Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Newbie

Re: Newbie

The timing for the surgery isn't the greatest, but with duck hunting as an incentive, you recuperate faster! I had the same thing a few years ago with back surgery and the doctor moved up my operating schedule to accommodate my hunting plans; I don't even think he is a duck hunter.
    Thanks for the welcome.
    Why do the ducks come just after I pour my coffee?

Welcome to the site Blindman

I'll keep my eyes open for a clipper canoe. You will be able to recognize my boat with two boys, a black dog and too many decoys (at least that is what Dano says).

Dave
    Dave

Welcome to the site, Blindman. How hard is it to cross the border to hunt?
    Dave, No such thing as too many decoys, .....but your boat does appear to be a bit small. (actually, that's 2 things that aren't ever right. Boat is always too small, and never enough decoys!)
    Dan
    Buddi doing what she does best!

Dave,

I won't be paddling the Clipper during waterfowl season; just Preseason to familiarize myself with areas to hunt. I'll use a Marsh Rat or a BBSB for hauling my dog and "too many decoys."

Dano,

I guess your question is "how hard it will be for me to enter Canadian duck space," and I really won't know for sure until I try it the first time. Supposedly with my PAL and firearm registration card, the crossing should be easy; no firearm paperwork. Will it go as forecast? That will depend on who is on duty and how they interpret the rules. I am planning on visiting the Canadian authorities at the crossing I will use and discussing the process, and introducing myself prior to showing up on my first trip hunting. If that doesn't work I guess plan "B" would be put in motion; paddle my camo Marsh Rat to White Rock with my hunting stuff hidden in a hockey bag. What do you suppose my chance for success will be?
    (Just kidding in case any customs people monitor this site.)

I was just wondering how you go about bringing an unregistered gun into Canada and do you have to call ahead that you are even coming to the border with a gun. I'm bringing one in via all the proper steps and it's a nuicence but do-able (it's been a few months already) but hopefully I get the shotgun this week or next,... I'll post pics!).
    I brought a car back from Bellevue in an enclosed trailer and the Canadian guys didn't even look into the trailer to see what I said was there, was in there........
    Dan
    Buddi doing what she does best!

My registration cards came so I am set to buy my hunting license next. Hunters from the US without registration cards can cross the border by just filling out some paper work and paying the fee for short term; I believe it is 60 days. The Canadian web site suggests obtaining the paper work ahead of time and having it filled out prior to arriving at the border to save time.

I have nothing but positive things to say regarding the way my PAL and registration of firearms was handled; very polite and helpful people. Just normal Canadians eh! Hope the Canadian ducks will be as helpful and cooperative.

Welcome to the site Blindman. It is great to see more and more hunters coming on the site.

Good Luck Hunting !!

Longshot

Thanks for the welcome. How is duck hunting on the island?

Quote Originally Posted by blindman View Post
    Thanks for the welcome. How is duck hunting on the island?
    The island has a few birds but there are better places on the mainland to hunt then here. We have very few areas that are crown land, mostly agricultural land that you need permission to hunt.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Quote Originally Posted by blindman View Post
    Just normal Canadians eh! Hope the Canadian ducks will be as helpful and cooperative.
    The Canadian ducks all go "quack, eh".
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !