Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Horses Saddles Buckles and Cowboy Hats

Re: Horses Saddles Buckles and Cowboy Hats

Picture of a buddy on a grizz hunt. We had hunted hard that week and he had passed up quite a few grizz. Rode up in the fog and it was just beginning to burn off and spotted his bear. My buddy was killed the following summer in a plane crash in AK - heck of a good guy.

Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by horshur View Post
    G
    Gate. were you guys up the Besa?
    I rafted that damned "river" all the way from Redfern to the Prophet. Beautiful country, scarey ride!

Sweepers, shelves, log jams, fast and narrow. But - I lived to tell about it!

I'd love to return, with horses this time, and check out Keiley and Richards, maybe head up Klingzut. Too much country, too little time.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Quote Originally Posted by Dannybuoy View Post
    I may have found a quote to use
    Feel free Dannybuoy. I have to add that my wife just was worried sick that one day the phone would ring and someone on the other end tells her something she wouldn’t want to hear. She has seen me get kicked around, stitched up and in blaster casts. I do love her enough that I don’t want her to live in fear and worry.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

GoatGuy; Sorry to hear about what happened to your good buddy a heck of a loss. Jel.

Quote Originally Posted by GoatGuy View Post
    Picture of a buddy on a grizz hunt. We had hunted hard that week and he had passed up quite a few grizz. Rode up in the fog and it was just beginning to burn off and spotted his bear. My buddy was killed the following summer in a plane crash in AK - heck of a good guy.

Goatguy:

Sorry to hear about your friend.

Wolfman
    "didn't want the cabin lookin' like it was built by a boyscout with a dull hatchet."

- Dick Proenneke

So, can some of you real cowboys help a greenhorn cowboy out? I've heard that a bit of Vicks in the horse's nostrils will help keep them from shying from the smell of game meat. Is it so?
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    So, can some of you real cowboys help a greenhorn cowboy out? I've heard that a bit of Vicks in the horse's nostrils will help keep them from shying from the smell of game meat. Is it so?
    Don't borrow trouble...I have never had much trouble with horses packing game.
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Quote Originally Posted by horshur View Post
    Don't borrow trouble...I have never had much trouble with horses packing game.
    Sometimes blindfolding em whilst you load them helps ... horses sometimes arent scared of what they cant see ...... I have only put or dragged a few deer with a horse ..... not boni-fide pack animals ...just run of the mill ranch horse

Smile Re: Horses Saddles Buckles and Cowboy Hats

Quote Originally Posted by GoatGuy View Post

Sorry to hear about your buddy Goat Guy ,I have lost a few over the years as well ,its hard to except things like this ,the one good thing about it all is they are there when you are on your hunt ,memories are great to have.

Here are a couple of our Elk trips.