Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Perfect shot?

Re: Perfect shot?

meat loss in reality is inconsiquential as long as you can retrieve the animal .
    Amen......

Mr. Dean,

HuntingBC. 'Minnie' Mod.
    HUGE fan of taxidermy.
    My HBC Photo Gallery: http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showg...sername=mrdean

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dean View Post
    Amen......

x2

It's a coupel of lbs of ground or stew meat..not enough to get worried about. Most imprtant is that you go tthe animal.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

X3. It doesn't matter how much jelly there is on an animal, I always remind the butcher to "cut big" around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

I do agree that the shot was effective and brought the animal down and I have taken many animals in the front shoulder however if we are sticking with the name of the thread " Perfect Shot", this shot was not and could have been placed better if all conditions were in the hunters favour.
    Their steaks, roasts and burger to me! Tom

broad side :to far ahead
    1/4 away : looks bad
    1/4 towards :looks bag on
    All depends.
    Still dead and it's better than in the guts

Good Shooting enjoy the venison!
    "I would rather be judged by twelve than carried by six"

2 inches behind the eye would have been ideal. but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. you dont' get much off the front shoulders anyway so you ****ed up a bit of ground/sausage meat. I do all my own cutting and it's a pain in the ass when there's bone/bullet fragments and blood shot meat. It takes a lot more time than just deboning so i'm fussy. Guys who take their meat away probably aren't so fussy.

gutting them is cleaner too when head shot no blood every where and messed up guts. i like to eat the hearts and livers so i try not to shoot them in the body if i can help it. But i won't pass up a shooter though if i gotta lung shot them. animal down meat in the freezer is priority. lose a bit of meat, well i'm gonna get more than one so it'll all average out in the end.

i don't care about cracking skulls and scoring. i'm a meat slut

Quote Originally Posted by Barracuda View Post
    meat loss in reality is inconsiquential as long as you can retrieve the animal.

Ask yourself this....... Would you take the same shot placement on an elk or moose? Myself I perfer to take it just above and behind the elbow. Little to no waste, and the animal will go down instantly or shortly there after. Way too much to waste on the larger animals with the shot shown. If you're an "American Headhunter" the shot taken is perfect. Just my two cents worth!!

Pull your head out of your Ass
    long enough to see how stupid you look!!!!!

Any shot that knocks critter dead in his tracks is superior to any shot that lets critter run any distance at all after the shot. That being the primary criteria, and the report that the critter fell in his tracks - shot was approximately, if not exactly, perfect.
    "...the truth will make you free." John 8:32

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
    Ask yourself this....... Would you take the same shot placement on an elk or moose? Myself I perfer to take it just above and behind the elbow. Little to no waste, and the animal will go down instantly or shortly there after. Way too much to waste on the larger animals with the shot shown. If you're an "American Headhunter" the shot taken is perfect. Just my two cents worth!!

or a Canadian headhunter , or even any kind of head hunter for that matter.
    I have seen just as many trophy hunters in canada as anywhere else so that is kindo of an asinine statement not to mention rather insulting to our American friends on here.

ask yourself how much meat you actually lose in % and then ask yourself if the animal was that % smaller would you still shoot it?

for me i will take incapacitation every time regardless of animal .