Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: No ATV use in 3-28, 3-29 and 3-30

Re: No ATV use in 3-28, 3-29 and 3-30

I would suggest getting in touch with your local MLA, the present Minister (don't even know who that is, but I intend to find out), and the BCWF if you are a member, there is strength in numbers, and I know that the government may not listen to individuals, but they will listen (or at least a much bigger chance) if you are affiliated with a group such as the BC Wildlife Federation. I just found out about this yesterday, but intend to notify everyone who may listen, I think you all should do the same.

Here is my letter to the Minister:

Dear Minister Donaldson, Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development:

I refer you to this release:

http://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/sports-recreation-arts-and-culture/outdoor-recreation/fishing-and-hunting/hunting/regulations/2016-2018/2017_atv_hp_elephanthills.pdf

This is a totally bogus ATV ban. The stated reason is to prevent ATV use off-road in burned areas. This is totally false in particular in GMA 3-28, the only fire there was the Thuya Creek fire, and there is no way that any ATV could traverse any of the burned area (way too steep). The ministry could have said, "no ATV use off a roadway", or "no ATV use in a defined area", and draw a map around the fire area they are trying to protect. There is no way that this huge ATV closed area is justified.

In addition, this ban will dramatically increase the consumption of fossil fuels, and do nothing to protect wildlife that may be vulnerable due to the fires that a smaller ban would not do. By banning the use of ATVs in this huge area, it forces hunters to use their trucks. The fuel use of an ATV for a day is about 15 liters. For a truck it is about 150 liters. Yes, it is that dramatic. I use about 10% of the fuel using my ATV than I would using my diesel truck. And I never go off the designated roads.

I am strongly encouraging you to discuss this issue with your staff, and reverse this decision. There are much better ways to accomplish the goals that have been enunciated, with way less harm to both the environment and the wallets of hunters! Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

I would encourage all you hunters to do the same! (yes, you can copy and modify as needed). This is really important, especially in this formative stage of the new government.

That's a very good letter Rupert, thanks for posting..

So now I have to mile up the company truck. Put on the chains regularly and drive the steep nasty road to get to the area I hunt? Which is at least 60km from the fire. Man this bugs me I have a better tool for the job and the boss is telling me not to use it��. The n d p is awful

Quote Originally Posted by Takla View Post
    If they start banning atv use in M-U's across B.C the success rate of hunters will fall substancialy,i remember the 'ol days' before ATV's and getting your game every yrs was tougher and getting out it of the bush tougher yet!
    personally hope it doesnt happen

takla
    Success rate for hunters has not increased whatsoever with the advent of ATV use.

Statistics show that days per kill has not decreased over the past 40 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

As USUAL the Gov has put way to much THOUGHT ?????? into this Ban ! This was all brought about by the POOR hard done by FN.s ! Guess who caused -started the WHOLE problem we have now - Ashcroft FN's ! But we pay the price again along with DOUBLE STANDARDS too ! RJ

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    Success rate for hunters has not increased whatsoever with the advent of ATV use.

Statistics show that days per kill has not decreased over the past 40 years.
    While this may be true who's to say that that the stable success rate is not because of the use of quads. With technological change I feel it's a mistake to assume that stable harvest rates mean there is no problem. I have hunted the area that Bugle M IN mentions and his comments are spot on.Guys that are running their quads up there could be charged for at least 3 offences under the rules for site and access restrictions. I don't think either of us are seeking a ban on quads but because there aren't the funds for proper enforcement a ban is the easiest way that the powers that be have available to them. If you read the regs there are definitions for motorcycles, quads/atvs, motor vehicles and vehicles. It reads to me that quads are restricted to roads that a "vehicle" can travel, and I understand a vehicle to mean something that is licensed for highway use. So keep them on the FSR roads and spurs or other roads that a "vehicle" can travel. They shouldn't be used to make trails into pristine game habitat because people are to lazy to walk in or pack out their animal. The game is there because it's undisturbed.

Funny thing is, the general public doesn't care about what the FN are up to.
    After that Vegas shooting, my wife stated that things need to change, that auto's need to be banned etc.
    I said that would be hard to do, since so many exist out there already, and after this, more sales happen do to the risk
    of them being banned.....
    But, then I say to her, that FN issues, such as this latest Restriction "that FN are exempt"... again ... and all the other
    issues, such as not reporting what they take etc etc....
    That that needs to change as well....
    Her answer:
    "You can't change that".....
    Wow, was I disappointed by that statement...
    Granted, the Vegas incident is a much more extreme situation etc, and not trying to compare the 2 at all....
    But funny, how one problem, you can start somewhere, and the other "will never change".....
    But, that is the mentality of the general public.
    IT's as if we need to start an "advertising campaign" on social media to show the public just how much the FN
    misstate and abuse their rights....cause the public just doesn't see it....
    Without seeing it, they just don't care, cause it never crosses their mind.

I also argue with my family over the statement,why get so worked up you can't change it they will do what they want anyway.

Once again we are not on the agenda, but others have a permanent place there under the NDP
    I have a feeling I am going to need one of these before all of this is finished -

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/thisisthat/o...-mps-1.4332887
    "Just ask anybody who packs a 338... the 30-06 will bounce off a grizzly!"

"I am not here to awaken sheep, I am here to awaken sleeping lions" Husky7mm