Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Mule Deer Restrictions

Re: Mule Deer Restrictions

Bownut is from Kelowna.

I was at a presentation by Andrew Wilkinson in town today who spoke about wildlife sustainability and his commitment to it. As it turns out, I was the only hunter in the room asking about the real changes that will help our fish and wildlife, and getting our point across about the habitat work necessary to achieve it. I think bownut should have been there instead of staying home snuggling with the hunting regulations synopsis.

If hunters want to improve things, they'll have to get off their asses and get engaged with their MLAs and candidates, and tell them what we want. Sitting and bitching on here about hunting regulations won't improve anything.

On the bright side, Andrew really "gets it" and is committed to what we want to do. He asked good questions of me and also explained to the rest of the room how hunters are the real conservationists.
    Last edited by Fisher-Dude; 01-14-2018 at 08:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    The OP is from Kelowna.

I was at a presentation by Andrew Wilkinson in town today who spoke about wildlife sustainability and his commitment to it. As it turns out, I was the only hunter in the room asking about the real changes that will help our fish and wildlife, and getting our point across about the habitat work necessary to achieve it. I think the OP should have been there instead of staying home snuggling with the hunting regulations synopsis.

If hunters want to improve things, they'll have to get off their asses and get engaged with their MLAs and candidates, and tell them what we want. Sitting and bitching on here about hunting regulations won't improve anything.

On the bright side, Andrew really "gets it" and is committed to what we want to do. He asked good questions of me and also explained to the rest of the room how hunters are the real conservationists.

Your special lol

Quote Originally Posted by horshur View Post
    what tool do managers have to address declines? What have they done in recent history that was something other then a regulation?
    I know what they need.
    They certainly don't have it now.
    Some are trying to give them the tools to help in the rebuild and focus on wildlife.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Your special lol
    Your grammar sucks.

Have you been in to see your MLA yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Any muppet that thinks “ running to your mla” will effect change is delusional. How has that worked so far? Those that beat us went to the top !! What effects change is being involved politically, meaning have influence with ministers and premiers. Find that voice and wildlife will have a voice. Keep talking and promoting dealing with bureacrats and we will have the same shot as we have had over the past two decades ! Some like to take a good wage and continue on with the same losing strategy that has been employed over the last two decades. Time for a change for all people of Bc who hunt

[QUOTE=Asp;1973497]Any muppet that thinks “ running to your mla” will effect change is delusional. How has that worked so far? Those that beat us went to the top !! What effects change is being involved politically, meaning have influence with ministers and premiers. Find that voice and wildlife will have a voice. Keep talking and promoting dealing with bureacrats and we will have the same shot as we have had over the past two decades ! Some like to take a good wage and continue on with the same losing strategy that has been employed over the last two decades. Time for a change for all people of Bc who hunt[/QUOTE]

What kind of change?

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    Not sure what you are meaning that there has been no restrictions or regulation changes to prevent population decline. I have been hunting for 28 years and have seen plenty new restrictions and not many new opportunities. How long have you been hunting?
    Hunted since 72' and still getting out there.
    Take a look at Region 8 in the past 15 years, look for the Major Changes in that section. How does that look to you?
    Increased Regional bag limits, longer seasons, ect. Then ask yourself what percentage of the BC hunters hunt in 8?

I am fully aware that the regs. changes will not fix the decline single handedly, but I have a hard time with the lack of conservative thinking
    with our present condition.

Regs. History:
    http://a100.gov.bc.ca/pub/acat/publi...reportId=22560

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    So now you want to argue about how we justify our hunting? and you call yourselves hunters? Sounds like a couple of posers , not sure whose side you are on .
    I wasn't arguing with anyone, I was just saying that when guys say they hunt to feed their familes I don't think they necessarily mean their families would starve if they didn't hunt. I personally am fine with any and all reasons guys use for hunting, and yes even "trophy" hunting, absolutley nothing wrong with trophy hunting in my opinion, especially for grizzly bears...lol !

Quote Originally Posted by bownut View Post
    Take a look at Region 8 in the past 15 years, look for the Major Changes in that section. How does that look to you?
    Increased Regional bag limits, longer seasons, ect. Then ask yourself what percentage of the BC hunters hunt in 8?

I am fully aware that the regs. changes will not fix the decline single handedly, but I have a hard time with the lack of conservative thinking

Regs. History:
    You do realize that the increased regional bag limit in region 8 is to put more pressure on whitetails right?? The regional bag limit of one mule deer in region 8 has been the same...so do you agree or disagree that whitetails in region 8 have increased in the last 15 years??

Quote Originally Posted by bownut View Post

Regs. History:
    I don't see any increased bag limits for mule deer or longer seasons. Some major changes that would effect mule deer populations would be the addition of a trapping season on wolves, an added general season on wolves, extended cougar seasons and more motor vehicle restrictions to name a few. This is a province wide regulation but lets stay with your example of region 8, I don't know the hunter numbers but it sounds like there is many so if those same hunters choose to harvest their one buck in region 8, how is this area going to change at all. Besides if buck to doe ratio is fine how is not shooting surplus bucks increasing the deer pops. I still fail to see how your comment about no reg changes have been made for the betterment of mule deer pops is warranted.