Page 39 of 67 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: Whitetail doe season... is it time to take end it?

Re: Whitetail doe season... is it time to take end it?

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    Harvest is increasing.
    Has the average number of days needed to kill a WT doe in Region 8 remained the same, reduced or increased across the time period the harvest increase has occurred?
    The World is run by those that show up.

You're making up stories again.

Harvest stats in region 8 for moose kept going up, then we counted the moose and found the population had more than doubled since the last count 8 - 10 years earlier.

But don't let that derail a good bullshit spew.
    calf moose seasons and your defence of them in region 7. Doubling moose numbers in 8 is a piss in the wind.
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Our antlerless seasons here in reg8 are longer, sure we may have a bag limit of one wt doe, but we have the either sex bow season, which reg3 does not..
    You're starting with at least 30,000 more deer in a smaller area and 2 hours further from the lower mainland or the Island. You can't realistically compare the two regions. I think you Okanagan boys like region 3 as a buffer between you and the masses. Who is going to travel an extra couple of hours or more for less opportunity.

Harvest is increasing.

How many times have we had to correct you on that? Do you think if you just keep repeating it often enough, people will believe you?
    Didn't region 8 allow more opportunity in the last regulation cycle (an either sex archery season).
    Did that help keep harvest increasing?

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    Didn't region 8 allow more opportunity in the last regulation cycle (an either sex archery season).
    Did that help keep harvest increasing?
    No. It was in place before the last regs cycle.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    You're starting with at least 30,000 more deer in a smaller area and 2 hours further from the lower mainland or the Island. You can't realistically compare the two regions. I think you Okanagan boys like region 3 as a buffer between you and the masses. Who is going to travel an extra couple of hours or more for less opportunity.
    It appears you have an issue with people from other regions, by the tone of a number of your posts.

It must really suck when someone shoots your deer.
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks

They rode the calf moose seasons like a rented mule...calf moose seasons are management strategy for populations at carrying capacity..good idea...the the warnings and concerns came up but harvest stats supported the science. Stats worked good until the holy shit moment.
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Quote Originally Posted by horshur View Post
    calf moose seasons and your defence of them in region 7. Doubling moose numbers in 8 is a piss in the wind.
    Calf hunt had nothing to do with the decline in 7A's moose numbers.

R5's moose declined by the exact same percentage over the exact same timeframe with LEH bull only.

Nice try though. I know some guides in 7A weren't happy with people putting a moose in their freezer, so I understand some angst among some posters on moose season discussions.

It appears you have an issue with people from other regions, by the tone of a number of your posts.

It must really suck when someone shoots your deer.
    You got that from my post? WOW
    You obviously don't want "them" in your back yard. Why aren't you pushing for more liberal seasons and bag limits in region 8.

Calf hunt had nothing to do with the decline in 7A's moose numbers.

R5's moose declined by the exact same percentage over the exact same timeframe with LEH bull only.

Nice try though. I know some guides in 7A weren't happy with people putting a moose in their freezer, so I understand some angst among some posters on moose season discussions.
    Not what I was implying...your science didn't catch the decline till it was well on its way..the harvest stats to be specific. You quoted harvest stats as defence of season...accused posters of nimbyism...said they were out to lunch and then...no moose. I am not blaming the calf season I know why it crashed I am questioning the reliability of using harvest stats...