Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best Elk Call Mouth Diaphragm

Re: Best Elk Call Mouth Diaphragm

^^^^^ Ironic you say that.
    A few years back, we had a bull that was in the thick stuff/ laying in a wallow we knew was in there.
    He would only respond to the "wood flute" my dad still likes to carry around with him, for those "what the heck times".
    Who knows, might be the "high pitch" that they like?

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    Elk don't bugle back these days to the fancy new shit, so might as well go back 35 - 40 years to when we'd have bulls charging in to these old relics. We killed way more elk back then than we do now!
    maybe has something to do with your bugling from the pickup
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    maybe has something to do with your bugling from the pickup
    With the way the grizzly bears come in to my elk calls these days, bugling from the pickup is the only safe spot on the mountain!
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

I wish I could make diaphragm calls work. I've tried and tried and tried and the best I can do is gag till I puke. My dentist hates me, he damn near has to medicate me to get past the gag reflex. I can't even use the Primos blue reed calls very well and all my hunting buddies laugh their asses off
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by The Hermit View Post
    I wish I could make diaphragm calls work. I've tried and tried and tried and the best I can do is gag till I puke. My dentist hates me, he damn near has to medicate me to get past the gag reflex. I can't even use the Primos blue reed calls very well and all my hunting buddies laugh their asses off
    First off, good thing you ain't a chick!

You could try the bugles from Buglin Bulls.
    They sort are a "hybrid" between reed calls (as the insert piece is similar to the diaphragm).
    The mouthpiece portion has a piece that your "bite on" to apply pressure to the reed to make different nots.
    Sounds pretty damn good, and might be the best one for you, considering your issues

For sure about GBears coming in....definitely a way to hunt gbear....ahhhhmm, I mean, view gbear.

My go to Elk calls. Larry D Jones reed bugle ,old school copper flex bugle and my secret never fail Herter's # 351 Elk Master Call .
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

^^^^^lets see, my dad is 79, and that's the same gear he has.
    Missing the Power Bugle that he has in his arsenal.

rummaging around in my buddy's Dad's gear room last week looking for something, I came across one of those fluting thin "bugles" - Blew on it and had a chuckle, what a piece of junk
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Larry D is still one of my go to's!
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !