Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I need new tires?

Re: I need new tires?

A decent handling tire, something that won't be crappy on ice like a mud terrain tire, but is still great for off road is the BFG Commercal. Big O also sells a very similar tire that is available in bigger size but does not come in anything better than 8 ply. I do like the BFG AT as I have gone though 4 sets of them, but that is the problem, they wear very fast, especially if your 1 ton is a diesel.

http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/bfg/productIdSubmit.do
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of showin up safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, hunting rifle in one hand and shifter knob in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

I agree with big7. I have a one tonne dodge and got bf goodrich all terrains because they didn't make a toyo m55 tire for a 17" wheel yet. The bf's were the worst tire I have ever had. Absolute crap! Finally they made a M55 toyo for 17" wheels and I am back. The last set of M55 I had I got 119000 km no sh$#t. My buddies owns a logging company and that is all he runs. Best tire you will ever buy.

My buddy had Toyos on his F350 and they were crap. They wore quickly to 25% tread, slipped all over on icy roads because they had very little syping, and howled so bad you had to yell in the cab of the truck to each other. They also made the truck ride like a tank. No thanks, I'm not buying Toyos so I can say I'm a logger.

I run BFG ATs on all my trucks, and am impressed with the traction on icy roads. Any AT is a compromise in greasy mud, so I run Mud TAs on my old bush truck in the summer for gooey conditions. The BFGs do wear fast because of the soft rubber compound, so you have to rotate the hell out of 'em.

I like the first half of a tire a LOT better than the second half, so I tend to sell my Mud TAs at half wear and buy new ones. I get about 40% of new price for 40% tread tires, so I'm happy with that. I don't recommend Mud TAs for icy winter use - may as well ride on a set of hockey pucks! But, they sure chew in spring corn snow!
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Quote Originally Posted by OOBuck View Post
    Michelin LTX, will never let you down.
    x2 the michelin ltx is an awesome tire I had bfg ats and they wore quite fast iirc 62000km i needed to replace them,my michelin ltx have 121000km and I'm still going to use them through this winter.

Fisher dude, I use toyos m55 because they are a proven tire for anyone that wants heavy use. If you like BF's have at her, like you said, they are soft and sh**t and my experience is you burn through them. If you are referring to me wanting to be a logger I don't need to want to be one, I was one and could be one anytime I want, I just changed professions. Get toyos or bfs what ever you want. BF's will last a long time on Fisher Dudes little 2wd mazda pickup. Good lucky buddy. Go catch some fish.

I agree with mtnmann, having lived in Smithers a proven tire was the Toyo M55, 90% of the bush trucks used those tires and they last. I had them on my plow truck and didn't use chains, a foot of snow mixed with ice underneith and it didnt stop that plow.
    When own a real truck who cares about tire howl, unless you are a pavement rider, but when you depend on that tire and you are in the bush and dirt roads ...who cares about the noise
    By the sounds of it FIsher dude wishes he were a logger....lol
    TO each their own on what tire you buy...but I definately know the M55 is a proven tire
    Last edited by striperjack; 11-20-2007 at 09:16 PM. Reason: change

I asked a similar question on the Frontier site recently... apparently everyone loves the REVO on the small trucks but that they don't stand up well on full sized vehicles...
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by mtnmannbc View Post
    Get toyos or bfs what ever you want. BF's will last a long time on Fisher Dudes little 2wd mazda pickup. Good lucky buddy. Go catch some fish.
    Better get the testosterone level checked. It might be up a quart. They are just tires buddy, mellow out.

Striper, I worked in the industry for 14 years, 8 of them in Woodlands. Even have a scaling license. Been there, done that, have the T-shirt.
    Last edited by Fisher-Dude; 11-21-2007 at 09:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Quote Originally Posted by moose hunter View Post
    cooper discoverer mud and snow, they lasta long time they work very good in the mud, or the bfg mts also work good but as said up more 33 or bigger is better.
    Yup, I agree we have them on 4 trucks, and love them. Incredible in the mountains in snow, ice and mud.

Fisher Dude, testosterone runs through my veins daily, I am not hot under the collar, you are just a humerous annoyance. I just started on this site and I see your comments on everything, by the looks of it you are a humerous annoyance to most. Are you a little hot? Maybe your little Mazda didn't spark on this cold November morning.