Page 32 of 67 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Whitetail doe season... is it time to take end it?

Re: Whitetail doe season... is it time to take end it?

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    And how high do you honestly think the harvest is during the youth and bow seasons?? The benefits of a short doe season for whitetails is a better buck:doe ratio, which usually leads to breeding occurring at about the same time, so predation on fawns has less effect....other advantages are better fawn:doe ratios, better herd genetic biodiversity, and usually more mature bucks...pretty much everywhere I go in region 8 the whitetails are the last critter I'm concerned about....
    The Harvest Data is where the problem lays, nobody really knows. Does get whacked steady for 60 days of our GOS., and with the high predation and lack of habitat, harvest numbers will keep declining. Deer aren't like fish,
    we can't fly over and dump a bunch out of a bag to restock the mountains. Your attitude on WT being the last critter of concern is shard by many Resident Hunters, that's the problem. Heck we even increased the Regional
    allowable harvest to keep the pressure on them. Like I said Managing To Zero.
    Maybe someone should look back at the history of all the increased Opportunities within the Resolution Process, I bet there's a common thread and a small group of individuals involved.

Quote Originally Posted by bownut View Post
    The Harvest Data is where the problem lays, nobody really knows. Does get whacked steady for 60 days of our GOS., and with the high predation and lack of habitat, harvest numbers will keep declining.
    Harvest numbers are increasing, not declining.

We've already shown that.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    I started a new thread in open chat so as not to take away from this tread.
    People should remember the last NDP government pretty much put an end to bear hunting in the mid 90's.
    with the meat retrieval regulation with the ban on the sale of bear parts and the accompanied cubs regulation.
    Yes, the NDP was listening to an anti org then as well. If I remember, the name was Bear Watch. Then did a huge media blitz on radio, newspaper and TV. They claimed blackbears were on the edge of extiction while at that time the population estimates had black bears higher than the human population. Hahaha. But, the NDP didn't listen to science then either. Funny how some things never change eh? If it sounds like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it is probably a duck! But, nooo, lets give the guy a chance because evil Christy took away 3 or our tags. Pat was one of the reasons these jokers are in power. How does that feel eh Pat? You got these guys in with your ant-Liberal anti-hunter rallies.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post

And we have shown you can't manage based on hunter stats. High harvest does not equal high population especially given an open GOS on easy to harvest does. Please post up the Region 3 doe harvest numbers before the GOS? Wait, I'll do it for you. PreGOS the doe harvest was a whopping 0. That's right. Zero, zip, zilch! So you are surprised that whitetail harvest stats go up when we now harvest 2 whitetail does in a GOS?
    Last edited by dana; 01-23-2018 at 08:14 PM.

When was the Regional bag limit increased to 3 for R8? Those charts look better every time, how can we keep up the good work, we are running out of ideas.
    The best success story so far is the one about starving out the wolves. Time for a Reboot and Mandatory Harvest Data. That would help for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    And we have shown you can't manage based on hunter stats. High harvest does not equal high population especially given an open GOS on easy to harvest does. Please post up the Region 3 doe harvest numbers before the GOS? Wait, I'll do it for you. PreGOS the doe harvest was a whopping 0. That's right. Zero, zip, zilch! So you are surprised that whitetail harvest stats go up when we now harvest 2 whitetail does in a GOS?
    harvest of does in 3 is apparentky consistently less than 300 does. Meaningless. Bigger things to deal with out there I’d think. Anybody have the doe harvest data to confirm?

Quote Originally Posted by Gamebuster View Post
    harvest of does in 3 is apparentky consistently less than 300 does. Meaningless. Bigger things to deal with out there I’d think. Anybody have the doe harvest data to confirm?
    Here is what FD posted.

R3 2016 = 1080
    That would be total whitetails I presume. So you are telling me less than 300 of 1080 are does? That hunters are harvesting close to 800 whitetail bucks in Region 3? That is a hard one to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamebuster View Post
    Average since the 2010 reg change has been 339.

Like you said, meaningless to a population of 8,000 WT deer that are rated as increasing in number.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Harvest numbers are increasing because hunters have been convinced white tail are a trash species.
    Go back a couple of years and read some of your own posts.
    Hunters who would not have taken a doe or fawn, now think they're helping save the world.
    How much time have you spent in region 3, in areas with little or no private land.
    You are always beating the drum that there isn't enough money to do counts or surveys, yet you claim white tail numbers are increasing, where did this data come from and who payed the bill?

In the south of region 3 where I spend the majority of my time in the bush, either hunting or working, WT numbers are doing very well, but so are MD. I can't say the same about the northern parts of region 3 though, barely any deer at all, but moose numbers seem fine. Maybe they need to re-draw the regional boundaries and manage accordingly.