was making fun of me, saying, “Can’t shoot a proper bow eh!” Without saying a word I walked back to my truck and got my compound out, walked back to the range and whacked six arrows one after the other at the 30 yard target into 2” circle. The look on the other guys face was priceless. Now he looked like the moron he was. Never judge a book my its cover.

I have yet to see one x-bow at a 3-D shoot and for sure they are welcome there.
    Small wonder, for years and years crossbow hunters have been treated by bowhunters and bowhunting organizations like a cancerous tumor. Crossbow hunters have been willfully maligned, ridiculed and outcast.

Now that many bowhunting organizations and clubs smell the bacon (money) with the raising popularity of crossbows they are all of a sudden welcome. Would you follow an invitation from the same guy that kicked you in the ass all these years? I didn’t think so.

I have visited an archery tournament – as a writer - were crossbow shooters have been invited. The organizers were polite enough but the majority of the archery crowd welcomed the crossbow shooters like a flea invested dog in a living room. You couldn’t avoid hearing the sniggering and stupid comments and jokes if you tried. The crossbow shooters had no reason to mingle with folks like that so they stayed in the corner and waited their turn to shoot and then went home never to return again.
    Last edited by huntwriter; 11-20-2008 at 08:06 PM.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

I'd take a mandatory anything course from her! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Sheep Steve View Post
    I'll gladly take the course if she's the instructor

Can't guarrentee that I'll remember anything

SSS
    A spiritual being trying to have a human experience

Huntwriter. If I believd in anything as strongly as you seem to believe in the x-bow I would try and change peoples perception of them. I believe in bowhunting quite strongly and fight tooth and nail for it. We have welcomed x-bow shooters at the 3-D shoots in Courtenay for years and never had 1 person show up. Shit, show up and show us nonbelievers what you are made of. Sorry thats a lie. We had one young lad confined to a wheel chair show up last year and even set out special targets with access for his wheel chair so that he could shoot.
    The bowhunting organizations that I belong to have had many complaints from conservation officers regarding x-bow offences. I believe most of these offences would not have taken place had the owner of the x-bow had the appropriate education for bow hunting and the use of his weapon. This is the last you will hear from me on this topic as it is going nowhere.

At the KCSA shoot near Penticton last year we had 3 xbow shooters. They looked like they had fun and no one made fun of them that I noticed.