Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
I agree, it all starts with legislated objectives for fish and wildlife populations, and the proper funding backing those objectives.....I hope all you old school thinkers read this, and approach it with an open mind, rather than just having a hate on for Fisher Dude..you all know who you are, time to wake up and start demanding to your respective MLA's that wildlife needs to be a higher funding priority, not more restrictive hunting seasons..
Funding for wildlife enhancement , COs, and collecting data to keep better track of our game populations is needed

Running our present system without the above is part of the problem. Management for the purpose of creating opurtunity without proper data on our populations and a portion of our MUs run on guessing instead of proper counts is an issue. With little to no effort put in to adjust management when minimums are not being met in a population is a problem

Management for the purpose of opportunity well keeping game populations in mind involves a more in-depth knowledge of our populations and closer management then presently used in BC. We presently have a blanket management system that is more about trying to keep things simple for hunters then working with our game populations.

Want to free up more $ combination of of conservative management and opportunity management helps. Conservative management has more give when it comes to game populations. This can take concern of some locations and funding can be directed to maintaining counts on areas managed for opportunity

Multi tier systems have more advantages then blanket management for both expenses and game populations

BC is actually managed with old school thinking

Dont worry I do more then talk to MLAs