Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Quad Supplies

Re: Quad Supplies

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    Who's Brent?

Carry a mile of rope - that way ya can winch 'em to the road.
    that certainly would of been handy for my moose retrieval last year, what kind of quad did ya get???
    Hunt to live-live to hunt!

I am new to the quad world, why would I need to have liability insurance??
    I take it that a BCWF membership would help?
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
    -- George Washington

" A long range shot should never be taken if the range is so great that a hold on the top the shoulders will not drop a bullet into the chest cavity." Author Jack O'Conner

One thing I haven't seen yet is a 12volt tester as they are handy to have, electricians tape, duct tape, a 12 volt spot light that plugs into your outlet, extra large tie straps, baby wipes (clean your hands after gutting) etc...
    Oh ya and lots of booze!
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

An option rather than the rope is bungy cords, I keep about ten of assorted sizes on the racks. The advantage over rope is that as the animal shifts and moves while transporting, the rope will loosen but the bungies stay tight.
    Their steaks, roasts and burger to me! Tom

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk View Post
    An option rather than the rope is bungy cords, I keep about ten of assorted sizes on the racks. The advantage over rope is that as the animal shifts and moves while transporting, the rope will loosen but the bungies stay tight.
    I like to use a cam-buckle tie-down strap together with a good quality bungee cord. I double the bungee cord back and hook it in the middle with the cam end of the tie-down, then suck 'er up tight with the tie-down strap. If the load shifts, the bungee sucks up the slack. Works great. I use them to tie down a heaping load of firewood on the truck too, for the same reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Quote Originally Posted by browningboy View Post
    ...a 12 volt spot light that plugs into your outlet...
    ....Oh ya and lots of booze!
    So ya get pissed and go pitlamping Brownie?
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks

Other than my emergency pack, I like to carry a couple of ratchet tie downs, a 20' tow rope, some bungee cords.... And YES; WISERS, for when you never know why, but CAN,,, if the need arises.

Yes. It DOES suck being stuck on a mountain overnight, with only a granola bar and apple to see ya through. Never will I cruise again, without me sippy cup.

Mr. Dean,

HuntingBC. 'Minnie' Mod.
    HUGE fan of taxidermy.
    My HBC Photo Gallery: http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showg...sername=mrdean

Quote Originally Posted by beeker View Post
    you gettin rid of the tw?
    JC-Never!! When I first bought the TW it was saving me ~$150/month in fuel after the extra insurance was factored in. Now I have a new-to-me full-size diesel so with the higher fuel prices I save closer to $200/month. I keep the TW on the road for 9 months of the year and use it whenever possible. I will still use it for hunting but will use the quad for longer trips and late season (snow on the ground)outings. Need to keep the miles off the truck and keep the paint looking good.

Mark-It's a 2000 Yamaha Big Bear Professional 400cc. It would not have been my first choice as it's a maul shift and fulltime 4x4 but I couldn't let it get past me for only $2500. I will need to throw a new piston into it in the next year or two but it runs solid.
    Last year my buddy put on a brandnew scabbord, "Princess" seat and battery in it.
    Like I said it will keep the miles and scratches off the truck.

Boxhitch-good point about the maual pump....it just so happens the my Father-in-law gave me a good quality bike pump a couple of years ago...I forgot I even had it kicking around the garage.

GG-Don't worry about me becoming a full time road warrior. Just ask Calvin...I'm not exactly good at spotting game while in the seat....which works for me.

SSS
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Sheep Steve View Post
    ..."Princess" seat...

SSS
    So it looks like you'll be packing ol' Spider Legs' (GG's) sorry ass around the bush this year. He keeps promising to buy horses if we supply the quad fleet, but I'll believe that when I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    So ya get pissed and go pitlamping Brownie?
    No! So I can find my keys to start the quad once I wake up from passing out!
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...