Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Getting a new retriever for christmas

Re: Getting a new retriever for christmas

Here is another picture of Marshall outside eating snow with Penny.

I was duty last night and my wife was looking after him for me. He chewed my keyboard conection wire in two and chewed up one of my computer speaker wires as well. The speaker I can fix but the keyboard is toast. He also chewed up my laptop power cord two days ago. I spent a good hour today raising and hiding any other wire that he may have a hankening to chew on.

Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

He looks awesome Marc......sorry about the wiring, but he looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by MB_Boy View Post
    He looks awesome Marc......sorry about the wiring, but he looks great.
    He's terrorizing the other two dogs. He constantly barking and jumps at them trying to get them to play with him. Penny is finally starting to warm up to him I actually caught then laying on the same dog bed this morning. Usually he cuddles with Nash my male Lab.

Had him in for his initial visit with the Vet and they told me he is an exceptional specimen of his breed. I put him on the scale and he now weighs 21 1/2 lbs at 9 weeks. I brought all 3 dogs in to get their annuals done ,well that was a treat I’ll tell you. I had no problem finding someone to baby sit Marshall while I was trying to bring the other two in for their checkups. Nash lost about 4 lbs since his last annual and Penny gained 4 lbs. I'm hoping with the new dog in town it will help motivate to get the other two more active and lose a bit of weight in the process.

BCWF

Ya I can tell the price of that little bugger is cheap compared to his first year of chewing You will laugh about it later I am sure...
    If you're going to find tracks you better make tracks!

The little bugger wanted to go out last night at midnight and again at 4:00am. I'm in the process of crate training him so I have to take him outside to enforce peeing outside as a good behavior. I'm pretty much wiped right now. Trying to stay up long enough to tire him out before I go to bed myself.

BCWF

Had the dogs to the lake this afternoon, Marshall tore up and down the shore while Nash and Penny fetched a few sticks I threw for them. It did all of then some good to get out and get some fresh air. There was about 20 ducks there at the edge of the lake but Marshall never paid them much attention besides eating the duck crap along the shore.

Here is a picture I took a couple minutes ago of Marshall figuring there's enough room for him and Nash in Nash's crate.

BCWF

Yummmmmmmm, duck crap!

My dog liked to get into horse crap when he was a pup, and got some sort of stomach bug that cost about $250 at the vets to cure.

The pinch collar worked great on anti-crap training. On our walks, I would let him wander over to check out a pile of steamy morsels, and as soon as he got within chewing distance, I gave him a strong correction with the pinch collar and a firm "NO!" Within a few days, he was finished with horse crap, and now ignores it completely.

Looks like the dogs are doing really well Marc.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

typical puppy, tonnes of energy, and lots of fun and entertainment. Looks like a great dog Marc, any advances toward basic training yet?

Well he'll have been here a week as of tomorrow, so far he's learned:
    -that #2 is for outside. He still hasn't mastered #1 yet but it's getting better. I've been crate training him since two days ago so it's improving as it goes along. The first night I might have gotten 4 hours sleep last night I manged 6 in total.
    -He learned to sit on command.
    -I've also taught him that he's not allowed in the bathroom that has the dog food in it. Now he sits in front of the door opening patiently awaiting his meals.

Quote Originally Posted by bruin View Post
    typical puppy, tonnes of energy, and lots of fun and entertainment. Looks like a great dog Marc, any advances toward basic training yet?

BCWF

Wow that's pretty impressive for so early. When do you usually start your dogs on hunter training?