Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Dog Food choices??

Re: Dog Food choices??

Iams only plus the duck jerky treats. We got a shitload of freezer burnt salmon from a friend before he threw it out. Canned it all up and the lucky dog gets 2-3 tablespoons with the evening chow. He just about comes out of his skin for the fish. My wife also takes the grouse breasts after she debones them and boils the bones and then strips whats left for the mutt.

Salmon is one of the few foods that HAS to be cooked before you feed it....at least salmon from the Pacific....they can carry a parasite that when consumed by your dog will attach to their intenstine and can easily kill them if it's not treated properly.
    Also, bones should be fed uncooked because cooked bones splinter and cause problems.
    I hope you don't mind the info....I did almost a year of research before I switched from kibble.
    Cheers,
    Alisha

Fisher-dude Just a thought ! Your pup may only have a break out when the stock from the coral get to your place .(Fleas or ticks possable )

Both are dog's had poor coats. They had been eating medical from the vet.
    We know have them on riplees ranch and there coats are great Graise gas is much less (thank god ) and the clean up is much less . . They drop the food of at my wife work . If you would like to try some call me .

calvin

Ive got a 5 month old Golden Ret, the breeder had her on 'Ol roy(wallmarts brand0 and it was terrible ...stinky gas runny craps ....etc .... I switched over to Petceteras Brand of large breed Puppy food ...very much better (its the same as Iams only about 10 bucks cheaper a large bag)
    Both Vets i talked to said the same thing ... they looked at the ingrediants etc ... and said its the same thing ....since swapping ...no more stinkys, more energy from less food better bowel movements etc ....

I used to run a petfood extruder and for many years made dry pet food, And when you read the ingredients label, some of it isnt present in the feed , also they sub ingredients that they run out of, exp run out of wheat, sub bakers waste, which could be anything from tim hortins muffin mix to magavins bread dough. We used to have the B.C. regional rep for Nutro , and i used to get my feed half price. another thing that will make your dog emit alot of gas is the chicken fat that they use.

Quote Originally Posted by calvin L View Post
    Fisher-dude Just a thought ! Your pup may only have a break out when the stock from the coral get to your place .(Fleas or ticks possable )

Both are dog's had poor coats. They had been eating medical from the vet.
    We know have them on riplees ranch and there coats are great Graise gas is much less (thank god ) and the clean up is much less . . They drop the food of at my wife work . If you would like to try some call me .

calvin
    Golden rule Calvin: Their place, NOT mine!

What's the protein source for the Riplees?
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !