Page 35 of 67 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Whitetail doe season... is it time to take end it?

Re: Whitetail doe season... is it time to take end it?

FD forgot the #managingtozero. K

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Oh God what a load of BS lol

If you believe what you posted here you have lost your mind. You do realize this is about a doe season right? lol

Nice job trying to alienate and demonize any hunter that does not agree with you
    And your post isn't alienating? Back atcha. Why doesn't everyone take their personality issues to pm this wide open bitch session has nothing to do with helping wildlife.

This could well end up the stupidest personalality squabble cammo'd as a wildlife issue thread on HBC this year if it isn't there already. Gets worse every year.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    This is what it's all about. Great post about the importance of hunting to your family, in the face of greed by other posters who want to shut down sustainable opportunities because they didn't kill a huge buck last year.

Well stated and let's continue to fend off the greed of others who want your family to go without these opportunities to share in our hunting heritage.
    How about letting people access those 30,000 surplus white tail in region 8.
    Talk about missed opportunity.

Oh I forgot you live in the Okanagan with a lower antler less bag limit and a shorter season.
    Not in my backyard EH!

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    Oh I forgot you live in the Okanagan with a lower antler less bag limit and a shorter season.
    Not in my backyard EH!
    Who the hell do you think got the R8 regional bag limit increased to 3, despite the guys in your camp crying about it? "It'll be a SLAUGHTER," they cried.

Who the hell do you think got the WT buck season lengthened from the 24th to the 30th?

Who the hell do you think got the late WT bow season extended by 5 days?

Keep on bitching on about shit you know nothing about, Bob.
    Last edited by Fisher-Dude; 01-26-2018 at 02:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

is there going to be any regions left for 2018-2020 that will allow a 2 doe WT harvest?...Reg 3 is the only one left on 2016-2018

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    This is what it's all about. Great post about the importance of hunting to your family, in the face of greed by other posters who want to shut down sustainable opportunities because they didn't kill a huge buck last year.

Well stated and let's continue to fend off the greed of others who want your family to go without these opportunities to share in our hunting heritage.

There is the fiesty FD back again. Did your groomer let you off the leash today? How's he doing? I miss seeing his environmental retweets from Raincoast on FB. I don't know why on earth he unfriended me. When you report back in at the end of the day, make sure to say 'Hi' from me.

Please tell me again why the science in Region 3 is different from Region 8? If we can sustain a 3 month season on bucks with a 2 whitetail limit allowing hunters to shoot either 2 bucks, 2 does or a buck and a doe, and we have a much much lower whitetail population than Region 8, then why can't Region 8 have the exact sustainable hunt?

Maybe I'll help the Okanagon boys out a little with the answer to your question.
    When I look at the map in the synopsis it's pretty simple, there's a really thin line, on one side it's region 8 and the other side is region 3. Deer are totally different on one side of the line than the other.

I don't see any problem with the wt limits in Reg 3. In a 5 day period, I had 7 different wt bucks on my trail camera and that is just winging it with a tip here and there as I am not even from this region. One of the bucks was taken by another hunter (who has been on here no less). The does on camera were more nocturnal than the bucks were ... meaning just as smart. Not too sure what the issue is to have a liberal bag limit on a species which can handle it? It takes a little more creativity / effort to harvest a doe than in the past no doubt! I only ever saw wt once from the vehicle enroute or from this area. They're in there pretty good as the cam doesn't lie. Could have taken 1 but had a friend and his wife in my blind a few hundred meters away and it was headed towards them so held off hoping she would have an archery chance. It was close as the buck showed up 20 minutes after we left at dusk perfectly broadside.

What I didn't like was the couple times a big cat walked through, it would be a couple days before the deer showed up again.
    Last edited by BCrams; 01-26-2018 at 07:06 PM.
    "The mountains are calling and I must go."

-- John Muir

Did you come home with a deer? Maybe if there were a few more deer you might have one in the freezer.
    I've always wondered where these deer go when people say they're nocturnal.
    I've killed a bunch of white tail.
    Never have killed one at night.