Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Quad Supplies

Quad Supplies

I just bought a "new-to-me quad" and was wondering what all you ATV veterans keep on board in the way of supplies for breakdowns/ safety gear..etc...etc

SSS
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Quad Supplies

Seems to me there was a thread about this maybe a month ago....I would find it for you but I am off to work...Damn...
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    Seems to me there was a thread about this maybe a month ago....I would find it for you but I am off to work...Damn...

Thanks RS. I'll have a look back. I never thought I was going to own one so I must have never paid att'n.

SSS
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

Tire plug kit
    small pump
    tow rope
    winch
    mini shovel
    hatchet
    1/4 inch rope(50ft)
    small tarp
    bone saw
    head lamp
    1/4 roll of tp
    bungee cords on rack
    ATV tool kit
    bottle of water x 2
    spare gloves and tooque
    black garbage bag for WHY
    duct tape
    mini flash light
    can of oysters
    protien bars
    pen
    lighter

Those items stay in the quad and a few others are thrown in depending on the situation

I added a few things to the list after cleaning out my storage box and organizing it.
    Last edited by Phil; 05-28-2008 at 07:09 PM.
    "Everything comes to him who hustles while he waits"
    Thomas A. Edison

"Sometimes ya gotta let your dog find you"

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Tire plug kit
    small pump
    tow rope
    winch
    mini shovel
    hatchet
    1/4 inch rope
    small tarp
    bone saw
    head lamp
    1/4 roll of tp
    bungee cords on rack
    ATV tool kit
    bottle of water x 2
    spare gloves and tooque
    black garbage bag for WHY

Those items stay in the quad and a few others are thrown in depending on the situation
    I take a full roll. I see so much game, and such big trophy animals, that it scares the crap outta me.

Go to Princess Auto and get one of those small wrench sets for $6. The stock ATV tools are usually a bit lame. Instead of a toque I wear a bomber hat over a ball cap to cut the wind down on the old noggin. On colder days, a fleece scarf is nice. Lined/insulated/waterproof gloves are better than the gortex ones to stop the wind. I carry a can of that tire sealer goop, plus a tire plug kit, plus a Crappy Tire 12V pump - haven't had a flat yet, but they are common. A couple of rags to wipe of dew-covered seats, and a few pairs of nitrile gloves to keep your hands clean if you have to do a repair.

Pack spare fuel for that Scamaha 'cause they have small tanks and are less fuel efficient than Polar-asses.

Oh yeah, your BCWF membership should be carried at all times to save a $345 fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Add a spare spark plug to the list, and extra fuel if out cruising. You may not need the fuel if you plan your ride accordingly, but if you come across another hunter who didn't, they'll sure appreciate it!

First aid kit also.

extra fuses as well I learned me that lesson the hard way last year LOL...

This is not a troll or attempt to cause any uproar. It is just information as I have been advised. Check on the BCWF site and see what is written about the Liability in reguard to ATVs. There is no coverage when "joyriding",there is no coverage on "public Roads". I have been advised by Forestry that in the eyes of the "Law" FSRs are a public road. Therefore, not to start any debate or arguement, please,check with your local Forestry,RCMP or the BCWF before riding a FSR without valid Liability Insurance,wether fishing, hunting etc. The BCWF states that when listing what is covered. It will be a painfull,costly error.

Ern, is that you?

Joyriding isn't covered. You must be fishin' or huntin' to be covered. However, your over-zealous FT3 Forestry buddy doesn't know his legislation. FSRs are NOT public roads for the 1,000th time.

Tell him to study the Forest & Range Practices Act:

Not a public highway 24
    Despite section 42 of the Transportation Act, a road constructed or maintained under this Act, the Forest Act, the former Act as defined in section 1 of the Forest Act or the Forest Practices Code of British Columbia Act is not a public highway unless the Lieutenant Governor in Council declares it to be by an order in council that he or she may make under this Act.

And, from the Motor Vehicle Act:

"highway" includes
    (a) every highway within the meaning of the Transportation Act,
    (b) every road, street, lane or right of way designed or intended for or used by the general public for the passage of vehicles, and
    (c) every private place or passageway to which the public, for the purpose of the parking or servicing of vehicles, has access or is invited,
    but does not include an industrial road;

"industrial road" means industrial road as defined in the Industrial Roads Act, and includes a forest service road as defined in the Forest Act and land designated as a development road under section 8 (1) of the Petroleum and Natural Gas Act;
    Last edited by Fisher-Dude; 05-16-2008 at 10:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !